• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 323 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

i love this car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "mpg is amazing, fun to drive, easy to handle"

Cons: "dim lights, adapingt to the low profile"

"easy to drive, to park, roomy. we can haul 2 adults and 3 middle school grandkids around comfortably. the mpg is amazing. we average 50-53 mpg"

Great little car

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Fair price... not GREAT, but good... and fair."

Cons: "Some design improvements needed...badly!"

"My second Prius. The first, a 2011 was a better car but this one is great too. A little noisy sometimes and doesn't get as good fuel mileage as the 2011 but is comfortable and economical. It's not worth going back to a 25 or 30 MPG car just for the quiet and a little more room. I could certainly suggest some design changes that would make the car better."

Near Perfect Car

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Very roomy for an economy car."

Cons: "Annoying reverse beeper."

"Nearly perfect. Just a few boneheaded decisions by the designers. Mount the reverse beeper outside. Tilt or shade the navigation screen. Someone must have told the designer it was a solar collector-position it to collect the most sun."

One of the best decisions for a car we made

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, great mileage"

Cons: "not a racing vehicle, interior colors too light"

"this has been a great choice for us, very reliable, great mileage. we will be buying another, if this ever wears out."

This Prius is my second one! It is a fantastic car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

I don't own this car

"This is the Prius 5 fully loaded package, 65787 miles on it new tires, is in fantastic condition, my buyout amount is 17899. I am only selling outright because i need a car that can fit a wheel chair and stroller in it. Other wise I would refi and keep this fully loaded Prius! If this goes back to the dealer they will sell it for at least 22 or 23k."

Great Transportation 50 miles per gallon ,

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

"Still under factory warranty"

One amazing automobile!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, excellent handling, comfortable"

Cons: "a little road noise, a little pricey"

"When I first started looking at a Prius, I asked other Prius drivers in parking lots, and they all said it was one of the best cars they had owned. When I went for a test drive I was worried that it would struggle to make it up hills and mountains with 4 on board, and that it would seem cramped and tinny inside. I discovered that Toyota has done some serious magic - it seems much bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside, and it's almost a pocket rocket. I loaded 4 large adults with full luggage for a week and took it through the Cascade Mountains. There was plenty of room front and back, and it would accelerate easily up long mountain grades to 70+ while getting almost 50mpg. Then I took it on a trip through the Canadian Rockies with 3 on board. I was very late for a dinner appointment, having taken a wrong turn, so started following anyone who passed me on Canada's Route 1. Suddenly I realized I was doing 100 mph behind one guy in the mountains, and the car wasn't tapped out. I have the level 5 version which has 17 inch wheels and low profile tires, and the car feels like it's glued to the road. It's really a little sports car with great mileage. The interior is slick and surprisingly roomy. I'm 6' 1" and have plenty of headroom. So far, no mechanical issues. My only slight complaint is that there is a little more road noise than I would like, but that's compared to my Land Cruiser. This car is amazing."

Perfect car but for no memory drivers seat.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car for one driver, great mileage."

Cons: "No drivers memory seat."

"Would buy another if they had a drivers memory seat, should offer sun roof on the Prius 5 (not to be confused with the Prius V), which is available on the cheaper models,ie. 2,3,4. Passenger seat isn't as comfortable as the drivers. They should at least offer options like the above but they don't. Deal breakers."

a little over rated

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "saves at the pump"

Cons: "high service costs, slow , boring and not to safe"

"well thought this would be a money saver with high prices at the pump but with scheduled service at the dealership almost every other month and at thier over inflated prices. As i sit in the waiting room during my time off talking to other owners all we talk about is the great mpg, but once you add in all the manditory service costs its doesnt add up too well. I drove a ford for years and only changed oil this thing has a ton of little gremlins that are always there. the dealer tries to sell you on its so high tech and bla bla. Its an ok ride but dont feel safe either as there have been a lot a battery fails and you can feel the heat when you drive up a hill or strain the car with a little load. Ill keep it it for a while but will for sure sell it before the short warrenty is up. if the quality was so good why dont they raise it past 3/36 like 90% of the other companies???"

Best car I've ever owned. 50mpg, good take off

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving machine"

Cons: "Can't think of any negatives."

"I have never owned a car as much fun to drive than this Prius. It has all the bells and whistles with satellite radio, solar vent system, navigation, moon roof and Bluetooth. The extra power acceleration is more than adequate and I have no regret giving this car an absolute 10. I enjoy passing gas stations with my 50mpg in all types of driving."