• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

She has won me over!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling on our mountain roads"

Cons: "lane keeping is poor"

"Great car with real value and a money saver. Fun to drive and bettered my expectations. Last 8 cars were Acura's and I am very happy with the Prius."

Love my Prius!!!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great value. Toyotas have an excellent reputation"

Cons: "I cannot think of anything bad to say about this c"

"The best gas mileage is 61 mpg on the highway. This car is a gem. Easy to drive and very cool. In fact, as soon as I get this car paid off, I am selling it to buy another new Prius!!!"

my favorite car ever..50 miles on a gal. gas.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "would like larger but lov the mileage"

"I love the power also. I was surprised."

40+ MPG no matter what

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "MPG!!! Toyota value and reliability"

Cons: "Changes how you drive"

"I do a newspaper route in this 2010 Prius, on Sunday it is a bit tight but it still does the job. We looked at all the MPG cars and none of them came close to a Prius. We did spend more than we wanted but no other car would have been close to 30 mpg with all the stops we do. I drive 230 miles a day and about 200 stops. I am able to drive about like normal and get 43. On days I am trying to make up time I still get 36 mpg. On those days it costs me about an extra gallon and saves maybe 30 mins or so. We wanted a Prius when we first went to look but did not think we could work it into our budget. One week in the van's gas is more than one car payment and it uses 1/3 the gas. I drove a Honda fit first, and thought I would die before it got up to speed. I almost bought that car thinking it was about as good as I could get. Every thing else after that had more power and better mpg... the fit is just weak. Everyone I talk to about it, warns about its hybrid batterie but if you look online you wont find any thing as they don't fail that often so no one really knows how far they can go. Even the first Prius does not fail to often yet. But funny thing is everyone that warned about it never has drove a Prius and for sure does not own one. The biggest problem with this car is... me, I am putting on a lot of miles so I will soon have the highest mile 2010 Prius. 230 miles a day, 7 days a week and extra if we do any thing else that day. I can't wait to take a road trip in it to see if I can get 50+ mpg. The people before me had every trip over 50 mpg but I have only done the route and my day starts off at 50 but that goes away soon as I start to stop and go a lot. Going from box to box and needing to get back up to 50 mph only to stop and repeat. Even still it does that at 40ish depending on how heavy your foot is."

Got MPG? I sure do! 55 MPG!!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, great MPG"

Cons: "Need AWD version"

"I bought my 2011 Toyota Prius and I simply LOVE it. I am getting up to 55 MPG. It is a trooper in the snow, and it is extremely reliable. I love how much room it has for a car and that there are no blind spots and you don't feel closed in at all. I know my next car will be another Prius or at last something with Toyota's Hybrid technology. I have also thought of getting the plug in. I have NO complaints about this car. I would recommend it to anyone... This is my third Toyota and I will be buying many more in the future!! Keep up the great work Toyota!"

Great car, amazing mileage

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, tight turning radius, creature comforts"

Cons: "none of which I can think at this time."

"I knew the Prius was highly rated for good gas mileage. But we recently just did a lot of in-town driving and this car averaged about 75MPG. We've only had this vehicle for a few months, but she I have become the best of friends. Now I definitely know why dealers can't keep this car in stock."

love this car.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "reliable, handles well dun to drive"

"I bought this to replace a 2005 Prius I gave to my son. This was so much better on snow, a pleasure to drive, and even better mileage."

Great car, great value, awesome MPG

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "fuel efficiency, int design, quality, reliability"

"I bought this car strictly for the gas mileage, but have been very impressed with the quality and practicality. The car has plenty of room for my family of 4. The back seats fold down effortlessly to give you a huge rear storage area ( major concern of mine moving from an SUV). I dont really have any complaints. I'm not in love with the body design, but the 2010 models look a heck of a lot better than the 2002-09 models. Im averaging between 55 and 60MPG around town. Hard to complain about that!"

Great car good milage poor seat comfort

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "great milage, power, dash layout"

Cons: "terrible seats,radio need improvwement"

"This is a great car good milage, good power, nice styling and design inside with great dash layout. Seats need to be improved greatly are hard and very uncomfortable especially for longer drives. Need to stop to get out and stretch cause of hard stiff seats."

The best car I'll ever own

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Slow to heat up in the winter time"

"I love to drive my Prius. The new design is spacious and sleek. If you're looking for a fuel efficient car, then look no further."

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"I love this car!! I get good mileage (54 ) by actually having to pay attention to how I drive instead of just point and aim driving"

Great vaule for the features included.

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Excellent Mileage, Good Value"

Cons: "Comfortable but slight small interior space."

"Excellent mileage was the reason for the purchase. I traded a 2001 Odyssey for the Prius. I miss the passenger and cargo space of the Odyssey. However, the Prius is comfortable and I love the modern features this car, especially the satellite radio and the navigation system. Well worth the price. I do a lot of commuting between two cities about 130 miles apart. The fuel economy has been a blessing. No complaints about this vehicle at all. Well worth the price, especially considering the savings in fuel costs."

I disagree with people who hate the interior.

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "MPG, awesome cockpit ergonomics"

Cons: "Could use a little more power on hills."

