• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 344 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

"I have had the 2010 prius for one year and a half and I love it! If you drive like a grandma, you can get 56-58 MPG easy. It is really silent and well equipped. I highly recommend it"

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"I really love my prius. It's great to be able to get gas once every two weeks and that's with driving quite a bit. I find the seats comfortable, but my husband who is 6'1 finds it a little less comfortable. It's nice not to have to worry about locking your keys in the car. I find it very roomy, it's deceiving from the outside. There's just one negative that I can say about the Prius and that is, I find it hard to see out the back window. You can get the backup camera, which I now wish I had. I will get this the next time I get another Prius, which I intend to do in a few years."

Nice car

By on Monday, April 04, 2011

"The Prius II hatchback is one of the nicest cars I've ever owned. When taking into consideration the fuel economy, this vehicle is on the forefront of technology that matters."

2011 Prius

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"After purchasing this vehicle, I would have to say the first thing which amazed me was the Gas Pump, or the lack of have to fuel up daily with my communte to work. Amazing, I am totally happy with this Prius."

Saves gas but hurts your...back.

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"I enjoyed my Prius while I had it...sort of. The best thing about it was the 57MPG I got during warm weather. The lowest I did was 44MPG during winter on the highway, but I have a lead food and liked keeping the car in "power mode" so you could do better if you stick with the speed limit. This car was a nice gas sipper, but the materials Toyota used were cheap feeling and not very durable. The cloth seats wrinkled, the hard plastics scratched extremely easily. I was always so scared I would mess up my dashboard with just a touch of a fingernail. The worst things about the car were the awful seats. They had little support in the back, and an old back injury I had actually started acting up and came back...I had to go back to physical therapy. The seats are in a leaned-forward position, and I could never rest my head back and be totally comfortable in my neck and back. I loved the gas savings, but other than the storage area and the nice radio and bluetooth connectivity, the car wasn't worth sacrificing my physical comfort and back for. I gave up the Pri a little over a week ago and got into a cheaper, much more comfortable albeit smaller vehicle. I am now in that car, a 2009 Honda Civic LX, and I just love it. It's smooth and peppy and gets great gas mileage for a compact car. My 36mpg is not comparable to the 51mpg with the old Prius, but oddly enough I fill up once every 7-8 days, which is what I was doing in the Prius...though I think that has to do with the fact that my tank is bigger in the Civic and I do mostly highway driving. I could probably do more stop and go traffic in the Prius. Anyway, I'm getting off point. I recommend the Prius if you want to save gas $ and like cargo capacity and don't mind being a little uncomfortable, but the car will beat you up on long road trips...I took a 1300+ mile trip in it, and it was rough after a few hours. If Toyota had invested a little more in materials and comfort, I might have kept mine, but I feel the vehicle I have now will serve me better in the long run."