• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Average over 50 mpg

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Awesome gas saver"

"This car is amazing how much gas saving you get"

great around town car ...

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "utility, interior size/capacity, cheap to drive"

Cons: "not quiet on long trips"

"For a suburban home owner - you can't do any better. The utility, reliability, low cost of owning/running - hard to beat. A family of 4 or 5 fits - gets 50 mpg @ throw you in jail now speeds -- and it can haul a hot water heater back from the home store. When I bought the car - it was the ONLY hybrid out there that would take a full size wheel chair in the trunk - the one w/ the big wheels, not the transport wheel chairs which can fold into a bag. The only fine whine is that the road noise on poor pavement is obtrusive - rock hard tires and minimal sound insulation make it a poor choice for a 1K miles a day car. Doable - but your hearing will suffer and the aggravation of all is to be considered. I did not get the high trim version - the only reason to do so would be the back up camera and open on touch for both doors and the hatch. But at the added price - I can deal w/ not having them. The Prius has supplanted the Subaru and Volvo as the upscale (aka Yuppie) suburban vehicle in our area. The utility and low cost of driving is contagious. Buy one if you don't have long miles to drive in a single day."

Very disappointed

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

"This is my 3rd Prius and it has proved to be dissapointing. Toyota's attention to detail has slipped. For example in bright sunlight even with polarized sunglasses you cannot see how fast you are going. It is more noisey. I had to replace the tires at 26,000 mi. When I asked the dealer about it they said that Toyota had changed to tires that gave a better ride but that the milage was lower. The rear doors make a tinny sound when closed rather than producing a that nice dull thud I'm used to. I have loved my previous Priuses and am very dissappointed in this one."

Love my Prius

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, ease of driving, peppiness, response"

Cons: "a few interior noises."

"Traded a Dodge Challenger R/T for the Prius. Was surprised at the pep this little car has. Driving 100+ miles each day, the gas efficiency is very appreciated. The car has been averaging 49.2 miles per gallon and the idea of not having to stop at a gas station every other day is very exciting. It is compact and I can pull into just about any parking place with room to spare. I would buy another in a heart beat. Also the cost of car insurance dropped a bundle when the Challenger was sold and the Prius added!"

Great car and love the MPG's

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and has great pickup in the Power mod"

Cons: "Not happy with the rear view, but can live with it"

"This is my second Prius and it is better than the first one. My highest highway mileage was 53 mpg's on a coast road where speed was limited. I get about 44 or so around town. Did a 1300 mile trip at 60 mph + and averaged 48 mpg. I am amazed how much the trunk holds as it looks small. At 82 I don't know how much longer I will be driving so somebody is going to gat great deal someday."