• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better than estimated MPG

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Up to 70 MPG!"

Cons: "Console creaks during cold weather"

"This was my first new car purchase and my first hybrid purchase. Previously I drove a pontiac, then a cadillac and then a volkswagen. First off, my commute to work (20-25 minutes, 8 miles, all city) is nearly always between 50-62 MPG which I love. I've even gotten up to 70 MPG in other instances. I've experienced MPG in the high 30s only in the dead of winter here in Michigan when I am also driving on the highway. It's still way better than any car I've driven. I'm not planning on ever driving a non-hybrid car again. The smug superiority of consuming zero gas in stop and go or standstill traffic is too great. My previous car was a 1999 so to me, the Prius is really high tech. I absolutely love that the car displays how much money I've spent in fuel each time I turn it off. My advice to any person considering purchasing a Prius: DO IT, but have your dealership turn off the back up beep before you agree to purchase because paying for that set me back $60."

Amazing reliability and economy

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Amazingly good road car."

Cons: "Could be a little bigger."

"Have driven this vehicle to all 4 borders of our fantastic country multiple times in a very short time since retiring. Never had a hick up in all our travels. Would like a little more interior room though. Also the drivers seat back and my spine are not as happy with each other as I would like."

The car is very good and the milage is great

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Good car for the price"

Cons: "Poor excelleration unless you push it, basic"

"Great car"

I love this car.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Incredible mileage per gallon."

Cons: "Dashboard can really radiate a lot of heat."

"I love the car, but I may have overextended myself financially. It has a really tight turning radius and great ease of handling which I love. It is a little low to the ground, but I'm sure that is part of the aero dynamics of the vehicle. It is comfortable on long trips and you just can't beat the mileage. Because the seats fold down I could sleep in it if I had too. Plenty of space, and easy access."

LOVE WAITING IN TRAFFIC USING ZERO GAS

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "MESMERIZED BY GAUGES"

Cons: "NEED POWER DRIVERS SEAT"

"I ORIGINALLY HELPED A FRIEND BUY A USED 2007 PRIUS AND WAS SHOCKED AT THE HIGH PRICE! BUT I DROVE IT A LOT FOR A FEW WEEKS AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THE DIALS, GADGETS AND GIZMOS THAT SHOW YOU WHAT GOOD GAS MILEAGE YOU ARE GETTING.OF COURSE I CHECKED IT WHEN REFILLING THE TANK. A FEW WEEKS LATER THE 2011S WERE BEING CLOSED OUT AND I GOT A GOOD PRICE ON A NEW ONE. IT IS JUST A GREAT CAR. EVEN IF YOU FUSS ABOUT LACK OF POWER YOU ADJUST YOUR DRIVING A BIT AND COMPENSATE. EVERY TRIP I HAVE TAKEN I HAVE GOTTEN 53 MPG. STRANGELY, IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THEIR GUAGES BUT DIVIDING IT OUT WHEN FILLING THE TANK, I KNOW THE MILEAGE IS CORRECT. THERE ARE EVEN YOU TUBE VIDEOS TO TEACH YOU TO GET EVEN BETTER MILEAGE. IT IS A MODERN MARVEL!"