2012 Toyota Prius

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

Perfect car for me

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, economical, great handling, great amenities"

Cons: "Not one con"

"I cannot find a thing I don't like about this car except for the crunchy tires. I couldn't figure out what that crunchy sound was on turns but the dealership finally traced it to the tires which, because of it's forward weight required tires with stiffer side walls. But that's just the tires. This car has been a dream to drive, handles wonderfully, and has all the amenities I like. After a Tacoma and two 4Runners I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this car. Toyota has really got this car dialed in."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."

40+ MPG no matter what

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "MPG!!! Toyota value and reliability"

Cons: "Changes how you drive"

"I do a newspaper route in this 2010 Prius, on Sunday it is a bit tight but it still does the job. We looked at all the MPG cars and none of them came close to a Prius. We did spend more than we wanted but no other car would have been close to 30 mpg with all the stops we do. I drive 230 miles a day and about 200 stops. I am able to drive about like normal and get 43. On days I am trying to make up time I still get 36 mpg. On those days it costs me about an extra gallon and saves maybe 30 mins or so. We wanted a Prius when we first went to look but did not think we could work it into our budget. One week in the van's gas is more than one car payment and it uses 1/3 the gas. I drove a Honda fit first, and thought I would die before it got up to speed. I almost bought that car thinking it was about as good as I could get. Every thing else after that had more power and better mpg... the fit is just weak. Everyone I talk to about it, warns about its hybrid batterie but if you look online you wont find any thing as they don't fail that often so no one really knows how far they can go. Even the first Prius does not fail to often yet. But funny thing is everyone that warned about it never has drove a Prius and for sure does not own one. The biggest problem with this car is... me, I am putting on a lot of miles so I will soon have the highest mile 2010 Prius. 230 miles a day, 7 days a week and extra if we do any thing else that day. I can't wait to take a road trip in it to see if I can get 50+ mpg. The people before me had every trip over 50 mpg but I have only done the route and my day starts off at 50 but that goes away soon as I start to stop and go a lot. Going from box to box and needing to get back up to 50 mph only to stop and repeat. Even still it does that at 40ish depending on how heavy your foot is."

Great car good milage poor seat comfort

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "great milage, power, dash layout"

Cons: "terrible seats,radio need improvwement"

"This is a great car good milage, good power, nice styling and design inside with great dash layout. Seats need to be improved greatly are hard and very uncomfortable especially for longer drives. Need to stop to get out and stretch cause of hard stiff seats."

Have been in love with this car!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Radar Cruse Control, Auto Parking, Toyota quality"

Cons: "Seems to always be in the way of other traffic."

"Just the fact alone I don't have to go to the gas station all the time is great! Actually I love my Toyota. Although I was in my late forties, I bought the car, Prius! Boy am I glad I did. Have only had one instance of complete failure. Friday bight I unloaded the trunk, backed into the garage. When I went to the car Monday morning, IT WAS DEAD .... The Hybrid battery was fine. Fully charged. There is a small 12volt Battery in the trunk to start the computer. What did I do, Backed in garage Friday night. No power to even open trunk, as it is also electric. Could not pull car out , as garage is at a 90 degrees from driveway. Called Toyota Care, they were able to get me up in running in no time."

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

I disagree with people who hate the interior.

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "MPG, awesome cockpit ergonomics"

Cons: "Could use a little more power on hills."

"I have only had the car for about a month. Like most people I bought it for the mileage (which is great), but it turns out I really like driving it. I think this car easily has the best ergonomic design of any car I've owned. The heads-up display is excellent. The center console seemed odd when I first drove the car, but now I recognize that it makes the navigation, stereo, and climate-control buttons easy to see and reach for the driver. The bluetooth hands-free system and streaming audio are awesome. Great JBL 8-speaker sound system. The seats are very comfortable and the 2011 models have seat height adjustment and a telescoping steering wheel. In my mind this seems to have fixed driver comfort issues that people had with older Prii. My wife doesn't care for the look of the seats or dash. In my opinion, the interior doesn't look "luxurious" but I think it looks modern, durable, and kinda sporty."

She has won me over!

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling on our mountain roads"

Cons: "lane keeping is poor"

"Great car with real value and a money saver. Fun to drive and bettered my expectations. Last 8 cars were Acura's and I am very happy with the Prius."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"

can't beat the gas mileage

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "the beeping when it is in reverse"

"I love my Prius"

my favorite car ever..50 miles on a gal. gas.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "would like larger but lov the mileage"

"I love the power also. I was surprised."

Got MPG? I sure do! 55 MPG!!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, great MPG"

Cons: "Need AWD version"

"I bought my 2011 Toyota Prius and I simply LOVE it. I am getting up to 55 MPG. It is a trooper in the snow, and it is extremely reliable. I love how much room it has for a car and that there are no blind spots and you don't feel closed in at all. I know my next car will be another Prius or at last something with Toyota's Hybrid technology. I have also thought of getting the plug in. I have NO complaints about this car. I would recommend it to anyone... This is my third Toyota and I will be buying many more in the future!! Keep up the great work Toyota!"

Great car, amazing mileage

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, tight turning radius, creature comforts"

Cons: "none of which I can think at this time."

