• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next

Impressed

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"Did lots of research before purchasing the Prius. Was not really considering a Hybrid. I was not expecting much after I got the vehicle, but can say I'm impressed. Performance is OK, reliability has been very good. Comfort is surprising. I got the model III version with NAV and JBL audio - that is a GREAT audio system. Average about 47MPG driving it like any other car. I can get 50MPG if I watch my driving. MPG results are strongly related to weather. Very cold weather has dropped me to less then 45MPG, but good weather with good driving can net above 50MPG. Only drawback is the quality of the interior materials and rattles. Fabric seems very think and seems to get dirty easy and is not wearing good. Overall - I'm impressed"

Love My Prius

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"65 mpg hwy, 45 city (lots of hills) Love everything about this car but headrests (too far forward, gives me a cramp in the neck), fabric on back of seats (will not wear well over time), and I wish there were slightly better visibility along the frame of the front windshield to the right and left (can get in the way and obscure a car at just the right angle when you're looking to turn at an intersection). Great power as needed, great on gas mileage, love the LED lit from above steering knob when driving at night, and really love learning how to drive it. I enjoy throwing the car into neutral and ghosting along when I've reached a decent speed. I LOVE not having to fumble with my keys outside of having to lock or unlock the door to my house! There's enough room for my 6' 3" husband's head and legs (even in the backseat). I've never loved a car before this one despite years of driving and tons of test drives."

Highly Practical

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Great car to drive. Cheap to own especially after gas gets more expensive. Always achieve over 50mpg's."

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"We've owned the car for seven months and we are very pleased with the performance of the car. We especially like all of the gas stations we can pass. The Blue Tooth and navigation system are also a plus."

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Smart Investment

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"After much research and deliberation, and encouraged by Toyota's incentives, we've decided to invest into a new Prius. We got it in August 2010. We got the base (II) model, and its equipment is perfectly adequate and cool. Shuttling kids around translates to an average daily commute of 65 or so miles for us. Since purchase, average fuel economy has been 51 MPG. On cold days, it's lower. On warm days, 57 MPG easily. One does not purchase a hybrid to save money, as similarly equipped Corolla or Mazda 3 would be thousands less. However, savings in gas are most welcome. Performance is adequate, and actually quite good in the POWER mode. It is very entertaining to drive it in EV mode, and still manage to keep up with urban traffic. ECO mode is annoying, as throttle response is non-perceptible and somwhat unpredictable. The only negative comments are poor FM reception and interior rattles. Toyota service "tightened up the antenna" and replaced a cup holder; neither of these actions really helped much. Overall, we are delighted with the Prius, particularly the gas mileage."

cheep seats

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"im looking into buying one and i think the seat material is very cheep. come on toyota you can get better material."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"I did a lot of research on many different cars before i settled on the Prius III and I'm glad I got the Prius. I dont' agree with most of the negative points some make about this car. This is a hybrid. It is designed to get great milage and save you tons of money on gas. My Prius runs well, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable. I love the Nav system and the audio system with the JBL speakers. Yes, you have to get used to driving any Hybrid. But once you get the hang of it, it is great. The keyless entry is a blast. And, the car has lots of room up front, in the back seat, and in the cargo area.I'm 6'1 and 250lbs and I have lots of room in the cockpit. I too am new to the Prius but I am getting the 50mpg that the car is supposed to deliver. I am very happy with my choice. And, I get 3 years of free oil changes, and it's synthetic oil to boot!"

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Very nice car. Great milage. I did have a problem with the braking system not being programed correctly at the factory. This took some time to get corrected by the dealer. The tires that came on the car (Yokahama ?) were not good. Almost no traction.... I switched them to Continental Eco Plus and it now stops fine in wet weather and give a better ride. New tires might have knocked back the MPG but I will have a better idea when it warms up. 55 + MPG in warm weather. 45 MPG in cold weather."

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"bought it--liked it--got my wife another one."

Better than Expected Fuel Economy

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"Nice driving, great fuel economy (better than rated) hybrid that handles great with every day driving. The only negative is the 2010 seems to have some squeaks and rattles, but other than that I would recommend it to everyone!"

