• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

After 9 months, still a great car

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I reviewed my 2010 Toyota Prius III last July after just purchasing it, and 9 months later, I'm still ready to heave praise on it! This is a car that has a smooth ride, plenty of "get up and go", good handling, and lots of space. My mileage has gone down a small amount due to the colder weather, and the fact that Oregon does use ethanol in the gas which reduces mileage, but I still average higher MPG than the non-hybrid cars out there, ie. Ford Fiesta. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone in the market for a roomy mid-size car in the $20K-$30K range, and after riding in my sisters Camry, I would buy a Prius again over going with a comparable Camry."

excellent value

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I have been driving my 2010 Prius IV for several months now and am very please with its comfort and gas milage. I am getting 53 mpg now in the cold weather and expect to get more when the summer arrives. The car feels substantial, not cheap when driving. the seat is very comfortable with its soft leather and power lumbar support. The Prius is a very good value. My car insurance actually dropped when I switched it from my 2006 Honda Civic. Very happy with the car."

Impressed

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"Did lots of research before purchasing the Prius. Was not really considering a Hybrid. I was not expecting much after I got the vehicle, but can say I'm impressed. Performance is OK, reliability has been very good. Comfort is surprising. I got the model III version with NAV and JBL audio - that is a GREAT audio system. Average about 47MPG driving it like any other car. I can get 50MPG if I watch my driving. MPG results are strongly related to weather. Very cold weather has dropped me to less then 45MPG, but good weather with good driving can net above 50MPG. Only drawback is the quality of the interior materials and rattles. Fabric seems very think and seems to get dirty easy and is not wearing good. Overall - I'm impressed"

Love My Prius

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"65 mpg hwy, 45 city (lots of hills) Love everything about this car but headrests (too far forward, gives me a cramp in the neck), fabric on back of seats (will not wear well over time), and I wish there were slightly better visibility along the frame of the front windshield to the right and left (can get in the way and obscure a car at just the right angle when you're looking to turn at an intersection). Great power as needed, great on gas mileage, love the LED lit from above steering knob when driving at night, and really love learning how to drive it. I enjoy throwing the car into neutral and ghosting along when I've reached a decent speed. I LOVE not having to fumble with my keys outside of having to lock or unlock the door to my house! There's enough room for my 6' 3" husband's head and legs (even in the backseat). I've never loved a car before this one despite years of driving and tons of test drives."

Highly Practical

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Great car to drive. Cheap to own especially after gas gets more expensive. Always achieve over 50mpg's."