• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Toyota Prius

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Best mileage vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Excellent mileage, stylish, spacious interior"

Cons: "Squeaks and rattles, esp cold weather, dash buzzes"

"Large enough to carry lots of cargo, 5 adults easily, very good mileage, excellent feedback via gauges to help and inform, standard stereo very good, dash lights could be brighter, but are adequate. Comfy seats, driver's seat has adjustable height. Installed a block heater - would like to see them come standard for northern states (USA). Overall, very pleased with the car. 52.7 mpg average to date."

Prius is everything they say it is

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "mileage (of course), NAV system, braking, handling"

Cons: "seats, rear view"

"Great car. Own it for 2 years and 30000 miles. Mileage is consistently at 50 mpg and often exceeds that number on long trips. Car actually teaches you how to drive economically. The car is reliable and fun to drive. We bought the 2010 with Nav and the moon roof. Love it! Car is not perfect. Front seats are a bit soft at the edges and the rear view in the hatchback (unlike the new Prius V) is not the best. Low profile often produces scratches when parking along curbs. But these are small potatoes compared to the advantages. Handling is great. Fairly quiet ride. Braking exceptional. Hates the service bay! Buy one."

Great car if you don't need sports car performance

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "fuel efficiency, spacious, comfortable"

Cons: "hubcaps, GPS, audible back-up alarm"

"My fuel economy (47 mpg) has been a little less than rated (50 mpg), but it is still very, very good. I knew it would not drive like a sports car so I'm not complaining about the performance. It is comfortable and surprisingly spacious. There are a few annoying things though. Should a $27K car have hubcaps?! I don't think so. The GPS system is vastly inferior to the portable Garmin system I was using before. No speed-compensating feature on the sound system. The audible back-up alarm when in reverse makes me think I am driving a 2.5 ton truck. Overall this is a very nice car if you don't need sports car performance. I can't believe how little I am spending on gas these days. I'm saving at least $75 a month on gas alone. Consider that if you are comparing monthly payments."

Mission Accomplished

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Reason: Traded in for another Prius

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy, great all around sedan"

Cons: "Not fun to drive"

"From any rationale perspective, the Prius is hard to beat. I got excellent gas mileage, the interior is as large as Camry, seats were comfortable, ride was compliant and it was completely trouble-free. Is it a vehicle that is fun to drive? Not really. But I am not sure if there is a better vehicle on the road today for the money."

The best car by far.

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Truly awesome."

Cons: "No cons"

"I just purchased my new Prius 3. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is a pure hybrid that was designed from top to bottom and front to back. It is truly what cars should be. Thank you Toyota."