Best vehicle EVER!

By on Sunday, February 06, 2011

"My 2nd Prius and I love it. I will NEVER own anything but a Toyota Prius."

By on Friday, February 04, 2011

"Found car 1,200 miles away at the end of model year. great deal! Got 41 mpg at over 80 mph. Over 50 mpg in town. Great car. Stylish and not "dog slow"."

fun to drive

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"The 2010 prius is fun to drive. The standard blue tooth phone connection is great and it makes drivind safer while talking on the phone. it has ample power. nice interior layout. plenty of room."

Love It!

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I am not in the tree hugger grouping . Now with that said, I fell in love with this deceivingly little big car. Sooooo easy to get into. I have had mine eighteen months and will be trading when the 2012's come out. Have not had any problems of any kind. I live in a midwest northern state and the handling with snow has been a dream. When I ordered the car, I could hardly wait for it's arrival. Now I find myself waiting to drive it everyday even thou I have two other vehicles. What a winner!"

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Great mileage; I've never had less than 40 and probably avg. 40-43 with combined city/hwy driving. Now the downside. The Prius is cramped - I should have considered the Camry hybrid for comfort. Secondly, I think the interior materials are pretty cheap; in both texture and feel. Finally, this car is a dog when used in either normal or echo mode. Mind you that's how you get the great mileage, however for marginally less mileage and less $$$ you could get a Civic or several other cars that offer better comfort/amenities. The car is well built and quiet and I've received great routine service from my local Toyota dealer."

By on Thursday, November 11, 2010

By on Sunday, November 07, 2010

"With 22000 miles on our 2010 Prius I feel qualified to make these observations , The car is of the highest quality auto that I have ever owned !! However there are several shortcmings : Lots of wind noise : Lots of road noise : and the car beats you down on long highway trips : The mileage is out standing but I would suggest that its best used as a commuter rather than a long distance mode og transportation !! The windshield rear view mirror needs to be raised because it does impede right side viewing in[parking lots ]"

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nurse

By on Friday, September 24, 2010

"I purchased in July, 1 tank : 51 mpg,2nd tank: 58 mpg 550 miles on 9.4 gals., now of course thats in echo mode."

By on Thursday, September 23, 2010

By on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"You can't beat a Toyota and you can't beat an average of 55 MPG. I fill the tank once every 3 weeks. I save $100 to $150 in gas per month compared to my SUV. I look at like this, my car payment is actually that much cheaper. Everyone should buy a hybrid."

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1st brand new car!

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"THis is my very 1st Brand new car. I am a mother and work part time at night. So i understnad the value of the cost for this vehicle. I only got the car a cple days ago and I am very excited and happy for this car. I have a Prius II and although it does not come with all the bells and whistles like the others I am very happy with the car. I have read of the following reviews and I understnad the frustration with some of the lower ranking owners. I however understand that every machine new or old loses its muster after a little bit of time. You will not have the pickup and go like regular 100% gas vehicles because you have to trian yourself to drive an electric/gas vehicle. Yes it feels like it stutters at first but thats the engine switchin from one source of energy to another. It does not feel cheap to me or my husband. It doesn't have lockin compartments in the car but you really shouldn't leave values of that nature in there to be ungaurded anyhow. I love the dash and the options of lighting and the control. I love driving the car! The rear window is a little confusin but you're not driving backwards majority of the time. It just takes a few days. I'm already used to it. Keep and open mind when it comes to this vehicle. Unless you're tryin to help the environment this car may not be right for you. THe cost you spend for the car may or may not overide the cost in gas you will spend. It all depends on the type of driver you are. I got it to be GREEN! I want to try to help the environment. I highly recomend this car to my family and frinds as we speak. I already have 2 co-workers talkin to my sales rep to figure out if this would be the right desicion for them as well. Take it for a test drive. Crunch some numbers Make the best choice for you and your family... Best Wishes..."

Love My Prius

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"The best car I have ever owned. And I have had a few over the years. This car has power, comfort, and most of all Great Gas Mileage. It is a real pleasure to drive."

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 | Next