• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 372 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best mileage vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Excellent mileage, stylish, spacious interior"

Cons: "Squeaks and rattles, esp cold weather, dash buzzes"

"Large enough to carry lots of cargo, 5 adults easily, very good mileage, excellent feedback via gauges to help and inform, standard stereo very good, dash lights could be brighter, but are adequate. Comfy seats, driver's seat has adjustable height. Installed a block heater - would like to see them come standard for northern states (USA). Overall, very pleased with the car. 52.7 mpg average to date."

Noisy

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Can get 50+ mpg on a good day."

Cons: "Loud tire bounce, MPG is lower in the winter"

"Too much road noise from tire bounce. MPG is lower in the winer (40 to 45 MPG). I love technology and this car connects to my cell phone and streams music from my iPod via Bluetooth or USB. The Prius 2 doesn't include a GPS but it has a touch screen radio. With the USB connection that song title and album cover is displayed on the touch screen. The instrument panel displays an icon of the car and shows the flow of electrical current as you drive. The 2012 Prius 2 doesn't include a backup camera but I was able to install an aftermarket camera. The wiring harness was under the headliner and the camera cable was a short distance from the rear hatch. The camera cost me $20 and probably would cost Toyota less than $5, why didn't they just include the camera? On a 300 mile trip from Chicago to Dayton Ohio, it got 53 MPG."

Prius is everything they say it is

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "mileage (of course), NAV system, braking, handling"

Cons: "seats, rear view"

"Great car. Own it for 2 years and 30000 miles. Mileage is consistently at 50 mpg and often exceeds that number on long trips. Car actually teaches you how to drive economically. The car is reliable and fun to drive. We bought the 2010 with Nav and the moon roof. Love it! Car is not perfect. Front seats are a bit soft at the edges and the rear view in the hatchback (unlike the new Prius V) is not the best. Low profile often produces scratches when parking along curbs. But these are small potatoes compared to the advantages. Handling is great. Fairly quiet ride. Braking exceptional. Hates the service bay! Buy one."

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "MPG, comfortable, spacious"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I have the 2010 prius-3 with the moon roof. I have been getting 45mpg on hills! This car has a good amount of space, it's comfortable, reliable, and great to drive. The power button is great for getting onto the freeway and going up hills-just go back to eco once you're on flat road."

Great car if you don't need sports car performance

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "fuel efficiency, spacious, comfortable"

Cons: "hubcaps, GPS, audible back-up alarm"

"My fuel economy (47 mpg) has been a little less than rated (50 mpg), but it is still very, very good. I knew it would not drive like a sports car so I'm not complaining about the performance. It is comfortable and surprisingly spacious. There are a few annoying things though. Should a $27K car have hubcaps?! I don't think so. The GPS system is vastly inferior to the portable Garmin system I was using before. No speed-compensating feature on the sound system. The audible back-up alarm when in reverse makes me think I am driving a 2.5 ton truck. Overall this is a very nice car if you don't need sports car performance. I can't believe how little I am spending on gas these days. I'm saving at least $75 a month on gas alone. Consider that if you are comparing monthly payments."

Mission Accomplished

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Reason: Traded in for another Prius

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy, great all around sedan"

Cons: "Not fun to drive"

"From any rationale perspective, the Prius is hard to beat. I got excellent gas mileage, the interior is as large as Camry, seats were comfortable, ride was compliant and it was completely trouble-free. Is it a vehicle that is fun to drive? Not really. But I am not sure if there is a better vehicle on the road today for the money."

The best car by far.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Truly awesome."

Cons: "No cons"

"I just purchased my new Prius 3. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is a pure hybrid that was designed from top to bottom and front to back. It is truly what cars should be. Thank you Toyota."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "iPod connection location"

"I adore my Prius... there is only one hitch which has been fixed in later models. My iPod connection is in a weird place - the compartment between the two front seats. Other than that - this car is so COOL... it's too cool for school! I love it!"

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

much better than I expected

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, gas mileage, conveniences"

Cons: "low to the road, so I plow snow when it drifts"

"I leased my Prius with 20K miles a year because I wasnt certain if I'd like it. It's very comfortable on long trips and has a smooth ride and is very quiet. I've been pleasantly surprised!!!"