• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Very good car but has a few deficiencies: 1. Gas mileage very good, but not as advertised(got 45mpg on highway) 2. Car is noisy at speeds over 60 mph, even with engine turned off. Probably wind or road noise, but more insulation would have helped. 3. The car notices every little bump in the road. 4. The visor cannot be turned down when wearing gloves in the winter. (a small bend in the corner of the visor would have cost nothing and would have worked. 5. No compass (or if it has one, I still haven't found it.)"

Great Automobile

By on Monday, January 11, 2010

"Handles well, great gas milage, very comfortable, very very stylish, roomy inside, and mine is very quiet with a smooth ride. Can't think of any cons and would recommend it to everyone in the market for a new car. Price IS reasonable. I have the Prius III and love it. Dont't believe the stories about low power! I drive the Southern California freeways and I have no problem entering the freeways, passing uphill, or stepping "on it" and passing at higher speeds when necessary. As a matter of fact, you almost have to drive dragging your foot on the ground to keep from driving too fast!! I've seen comments about the "Prius rear view." Hey, it's a hatchback; what can I say? With the rearview and outside mirrors, i have absolutely no blind spots."

Meets expectations

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I have a new 2010 base model Prius. Considering that I purchased this vehicle to replace an F150 pickup I would say that I have been blown away by the mileage this vehicle gets. I am averaging 4-5.5 Litres per thousand kilometers which I believe is between 45-50 miles to the gallon US. It has a reasonable amount of power, enough to pass safely and it rides and handles well. if you are looking to save money on gas and have a decent ride this is a good vehicle for the money. A little more effort into comfort would have gone a long way. I am 6' 6" and the center console is annoying to my knee although I am living with it. If they had just raised it up another couple of inches it would have been perfect."

Good, but...

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Comfortable, solid feeling, quiet ride, good MPG. Dashboard rattles, slow acceleration. I feel the four choices of normal, EV, ECO, and power are more gimmicky than useful."

Great Techy Car!

By on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"I've driven this car (Prius III) for 3 months now and it's absolutely wonderful. It does take a little getting used to as there are many functions and can confuse you in the beginning. But no worry, after a month of driving, you'll be very comfortable. I'm getting around 48MPG and that's with mostly high speed hwy (~70MPH) driving during the winter. The fin in the back (the "Prius blind spot") is a little bothersome in the beginning, but you'll come to learn how to see everything anyway. Driving-wise, it is very smooth and quiet (so quiet sometimes pedestrians won't know you're there and you have to wait for them to cross). I had the JBL speaker upgrade and they sound wonderful. The Prius III also comes with Bluetooth integration and it works perfectly! Many people were surprised I chose to get the Prius, saying it's very ugly. But the 2010 version looks much sportier and once my friends got a close-up look at it (inside and out) they loved it as well. I'd highly recommend you test drive it first before crossing it off your list."