• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 323 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 11 12 13 | Next

52 MPG

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I have put over 2500 miles on my Prius 11 and received over 52 mpg. This is both city and highway driving. We have enjoyed the car, but it took a couple of weeks to get use to the car because it is very different from any other car that I have owned. The car is pretty quite and runs well. The Pris handles very well and really move when you have to pass someone on a two lane highway. Love the radio and all the other options that the car comes with. Toyota could improve the armrests by adding more padding and improve all the dash displays so they are more readable when one is wearing sunglasses. Other that that it has been a great car and plenty of fun to drive."

Good Car

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Car drives good, But don't like the Fin across the back window, It bugs me. I have only gotten 42 - 43 MPG, mostly all town driving. Car is a 2010 Prius 111. I have 3300 mile on it, And the car is 6mos old. Overall the car drives good and is comfortable. I'am ok with the gas mileage but the car is suppose to get 50 mpg."

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

okay

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"car is okay. visibilty is all most non existent in the back.not much of pick up. Icould use more horse power. the dash is little confusing."

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

Best to weather the storm of gas prices

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"I cannot believe this car is so much fun to drive. It is like a video game on wheels."

Can't help but love it.

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"This may well be the most fun car I have ever owned. It is comfortable, consistently gets over 50 mpg, and everyone who rides in it loves it. My wife laughed when I said I wanted one. Now, she wants one of her own. Can't go wrong with this car."

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

Gen III Prius IV

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"Over all we are very pleased with our Prius. The ride and interior are quite comfortable and we average around 52 mpg. One has to remember that this is a hybrid and you drive it a little differently than you would a regular car."

Delighted

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I purchased this as one of the first to be delivered, based upon past model performance - and was not disappointed. Just returned from a 2000 mile "Road Trip" (it now has 4000 miles on it) to really get the feel for this gem. This is the Prius V - with all the toys. The "toys" are wonderful, particularly the laser cruise control (which I have been using on my Lexus for 6 years). This, in combination with Lane Keep Assist, makes long distance driving effortless. Fit and finish is excellent. Instrumentation was extremely clear and informative after getting used to it; lots of interior room (deceptive from outside) - sort of like the Tardis (yes Tardis, NOT Taurus). My mileage for this road trip (without trying) was 55 mpg - and much of the trip was at 65 mph. Nice 17" wheels, stereo blue tooth (which my iPhone really loves), Sirius/XM (really wonderful - you could listen to NPR or CNN from CA to NYC without changing channels), etc. Had a GREAT time. It's very quiet and has more than adequate zoom when wanted. New models (after Oct 1), I understand, will have Toyota's version of OnStar - which would have been nice. What a kick to be waiting in traffic and have ZERO EMISSIONS. It does what it promises with great style. Highest recommendations. If it had higher ground clearance and all-wheel drive, I'd give up my RX in a heartbeat."

Not The Best

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"ok... the Toyota Prius. Deffinatly not a car for me. IT does get 58 MPG which is...ok. It is not comfortable and way too slow. Does not drive well. If i were you, id wait for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt coming out this spring. I was one of the few to test it. it was comfortable,good looking, pretty fast, and gets ove 200 MPG! IT has 0 emissions. Runs on Electric/Gas (only uses gas to charge bettery so you never have to plug it in). you will spend..roughly $10 in gas a year with this beautiful vehicle."

Best value for the money ever

By on Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"I have owned a 2004 Prius since 2003. have 114.000 miles, mostly highway and have loved it. once the kinks were resolved the car has been trouble free. Still have the original brakes and nothing done to the car but regular maint. Would recommend this car to anyone."

By on Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Prius Stands alone

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Have owned 2004,5,6,8,9. Does that tell you anything? 53 MPG. If gas was 20 cents a gallon, would still buy Prius. Has no flaws, save front end turning visibility. Car feels heavier than gen 2. Feels very expensive.Price is right. When you buy a Prius your days of looking at other cars is finished. GET ONE, You wont be sorry!"

