• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I will buy another when ready.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "miles per gallon"

Cons: "original tires wear out at 17,000 miles"

"This is one of the nicest driving cars I have ev owned. Not the biggest but nicely engineered."

My Prius Rocks!

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Relaxing and fun to drive"

Cons: "Backup visibility is poor so get the backup camera"

"I love my Prius and will get another one ASAP! While my Prius can go as fast as any car I tend to drive slower now as I am never in a hurry and which gets me better mileage. Now I let all the other drivers waste their money and get frustrated!"

Will not be buying a Toyota any time soon!!!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"I was excited to own a Prius and going "green." For my surprise, at the end of 4 years the door locking mechanism started acting unpredictable. In two weeks time, both front doors actuators completely stopping work. Nothing else nothing more than $1000 to fix the problem. Due to the unusual nature of the problem in a new car, I contacted Toyota Corporation, whom offered no help to resolve this problem."

Great

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "gas mileage, ease in traffic."

Cons: "can't think of any."

"This is my second Prius and I will probably own another. I owned a 2003 and had an accident that totaled it, and the safety devices worked just like they were designed to do. The gas mileage is great and it handles great in traffic. Easy to park."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "great price, economical, roomy, quiet"

"We've been a Toyota family since 1988 and won't buy anything else. Toyota has the best reputation and their cars really do hold up. The Prius is a great value, has lots of power, roomy interior, and the gas mileage is incredible: we average 40-44 mpg on combined city and highway driving. The hybrid battery is warranted for 8 years or 100,000 miles and they rarely have to be replaced. We are currently considering trading in our 2010 Prius for a 2015 Prius! You can't go wrong with a Toyota product."

Great car. great on gas- low maintenance

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "great price. great value"

Cons: "could use a smoother ride. bumpy"

"great value"

Love the car, but we need a AWD version!!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, comfortable for long travel"

Cons: "doesnt do well in snow"

"I absolutely love my Prius; however, I work at a hospital so in the winter when it snows, I have major issues with driving to work. I would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't have to get out in snow. This car is AMAZING on gas mileage. I have never had any major issues that weren't backed by the warranty that came with my car. This was my first Toyota vehicle and I have loved it so much that when I purchase an SUV I will make sure it is Toyota brand. I had a Kia Rio before and had nothing but trouble with it so this was a nice change."

decent with a couple issues

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"This is first and last Prius. It gets terrific mileage in the non-Winter months (45 mpg plus). It get fair mieage in the Winter (30-35 mpg) due to the engine running a lot to keep the heat warm. Also, have had two issues: one with the hybrid system and one with the engine. The Toyota dealer guesses at the cause and solution - not encouraging. We will be looking at a Honda Civic should these issues persist and for our next vehicle."

Good mileage but terrible blind spots

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "gas price"

Cons: "blind spots and low bottom"

"I am a Toyota loyalist. After 10 years of my Toyota RAV4, I swore I needn't look at anything but Toyotas ever again. Now after 3 years with a Prius, I am revising that vow. The Prius does save money on gas ... not the 50 mpg it claims ... usually more like 41-2. Not bad, but not as advertised. Worst, though, is that the Prius has terrible blind spots. I tell all my friends never to cross left to right in front of a Prius; the driver cannot see you. I can't tell you how many times I have almost hit a pedestrian. Other Prius drivers complain of this too. In addition, compared to the higher RAV4, the Prius scrapes bottom if there's the slightest uphill grade in a driveway. I wish Toyota would make the RAV4 a hybrid."

Hate this car!

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "I like the color and mileage"

Cons: "way too many to list. See the review for details"

"Worst purchase I've ever made in my life. I paid a lot of money for this new car. It is a cheaply constructed car. Seems that Toyota cuts corners in construction to make the car lighter so it gets better mileage. There are so many rattles, buzzes, and shaking noises, all the time, literally. I've stopped taking it to the dealer to try and fix, after taking it in FIVE times to fix one glove compartment area rattle. This car has tremendous road noise. Definitely noisier than the 1997 Honda Accord, which I thought was pretty noisy. I can't stand the hatchback. You have to manually open and close it; no release button. So unless your car is clean all the time, your hands (or gloves) get dirty. I always stored a lot of stuff in the trunk of my previous cars. To hide anything in the Prius hatch area, you have to pull the cover and hook it. The vertical height with the cover on is pretty short. You can’t put a daypack in vertically; has to be laid down. Shopping bags barely fit. The bottom portion of the hatch window gets so dirty so fast. You have to manually wipe it to clean it; gas station wipers don't work. And "drive-through" car washes don't dry it. The windshield wiper on the upper portion of the hatch window only lifts up an inch or so. That makes it rather difficult to clean the outer portion of the window. The bar in middle of the hatch window obstructs the view. I actually feel unsafe driving sometimes, if the window is a bit dirty—and it doesn’t take much for it to get dirty enough to affect seeing out of it. You cannot adjust the rearview mirror for night driving. Supposedly it “auto” adjusts. Well, if your eyes are light sensitive as mine are, forget it. So I have bright headlights in my rearview mirror all the time. Want to listen to your fancy schmancy radio? Just try it! The dealer told me it’s a well-known issue for the Prius that the radio reception fades in and out a lot, and there is no fix for it. I live in a large metro area and it happens all the time. My Honda never had a problem with radio reception. I bought the very expensive extra package so I could have a sunroof. Mistake! The sunroof, when open at any distance, is so noisy! I’ve had sun roofs in all my cars and this is the noisiest. I rarely use it. I have never used the extra HD stuff that comes with the package. So, a total throwaway. Front window all fogged up? Well, wait 5 minutes for it to clear up enough to drive safely, with the defrost blasting at full speed. Literally, I have sat multiple times in a bus park and ride lot, at 11pm for 5 minutes before I could see enough to drive. The windows fog up way more easily than any other car I’ve driven. No idea why. Very frustrating. I typically drive with the rear defrost on, because otherwise the rear window tends to fog up. I’m the only person in the car. Shouldn’t fog up like that, especially when it’s not raining or humid. And why does Toyota think that I want the front defrost to always go on full blast??? If I don’t want that, I have to be ready to push the down arrow on the air volume to stop it at the level I want. I generally don’t need the defrost at full blast (except as noted above). The front end is so low to the ground, it doesn’t clear a lot of parking lot space curb dividers. I’ve given up trying to not scratch it."