2009 Toyota Prius

Based on 786 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Best Ever

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

"not a lick of trouble with this car. and so quiet - so dependable - amazing truly."

Best car I've ever had!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

"I love this car! It was pre-owned when I bought it and I have never had to do a thing to it other than regular servicing/care, etc. And the gas mileage is outstanding! I have recommended this car to everyone I know."

Best car I've ever had

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage; good cargo space; quiet! comfy!"

Cons: "Dome lights are a bit hard to find"

"I bought my '07 Prius not because I"m an environmentalist but because I found a good deal and it suits my needs: Great gas mileage; sufficient cargo space; quiet and comfortable ride. I compared it with Honda Fit and Hyundai Elantra and it won hands down for quiet and comfort. It's true driving a more sporty car might be more fun, but I'm into economy and reliability so I'm very happy! No problems and I'm now at 138K."

I love my Prius - now if they had one with 4wd

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"My 2006 Prius has been extremely reliable, and very cheap to maintain. The most expensive thing I've had to do is replace the tires. My only complaint is that the traction control makes it difficult to climb slippery hills in the winter."

Great Commuter Car

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Very Comfortable, great price"

Cons: "Repair History in Toyota System"

"This car has been super reliable and very economical to run. It looks really good and runs well. There are some vision issues out the back window. Side vision is very good with the side mirrors. Excellent sound system with multiple CD player and MP3 player in a JBL premium sound system. Very responsive hybrid system."

my favorite vehicle to drive. Cant beat mileage

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "poor performance on snow & country roads, antislip"

"No repairs to speak of! Only scheduled maintenance. I drive a lot and have had no concerns with this car at all. I love to drive this car and it feels roomier than it looks when you are in the drivers seat. I do however feel cramped when I am the passenger. Great mileage for road trips. The mileage is so good you will forget you have to fill up. The battery never dies at the drive in theater or if you play music which is also nice. The car will automatically start and recharge the battery when needed. I've grown to love the backup camera and was sad to see it missing from the newer Prius. I'm not impressed with the performance on the snow. The car is to lightweight to handle snow. I avoid going out until the roads have been plowed. I HATE the anti slip feature. A light comes on with some sliding tires and you can no longer accelerate at all what so ever. It's way to sensitive. Mine frequently comes on when I drive on gravel roads, hit a pot hole or when driving on snow. If you drive in the snow be prepared to push yourself out of an inch or two of snow. I've rarely had to push a vehicle out of the snow but with the Prius if the tires are uneven you'll have to push it out (just a few feet). It's easy just annoying. The anti slip does not let you do the rocking or accelerating tricks to help move when you are stuck. Luckily the Prius is so lightweight anyone can easily push it on their own. The exterior is not as durable as I hoped. If anything hits or touches the car expect a mark in the paint or a little ding. I'd also really appreciate a louder horn. The horn in a joke. No one takes it seriously and smaller cars need to be heard."

The best car I ever owned except my 1959 MGA

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "50 + MPG, Unique styling, Comfortable Driving Car"

Cons: ""A" piller hard to see around."

"The reason to sell this car is to rent another. We are an older couple on a fixed income and want to have a newer car and can exchange cars every few years."

Great little car

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "easy on fuel"

Cons: "hard to see gauges sometimes due to sun reflection"

"Loved the fuel efficiency but a little tight on long trips"

efficient and comfortable vehicle

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "efficient, fun to drive, cost effective"

Cons: "low front bumper clearance"

"Reliable, comfortable, effective hybrid system with plenty of power, inexpensive to drive and maintain"

Disappointing

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Toyota quality and reliability"

Cons: "Low mpg, poor handling, visibility"