Dissapointed

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"We drove the car 4200 miles in eco mode, and averaged 44 mpg. Not what we expected from a car with 48-51 ratings. We drove the speed limit almost all the time. The fit and finish seems to be good, but the materials used seem to be of lesser quality. The outside door panels flex when you close the doors. The plastic wheel covers don't help, either. I am 6'3" tall, and the seats and driving position were reasonably comfortably during 12 plus hours behind the wheel. If you want to get near the rated mpg, I think the car is best suited for driving around town with short trips on the freeway."

So far so good!

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"We purchased the car in early August and so far really like it. The mileage has been great, we love the styling and it is very comfortable. We traded in our 02 Camry and this car has as much if not more room than the Camry. It is our first hybrid car so had to relearn our driving habits. Really like the Smart Key and navigation systems. We have the 17" tires and they magnify the bumps, but the good handling is a trade off that we wanted. Like most newer vehicles you can't see the front of the car from the drivers seat and that takes some adjustment. The leather seats are very comfortable and the height adjustment on the drivers seat is excellent. Really appreciate the under floor storage and the expandable cargo area. Our old Camry seemed to be quieter on the inside, but again it may be the larger tires. The audio system is very good and we really like the continous posting of mileage achieved on the dash. Overall so far we're very pleased with our purchase. We researched all hybrids and decided on the Prius because of the mileage and the futuristic design of the cockpit!"

GIII just as good as GII Prius

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I had four wonderful years with the Prius GII. I like the set up with the Prius GIII. It doesn't feel like an appliance. I like the shift location away from the dashboard. This will be another great vehicle by Toyota."

good car for your money

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"my name is corderro i work at a toyota dealership and i drive a prius i love that car it have lost over room in it i mean it drive like a real car . i get real good millege out of it like i drive alot iam young man so you no all over my friend like it i fuel up 1 a monts."

Insight mileage at Prius pricing

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"We just got back from a 4200 mile trip. The 2010 Prius is a comfortable road car, but if you expect to get the rated mpg, forget it. We drove the speed limit the entire trip. The economy mode was selected, and we averaged 44 mpg. That was more than a little disappointing. I also noticed that when the doors are closed, the outside door panels flex. I hate to use the word cheap, but it fits. The plastic wheel covers don't help, either."

Prius IV

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"It is not a sports car, but is very comfortable, good fit and finish and interesting to drive."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"We live in wv and was unsure about the true gas mileage....boy, were we surprised. We are getting 52.2 mpg. There is a trick to driving but we love it. It is a different way of driving but it doesn't take long to get used to it (maybe 1-2 days) We generally fill up with gas when we are down to 1/4 tank. With gas at 2.69 we fill up for $17.44. The styling is great and my husband has no complaints. My small nitpic is that i wish I could lower the seat on the passenger side like you can on the drivers side. That way i could stretch my legs a little more instead of feeling like i am sitting in a chair. The back seat has tons of room. Our son is 6'2"and has plenty of room in the front and back. Everytime we went to look at other vehicles and we told dealers we were looking at a couple of different cars, every time, and i mean every time, they would say the prius won't get the gas mileage here (because of our terrain) that they advertise. Yeah right!!! They don't know what they are talking about!! If I had the money i would buy one for my entire family. It has great safety features and you are not only helping your pocket book but helping the environment. For us, we don't feel guilty about going anywhere and gas is definitely not an issue. We love it and would highly recommend this vehicle."

Good Car!!!

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"For what this car is it does a great job at it. I got a base package II. I do like it alot i have been averageing 52.2 mpg thats my math at the pump not the car's computers average witch says 55 mpg. there is really nothing to complain about, i hope it doesn't break down, and prove to me that toyota makes quality cars. If your thinking about getting one you might want to over the next ten years oil prices are going to be a big problem. the only reason were not paying 4$ a gallon right not is the poor economy."

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009