2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 400 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

Perfect car for me

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, economical, great handling, great amenities"

Cons: "Not one con"

"I cannot find a thing I don't like about this car except for the crunchy tires. I couldn't figure out what that crunchy sound was on turns but the dealership finally traced it to the tires which, because of it's forward weight required tires with stiffer side walls. But that's just the tires. This car has been a dream to drive, handles wonderfully, and has all the amenities I like. After a Tacoma and two 4Runners I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this car. Toyota has really got this car dialed in."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."

40+ MPG no matter what

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "MPG!!! Toyota value and reliability"

Cons: "Changes how you drive"

"I do a newspaper route in this 2010 Prius, on Sunday it is a bit tight but it still does the job. We looked at all the MPG cars and none of them came close to a Prius. We did spend more than we wanted but no other car would have been close to 30 mpg with all the stops we do. I drive 230 miles a day and about 200 stops. I am able to drive about like normal and get 43. On days I am trying to make up time I still get 36 mpg. On those days it costs me about an extra gallon and saves maybe 30 mins or so. We wanted a Prius when we first went to look but did not think we could work it into our budget. One week in the van's gas is more than one car payment and it uses 1/3 the gas. I drove a Honda fit first, and thought I would die before it got up to speed. I almost bought that car thinking it was about as good as I could get. Every thing else after that had more power and better mpg... the fit is just weak. Everyone I talk to about it, warns about its hybrid batterie but if you look online you wont find any thing as they don't fail that often so no one really knows how far they can go. Even the first Prius does not fail to often yet. But funny thing is everyone that warned about it never has drove a Prius and for sure does not own one. The biggest problem with this car is... me, I am putting on a lot of miles so I will soon have the highest mile 2010 Prius. 230 miles a day, 7 days a week and extra if we do any thing else that day. I can't wait to take a road trip in it to see if I can get 50+ mpg. The people before me had every trip over 50 mpg but I have only done the route and my day starts off at 50 but that goes away soon as I start to stop and go a lot. Going from box to box and needing to get back up to 50 mph only to stop and repeat. Even still it does that at 40ish depending on how heavy your foot is."

Great car good milage poor seat comfort

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "great milage, power, dash layout"

Cons: "terrible seats,radio need improvwement"

"This is a great car good milage, good power, nice styling and design inside with great dash layout. Seats need to be improved greatly are hard and very uncomfortable especially for longer drives. Need to stop to get out and stretch cause of hard stiff seats."

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

I disagree with people who hate the interior.

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "MPG, awesome cockpit ergonomics"

Cons: "Could use a little more power on hills."

"I have only had the car for about a month. Like most people I bought it for the mileage (which is great), but it turns out I really like driving it. I think this car easily has the best ergonomic design of any car I've owned. The heads-up display is excellent. The center console seemed odd when I first drove the car, but now I recognize that it makes the navigation, stereo, and climate-control buttons easy to see and reach for the driver. The bluetooth hands-free system and streaming audio are awesome. Great JBL 8-speaker sound system. The seats are very comfortable and the 2011 models have seat height adjustment and a telescoping steering wheel. In my mind this seems to have fixed driver comfort issues that people had with older Prii. My wife doesn't care for the look of the seats or dash. In my opinion, the interior doesn't look "luxurious" but I think it looks modern, durable, and kinda sporty."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"

can't beat the gas mileage

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "the beeping when it is in reverse"

"I love my Prius"

my favorite car ever..50 miles on a gal. gas.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "would like larger but lov the mileage"

"I love the power also. I was surprised."