"I have only had the car for about a month. Like most people I bought it for the mileage (which is great), but it turns out I really like driving it. I think this car easily has the best ergonomic design of any car I've owned. The heads-up display is excellent. The center console seemed odd when I first drove the car, but now I recognize that it makes the navigation, stereo, and climate-control buttons easy to see and reach for the driver. The bluetooth hands-free system and streaming audio are awesome. Great JBL 8-speaker sound system. The seats are very comfortable and the 2011 models have seat height adjustment and a telescoping steering wheel. In my mind this seems to have fixed driver comfort issues that people had with older Prii. My wife doesn't care for the look of the seats or dash. In my opinion, the interior doesn't look "luxurious" but I think it looks modern, durable, and kinda sporty."

Love it! Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cons: "Sound system isn't great"

"Never had a problem. Have maintained regularly. Extremely roomy for a small car. Decent mileage (48 mpg in summer, 40 mpg in winter), though not as much as advertised. Pretty good in the snow - even without snow tires."

Great Car overall

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I used to own a 2003 Prius. When I traded that in after several years I thought I wanted something bigger. I always missed the car from that day forward. When the 2010's arrived I had to check them out. What an improvement, and the features are outstanding. I opted for the Prius V and the technology package is fantastic. I love the backup camera, and the Bluetooth and Navigation. The car performs much better than the 2003 and with increased fuel economy. I average 45 in Winter and 55 in Summer. It's been great, and as others have stated a few little annoyances with a couple rattles, it's great. The rattles are really small and due to the revised interior materials I think. The performance in Power Mode is outstanding. Much better than my Honda Civic Hybrid by far. I am anxious to learn more about the plugin's when they become available. In almost 2 years not one thing has gone wrong with this car and service is a breeze. Keep up the good work Toyota!"

Have been in love with this car!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Radar Cruse Control, Auto Parking, Toyota quality"

Cons: "Seems to always be in the way of other traffic."

"Just the fact alone I don't have to go to the gas station all the time is great! Actually I love my Toyota. Although I was in my late forties, I bought the car, Prius! Boy am I glad I did. Have only had one instance of complete failure. Friday bight I unloaded the trunk, backed into the garage. When I went to the car Monday morning, IT WAS DEAD .... The Hybrid battery was fine. Fully charged. There is a small 12volt Battery in the trunk to start the computer. What did I do, Backed in garage Friday night. No power to even open trunk, as it is also electric. Could not pull car out , as garage is at a 90 degrees from driveway. Called Toyota Care, they were able to get me up in running in no time."

The Prius is a great value, bigger than you think

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "actually fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise, small footprint.big cars will push you"

"If you are looking for an efficient ride, Prius will deliver. Upgrade it and you have all the features of the luxury cars except road noise. the leather is not as fancy, etc. etc. Nav, Sat radio, remote a/c, rooftop solar and more. the mileage is the real key.....the 2011 was rated at 51mpg.......my first tank was 53.7.........if you really pooch it you can do much better (except the honking horns behind you as you coast along) I would buy another in a minute."

can't beat the gas mileage

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "the beeping when it is in reverse"

"I love my Prius"

Unbelievable reliability!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Toyota quality can't be beat. Never had anything but routine maintenance in over three years of ownership. Not even one minor problem."

love my prius

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

"I love my prius,over 75000 miles on my 2010,still the first brakes,no problems what so ever. I do wish on hwy driving little less noise.I bought blizzaks for winter driving,better than studs, less noise,great handling. Never pictured my self in a prius,glade i did !"

Love my plug in

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "around 600 miles plus per tank"

Cons: "NONE"

"Wow what a ride my plug in prius is. Handles better than the 2004 that my son still drives with over 260,000 miles and the 2010 that I traded in to get the plug in. It is just getting broken in and I am already averaging close to 75 MPG My ride is 104 miles round trip everyday so I charge at night and again at work. I am averging 17 miles per charge and that is at 68 to 71 MPH. Love this car so glad that I got it."

It's a fun GAME CHANGER from a driving standpoint.

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Less money spent on gas less carbon output Fun"

Cons: "Rear visibility. Reflected light from interior"

"With the Performance Plus package, my Prius 2 corners like a snake without the body pitching back and forth after a turn. To save gas, the "Game" now is retain more speed (kinetic energy) on corners when safe (where children, pedestrians, bikers, etc. are not around) and surface conditions safely permit. The stiffer springs and short side wall tires do create a firmer ride but I like it. The steering is very good. They should have blacked out the dash and front side window area better but I can fix that. I removed the rear w/s wiper to improve visibility. The rear horizontal curtain should be in black as well to reduce reflected light but I can cover that too. With only 500 miles on it, I love it."

its a cream puff, best milage per gallon ever

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "made me be a safer driver"

"previously owned a 1992 caddy got 12-15 mpg filled up every 10 days, now i get 48=50 mpg who needs to say anything else"

Superb but second to my Avalon which is quieter

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Great price, excellent bluetooth, clever braking!"

Cons: "A little more road noise than I like"

"Completely sold on this Prius! If it was as quiet as my Avalon, it would take first place EVER! But that's not enough of a concern to reduce my heartfelt congratulations to Toyota for developing such an excellent vehicle!"

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

"46.5 mpg avg since i have had it. no issues and very comfortable"