"I knew the Prius was highly rated for good gas mileage. But we recently just did a lot of in-town driving and this car averaged about 75MPG. We've only had this vehicle for a few months, but she I have become the best of friends. Now I definitely know why dealers can't keep this car in stock."

It's a fun GAME CHANGER from a driving standpoint.

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Less money spent on gas less carbon output Fun"

Cons: "Rear visibility. Reflected light from interior"

"With the Performance Plus package, my Prius 2 corners like a snake without the body pitching back and forth after a turn. To save gas, the "Game" now is retain more speed (kinetic energy) on corners when safe (where children, pedestrians, bikers, etc. are not around) and surface conditions safely permit. The stiffer springs and short side wall tires do create a firmer ride but I like it. The steering is very good. They should have blacked out the dash and front side window area better but I can fix that. I removed the rear w/s wiper to improve visibility. The rear horizontal curtain should be in black as well to reduce reflected light but I can cover that too. With only 500 miles on it, I love it."

love this car.

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "reliable, handles well dun to drive"

"I bought this to replace a 2005 Prius I gave to my son. This was so much better on snow, a pleasure to drive, and even better mileage."

Great car, great value, awesome MPG

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "fuel efficiency, int design, quality, reliability"

"I bought this car strictly for the gas mileage, but have been very impressed with the quality and practicality. The car has plenty of room for my family of 4. The back seats fold down effortlessly to give you a huge rear storage area ( major concern of mine moving from an SUV). I dont really have any complaints. I'm not in love with the body design, but the 2010 models look a heck of a lot better than the 2002-09 models. Im averaging between 55 and 60MPG around town. Hard to complain about that!"

The best car I'll ever own

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Slow to heat up in the winter time"

"I love to drive my Prius. The new design is spacious and sleek. If you're looking for a fuel efficient car, then look no further."

reliable, good mileage, roomy , not cheap

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "unexpected room, mileage, reliable"

Cons: "not cheap"

"My family owns 2 of these and a 2007 Prius. The 2010s are very good cars but not quite as well made as the 2007s. More recalls and a couple of rattles which it took the dealer a while to find. Better gas mileage, a little roomier ( I am 6'1 220) and the optional power boost for getting on freeways are significant improvements. Much better than the Honda hybrid but pricier. Get after market leather."

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"I love this car!! I get good mileage (54 ) by actually having to pay attention to how I drive instead of just point and aim driving"

Great vaule for the features included.

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Excellent Mileage, Good Value"

Cons: "Comfortable but slight small interior space."

"Excellent mileage was the reason for the purchase. I traded a 2001 Odyssey for the Prius. I miss the passenger and cargo space of the Odyssey. However, the Prius is comfortable and I love the modern features this car, especially the satellite radio and the navigation system. Well worth the price. I do a lot of commuting between two cities about 130 miles apart. The fuel economy has been a blessing. No complaints about this vehicle at all. Well worth the price, especially considering the savings in fuel costs."

Love it! Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cons: "Sound system isn't great"

"Never had a problem. Have maintained regularly. Extremely roomy for a small car. Decent mileage (48 mpg in summer, 40 mpg in winter), though not as much as advertised. Pretty good in the snow - even without snow tires."

Great Car overall

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I used to own a 2003 Prius. When I traded that in after several years I thought I wanted something bigger. I always missed the car from that day forward. When the 2010's arrived I had to check them out. What an improvement, and the features are outstanding. I opted for the Prius V and the technology package is fantastic. I love the backup camera, and the Bluetooth and Navigation. The car performs much better than the 2003 and with increased fuel economy. I average 45 in Winter and 55 in Summer. It's been great, and as others have stated a few little annoyances with a couple rattles, it's great. The rattles are really small and due to the revised interior materials I think. The performance in Power Mode is outstanding. Much better than my Honda Civic Hybrid by far. I am anxious to learn more about the plugin's when they become available. In almost 2 years not one thing has gone wrong with this car and service is a breeze. Keep up the good work Toyota!"

Love My Prius

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"65 mpg hwy, 45 city (lots of hills) Love everything about this car but headrests (too far forward, gives me a cramp in the neck), fabric on back of seats (will not wear well over time), and I wish there were slightly better visibility along the frame of the front windshield to the right and left (can get in the way and obscure a car at just the right angle when you're looking to turn at an intersection). Great power as needed, great on gas mileage, love the LED lit from above steering knob when driving at night, and really love learning how to drive it. I enjoy throwing the car into neutral and ghosting along when I've reached a decent speed. I LOVE not having to fumble with my keys outside of having to lock or unlock the door to my house! There's enough room for my 6' 3" husband's head and legs (even in the backseat). I've never loved a car before this one despite years of driving and tons of test drives."

52 MPG

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I have put over 2500 miles on my Prius 11 and received over 52 mpg. This is both city and highway driving. We have enjoyed the car, but it took a couple of weeks to get use to the car because it is very different from any other car that I have owned. The car is pretty quite and runs well. The Pris handles very well and really move when you have to pass someone on a two lane highway. Love the radio and all the other options that the car comes with. Toyota could improve the armrests by adding more padding and improve all the dash displays so they are more readable when one is wearing sunglasses. Other that that it has been a great car and plenty of fun to drive."