2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love the car, but we need a AWD version!!

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, comfortable for long travel"

Cons: "doesnt do well in snow"

"I absolutely love my Prius; however, I work at a hospital so in the winter when it snows, I have major issues with driving to work. I would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to get out in snow. This car is AMAZING on gas mileage. I have never had any major issues that weren't backed by the warranty that came with my car. This was my first Toyota vehicle and I have loved it so much that when I purchase an SUV I will make sure it is Toyota brand. I had a Kia Rio before and had nothing but trouble with it so this was a nice change."

Great car. Very reliable. Awesome gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"Great car. Very reliable. Awesome gas mileage (51 mpg). Smart looking car. Rides well."

ECONOMICAL BUT LOUD AND NOT VERY COMFORTABLE

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "TOYOTA RELIABILITY"

Cons: "LOUD, UNCOMFORTABLE, NO POWER, BORING TO DRIVE"

"Pretty good mpg (42 overall) but a lot of road noise, which gets old after a couple of hours. Seats are OK but no comfortable places to rest your elbows, making for an uncomfortable trip taking machine. The power in the Prius is very disappointing. I recent drove a Lincoln MKZ that got 40+ mpg and launched like a rocket. I will probably be selling my Prius and putting the money into a better car that gets comparable mpg but is fun to drive, much quieter, and more comfortable for longer trips. Consider your better options before plopping down hard earned money on a Prius. There are many options these days in the 30+ and 40+ mpg categories which are much more fun to drive and offer excellent safety and reliability. Real mpg for everyday driving in this car is about 40...just so you know that the 50+ claimers are trying very hard to get those numbers, which are not good examples of normal driving styles."

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Very good car but has a few deficiencies: 1. Gas mileage very good, but not as advertised(got 45mpg on highway) 2. Car is noisy at speeds over 60 mph, even with engine turned off. Probably wind or road noise, but more insulation would have helped. 3. The car notices every little bump in the road. 4. The visor cannot be turned down when wearing gloves in the winter. (a small bend in the corner of the visor would have cost nothing and would have worked. 5. No compass (or if it has one, I still haven't found it.)"

ECONOMICAL AND RELIABLE

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "SEE ABOVE"

Cons: "SEE ABOVE"

"LIKES - 1.GREAT GAS MILEAGE AVERAGE HIGH 50'S AROUND TOWN IN NON AC WEATHER. THIS REQUIRES TIMING OF LITES, USING CRUISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, DRIVING 45-50MPH IN SUBURBAN ENVIRONMENT. THIS IS DOABLE ABOUT 8 MONTHS A YEAR PARTS OF SPRING FALL AND ALL OF WINTER IN PHX AZ WITH NO AC 2.GET LOW 50'S IN HEAT OF SUMMER WITH AC 3.ON HIGHWAY TRIPS 55 TO 57 AT 70 MPH FREEWAY DRIVING WITH SOME AC 4.ONLY MAINTENANCE - OIL CHANGE EVERY 10K MILES - LOVE THAT - AND TIRE ROTATION EVERY 5K 5.LIKE HATCHBACK DESIGN VERY FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT - GREAT FOR "STUFF" DISLIKES 1NEEDED TIRES AT 50K THOUGHT THEY WOULD LAST MUCH LONGER 2'FABRIC IS THE WORST/CHEAPEST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED A.GETS DIRTY QUICKLY B. SHOWS WEAR QUICKLY DUE TO THE FREQUENT CLEANING 3.CAR SEEMS SQUIRRLY ON SNOW 4.CAR IS NOISY - DISLIKE THE CVT TRANNY ENGINE ROARS UNDER LOAD - BUT NEEDED FOR GOOD MILEAGE OVERALL A VERY GOOD CAR - RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT"