2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

The best car by far.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Truly awesome."

Cons: "No cons"

"I just purchased my new Prius 3. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is a pure hybrid that was designed from top to bottom and front to back. It is truly what cars should be. Thank you Toyota."

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

much better than I expected

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, gas mileage, conveniences"

Cons: "low to the road, so I plow snow when it drifts"

"I leased my Prius with 20K miles a year because I wasnt certain if I'd like it. It's very comfortable on long trips and has a smooth ride and is very quiet. I've been pleasantly surprised!!!"

The Prius is a fantastic value

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super quiet, very reliable."

Cons: "Not the largest car out there for hauling supplies"

"With gas going up constantly, the Prius is a great car for gas mileage and comfort. While not a large car, the Prius rides well, is super quiet and we are still paying less than $100/month in gas. We've only had minor repair issues (lights, sensor) which were covered under warranty. We love it."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "mileage, comfort, room, visibility"

Cons: "front storage and cup holder placement"

"I LOVE my Prius! It is very responsive in driving, and turns on a dime. Can adjust seat to sit up higher, so you can see when next to, or in back of, smaller SUV's, which I like. Couldn't do that in my old corolla. Fits into parking spaces easily, but seems very roomy inside. I like the hatchback design because it is easy to get groceries in/out. Gas mileage can't be beat, as I trimmed my gas usage in half from my corolla! Spend about $65-$70 per month, while I was topping $130 in the corolla. While it doesn't have a lot of zoom, it has enough to get into traffic, and if you do like to push the gas pedal to the metal, you will pay for it in lower mileage, which you can see at a glance how much you are using. Helps keep my foot lighter on the pedal!"

Best car I ever had.

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great mpg and spae as a full size car."

Cons: "Terrible GPS; insufficient fr seat storage."

"Insufficient front seat storage compartments. "Big Brother"devices on navigation and bluetooth. Even the front passenger has no access to phone funcions and GPS destinations, POI, etc. Power outlets are shut down when engine is shut down.. The CD provided for the GPS is at least 5 years old and out of date on roads and POI's. They updated this one year after I purchased the car the cost is higher than a new Garmin. Routing is frequently not always the best."

Smart Investment

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"After much research and deliberation, and encouraged by Toyota's incentives, we've decided to invest into a new Prius. We got it in August 2010. We got the base (II) model, and its equipment is perfectly adequate and cool. Shuttling kids around translates to an average daily commute of 65 or so miles for us. Since purchase, average fuel economy has been 51 MPG. On cold days, it's lower. On warm days, 57 MPG easily. One does not purchase a hybrid to save money, as similarly equipped Corolla or Mazda 3 would be thousands less. However, savings in gas are most welcome. Performance is adequate, and actually quite good in the POWER mode. It is very entertaining to drive it in EV mode, and still manage to keep up with urban traffic. ECO mode is annoying, as throttle response is non-perceptible and somwhat unpredictable. The only negative comments are poor FM reception and interior rattles. Toyota service "tightened up the antenna" and replaced a cup holder; neither of these actions really helped much. Overall, we are delighted with the Prius, particularly the gas mileage."

decent with a couple issues

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"This is first and last Prius. It gets terrific mileage in the non-Winter months (45 mpg plus). It get fair mieage in the Winter (30-35 mpg) due to the engine running a lot to keep the heat warm. Also, have had two issues: one with the hybrid system and one with the engine. The Toyota dealer guesses at the cause and solution - not encouraging. We will be looking at a Honda Civic should these issues persist and for our next vehicle."

This Prius is my second one! It is a fantastic car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

I don't own this car

"This is the Prius 5 fully loaded package, 65787 miles on it new tires, is in fantastic condition, my buyout amount is 17899. I am only selling outright because i need a car that can fit a wheel chair and stroller in it. Other wise I would refi and keep this fully loaded Prius! If this goes back to the dealer they will sell it for at least 22 or 23k."

Perfect car for me

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, economical, great handling, great amenities"

Cons: "Not one con"

"I cannot find a thing I don't like about this car except for the crunchy tires. I couldn't figure out what that crunchy sound was on turns but the dealership finally traced it to the tires which, because of it's forward weight required tires with stiffer side walls. But that's just the tires. This car has been a dream to drive, handles wonderfully, and has all the amenities I like. After a Tacoma and two 4Runners I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this car. Toyota has really got this car dialed in."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."

I love this car

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive without having to stop for gas."

Cons: "No bottle holder"

"2011 Prius four with plus package with all the extras .This replaced a B M W 540 and it was the Best move I ever made. With all the upgrades it handles great and the mileage is 52 miles per Gallon ."

Great Gas Mileage

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and great MPG"

Cons: "Not comfortable for tall drivers"

"I am tall, so not very comfortable...that said, it runs like a top getting over 50mpg"

Like the improvements over last generation

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive plus gas mileage"

Cons: "steering wheel and backup camera option too high"

"This generation Prius has improved handling, performance, and gas mileage. It holds in a corner, accelerates quicker more, than enough to keep up with freeway traffic and still gets 45 per gallon .... fun spirited driving around town will gets me 40 ... so still acceptable trade-off. Don't like the steering wheel...I miss the old little round one."

Great car - Will likely get another.

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good fuel economy, navigation system"

Cons: "Cannot fit my entire family in it!"

"I drive a lot of freeway miles and over the past 22,000 miles I have averaged 44.6 mpg. My best tank of gas was 58.3 mpg (drove slow on freeway, 61 mph just to see how much mpg I could get). I would recommend this car to anyone. GET THE BLUETOOTH and solar panel package. SOLAR package keeps car cool in hot California sun (the feature keeps inside of car the same as outside). Navigation system is good and very helpful in areas I don't know."

1st brand new car!

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"THis is my very 1st Brand new car. I am a mother and work part time at night. So i understnad the value of the cost for this vehicle. I only got the car a cple days ago and I am very excited and happy for this car. I have a Prius II and although it does not come with all the bells and whistles like the others I am very happy with the car. I have read of the following reviews and I understnad the frustration with some of the lower ranking owners. I however understand that every machine new or old loses its muster after a little bit of time. You will not have the pickup and go like regular 100% gas vehicles because you have to trian yourself to drive an electric/gas vehicle. Yes it feels like it stutters at first but thats the engine switchin from one source of energy to another. It does not feel cheap to me or my husband. It doesn't have lockin compartments in the car but you really shouldn't leave values of that nature in there to be ungaurded anyhow. I love the dash and the options of lighting and the control. I love driving the car! The rear window is a little confusin but you're not driving backwards majority of the time. It just takes a few days. I'm already used to it. Keep and open mind when it comes to this vehicle. Unless you're tryin to help the environment this car may not be right for you. THe cost you spend for the car may or may not overide the cost in gas you will spend. It all depends on the type of driver you are. I got it to be GREEN! I want to try to help the environment. I highly recomend this car to my family and frinds as we speak. I already have 2 co-workers talkin to my sales rep to figure out if this would be the right desicion for them as well. Take it for a test drive. Crunch some numbers Make the best choice for you and your family... Best Wishes..."

I have owned three, a 1999, 2004 & 2010

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable and low maint."

Cons: "Hard for a larger person to ride in it comfortablE"

"I have owned three generation of prius and I have been very pleased with reliability and resale value, I'm getting ready to buy a 2015, maybe, this 2010 was fully load with solar and roof,but it has not retained the value of the additional cost, so maybe. The 1999 I had 142,000 on, 2004 I had 152,000 this one is a 2010 with 70,800 I will say that I don't believe the solar roof was worth all the extra exp, I do like the sunroof all though it is small."

She has won me over!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling on our mountain roads"

Cons: "lane keeping is poor"

"Great car with real value and a money saver. Fun to drive and bettered my expectations. Last 8 cars were Acura's and I am very happy with the Prius."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"

my favorite car ever..50 miles on a gal. gas.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "would like larger but lov the mileage"

"I love the power also. I was surprised."

40+ MPG no matter what

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "MPG!!! Toyota value and reliability"

Cons: "Changes how you drive"

"I do a newspaper route in this 2010 Prius, on Sunday it is a bit tight but it still does the job. We looked at all the MPG cars and none of them came close to a Prius. We did spend more than we wanted but no other car would have been close to 30 mpg with all the stops we do. I drive 230 miles a day and about 200 stops. I am able to drive about like normal and get 43. On days I am trying to make up time I still get 36 mpg. On those days it costs me about an extra gallon and saves maybe 30 mins or so. We wanted a Prius when we first went to look but did not think we could work it into our budget. One week in the van's gas is more than one car payment and it uses 1/3 the gas. I drove a Honda fit first, and thought I would die before it got up to speed. I almost bought that car thinking it was about as good as I could get. Every thing else after that had more power and better mpg... the fit is just weak. Everyone I talk to about it, warns about its hybrid batterie but if you look online you wont find any thing as they don't fail that often so no one really knows how far they can go. Even the first Prius does not fail to often yet. But funny thing is everyone that warned about it never has drove a Prius and for sure does not own one. The biggest problem with this car is... me, I am putting on a lot of miles so I will soon have the highest mile 2010 Prius. 230 miles a day, 7 days a week and extra if we do any thing else that day. I can't wait to take a road trip in it to see if I can get 50+ mpg. The people before me had every trip over 50 mpg but I have only done the route and my day starts off at 50 but that goes away soon as I start to stop and go a lot. Going from box to box and needing to get back up to 50 mph only to stop and repeat. Even still it does that at 40ish depending on how heavy your foot is."

Got MPG? I sure do! 55 MPG!!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, great MPG"

Cons: "Need AWD version"

"I bought my 2011 Toyota Prius and I simply LOVE it. I am getting up to 55 MPG. It is a trooper in the snow, and it is extremely reliable. I love how much room it has for a car and that there are no blind spots and you don't feel closed in at all. I know my next car will be another Prius or at last something with Toyota's Hybrid technology. I have also thought of getting the plug in. I have NO complaints about this car. I would recommend it to anyone... This is my third Toyota and I will be buying many more in the future!! Keep up the great work Toyota!"

Great car, amazing mileage

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, tight turning radius, creature comforts"

Cons: "none of which I can think at this time."

"I knew the Prius was highly rated for good gas mileage. But we recently just did a lot of in-town driving and this car averaged about 75MPG. We've only had this vehicle for a few months, but she I have become the best of friends. Now I definitely know why dealers can't keep this car in stock."

love this car.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "reliable, handles well dun to drive"

"I bought this to replace a 2005 Prius I gave to my son. This was so much better on snow, a pleasure to drive, and even better mileage."

Great car, great value, awesome MPG

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "fuel efficiency, int design, quality, reliability"

"I bought this car strictly for the gas mileage, but have been very impressed with the quality and practicality. The car has plenty of room for my family of 4. The back seats fold down effortlessly to give you a huge rear storage area ( major concern of mine moving from an SUV). I dont really have any complaints. I'm not in love with the body design, but the 2010 models look a heck of a lot better than the 2002-09 models. Im averaging between 55 and 60MPG around town. Hard to complain about that!"