2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better then expected

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, good power, great overall value"

Cons: "None so far"

"I bought the Prius II because of the gas milage more than anything else. I didn't have high expectations other than the gas milage. Was I suprised when I started driving it. The Prius had much more power then I expected. My brother owns the Civic hybrid and the Prius' power blows it out of the water. I have no problems jumping on the highways and going up the Cajon Pass on the way to Las vegas. It also handles well. After 22000 miles, I'm averaging 46 MPG. With gas now over $4.00 and rising, I'm sure glad I have my Prius. I have it for a 3 year lease which expires next year. I will either buy it or I am also looking at the new Prius V. Either way, I will be a prius owner for years to come."

The best car by far.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Truly awesome."

Cons: "No cons"

"I just purchased my new Prius 3. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is a pure hybrid that was designed from top to bottom and front to back. It is truly what cars should be. Thank you Toyota."

The Prius is a fantastic value

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super quiet, very reliable."

Cons: "Not the largest car out there for hauling supplies"

"With gas going up constantly, the Prius is a great car for gas mileage and comfort. While not a large car, the Prius rides well, is super quiet and we are still paying less than $100/month in gas. We've only had minor repair issues (lights, sensor) which were covered under warranty. We love it."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "mileage, comfort, room, visibility"

Cons: "front storage and cup holder placement"

"I LOVE my Prius! It is very responsive in driving, and turns on a dime. Can adjust seat to sit up higher, so you can see when next to, or in back of, smaller SUV's, which I like. Couldn't do that in my old corolla. Fits into parking spaces easily, but seems very roomy inside. I like the hatchback design because it is easy to get groceries in/out. Gas mileage can't be beat, as I trimmed my gas usage in half from my corolla! Spend about $65-$70 per month, while I was topping $130 in the corolla. While it doesn't have a lot of zoom, it has enough to get into traffic, and if you do like to push the gas pedal to the metal, you will pay for it in lower mileage, which you can see at a glance how much you are using. Helps keep my foot lighter on the pedal!"

Best car I ever had.

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great mpg and spae as a full size car."

Cons: "Terrible GPS; insufficient fr seat storage."

"Insufficient front seat storage compartments. "Big Brother"devices on navigation and bluetooth. Even the front passenger has no access to phone funcions and GPS destinations, POI, etc. Power outlets are shut down when engine is shut down.. The CD provided for the GPS is at least 5 years old and out of date on roads and POI's. They updated this one year after I purchased the car the cost is higher than a new Garmin. Routing is frequently not always the best."

Smart Investment

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"After much research and deliberation, and encouraged by Toyota's incentives, we've decided to invest into a new Prius. We got it in August 2010. We got the base (II) model, and its equipment is perfectly adequate and cool. Shuttling kids around translates to an average daily commute of 65 or so miles for us. Since purchase, average fuel economy has been 51 MPG. On cold days, it's lower. On warm days, 57 MPG easily. One does not purchase a hybrid to save money, as similarly equipped Corolla or Mazda 3 would be thousands less. However, savings in gas are most welcome. Performance is adequate, and actually quite good in the POWER mode. It is very entertaining to drive it in EV mode, and still manage to keep up with urban traffic. ECO mode is annoying, as throttle response is non-perceptible and somwhat unpredictable. The only negative comments are poor FM reception and interior rattles. Toyota service "tightened up the antenna" and replaced a cup holder; neither of these actions really helped much. Overall, we are delighted with the Prius, particularly the gas mileage."

decent with a couple issues

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"This is first and last Prius. It gets terrific mileage in the non-Winter months (45 mpg plus). It get fair mieage in the Winter (30-35 mpg) due to the engine running a lot to keep the heat warm. Also, have had two issues: one with the hybrid system and one with the engine. The Toyota dealer guesses at the cause and solution - not encouraging. We will be looking at a Honda Civic should these issues persist and for our next vehicle."

This Prius is my second one! It is a fantastic car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

I don't own this car

"This is the Prius 5 fully loaded package, 65787 miles on it new tires, is in fantastic condition, my buyout amount is 17899. I am only selling outright because i need a car that can fit a wheel chair and stroller in it. Other wise I would refi and keep this fully loaded Prius! If this goes back to the dealer they will sell it for at least 22 or 23k."

Perfect car for me

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, economical, great handling, great amenities"

Cons: "Not one con"

"I cannot find a thing I don't like about this car except for the crunchy tires. I couldn't figure out what that crunchy sound was on turns but the dealership finally traced it to the tires which, because of it's forward weight required tires with stiffer side walls. But that's just the tires. This car has been a dream to drive, handles wonderfully, and has all the amenities I like. After a Tacoma and two 4Runners I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this car. Toyota has really got this car dialed in."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Sometimes it's so ugly it's pretty"

"Driving back and forth to FL. from RI at 50.3 MPG. is unbeatable. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. However, it's not the prettiest car I've ever owned, nor the most comfortable on a long trip."