"All in all, the 2007 Prius has been a big disappointment. (1) Very disappointing gas mileage: it averages 38 mpg in mostly high speed highway driving. That's just not good enough. My old 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S got 32 mpg, and was very fun to drive. (2) The Prius handles very poorly in high front and cross winds: it wants to wander and weave way too much for comfort on these poor old rutted Texas things they jokingly call roads. Increasing the tire pressure to 42 psi on new Michelin Defenders may help. (3) Poor visibility: the super-streamlined design makes it way too difficult to see to the right side and to the rear. Then there's that idiotic bar in the middle of the rear window to try to through. (4) Ridiculously low ground clearance and the disappeared hood: Good grief folks, you can't see a thing down there, so watch out for those concrete parking structures! (5) Very poor headlights, the worst I've ever experienced: they were so bad I installed high intensity bulbs. Then, when that wasn't enough, I installed fog lights. Then, when that wasn't enough, I had the lights adjusted upward to the point where it bothers some oncoming drivers. But at least now I can see a reasonable distance ahead and to the right as I make right- hand turns on dark nights. (6) Finally, it's very disappointing because I stupidly paid a Toyota dealer way too much for this used car in 2012 and now owe the bank almost $14,000 for a car that may be worth half that much if I were to trade it in. Other than all that, and the fact that it needs a new radio that has USB and the capability to all the play various music formats, it's a comfortable, roomy car that is really boring to drive."

I "live" in my car - still love it!

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "mileage, reliable, snappy look."

Cons: "ride - you feel the road"

"I drive for a living, so mileage is critical. When you're getting 44 MPG, gas prices aren't even a concern. Love the braking feature on the transmission - saves gas and brakes. It's not the smoothest or the quietest, but I'm happy with it. I have it serviced regularly, and at 128,000 miles I'm going to keep it until one of us dies!"

I'm 72. This is the best car I've ever had.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"Like the way it drives and that the mileage to the gallon of gas is so good."

First car I have ever loved

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, reliability"

Cons: "road noise, cornering"

"Great mileage and drop dead reliability, combined with few real compromises, make the Prius the finest car I have ever owned."

This is truly a remarkable vehicle!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "You can't go wrong. Mileage is only one factor."

"We bought the Prius pre-retirement with no real intention in mind of how might use the car in the long term. We had rented one in Florida on a vacation and were pleased with is performance and this made an impression when we bought the car. Over the past 6 years, we've only driven 60K. During this period, except for the replacement of the 12 battery and tires, we've had no significant repairs. The car is comfortable and reliable. In fact, we've driven the car across country where we've experienced all types of weather during the past year. We expect to drive back to California within the next two months. I do believe this is the best, most reliable car I've ever owned."

Best car ever owned!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Handling, foul weather control, mileage, visibilit"

Cons: "Not the most beautiful car you'll see"

"After 75,000 miles, this car was still getting 50 mpg. on the highway. Roomy, comfy, totally reliable, with no service or repair requirements beyond normal warranty recommendations. Dealers generally load these cars with all the extras one would want, not counting sun-roof and higher end wheel covers. No one else in the marketplace has anything that fully compares to it in economy, comfort and convenience."

Favorite car we've ever owned

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, keyless entry, good in winter"

Cons: "Large dashboard that is a dust magnet"

"There has been a minimum of repairs required over the entire life of the car. It has retained its value quite well, it is fun to drive and even in a hilly city the mileage is still great. Best mileage ever was on a 10 our drive to the Outer Banks when we left home with a full tank and never filled up until we got to our destination. That was more than 500 miles and 54 mpg."

Most efficient car ever

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Economical. Feels like a full-sized car. Reliable."

Cons: "Handling is sluggish. Too much road noise at speed"

"More than adequate size for four full-sized people. Fuel mileage overall in low- to mid-40's with regular gas. Maintenance is cheap. Somewhat noisy, and handling is clumsy, but controllable. Had it for 8 years, and it is truly a carefree vehicle!"

First Prius and Loved it

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Loved the 50MPG I got with it."

Cons: "Love the newer 2013 Prius more"

"I would still be driving this vehicle but do to circumstances I own a leased 20013 Prius.Have to sell this one"

BEST VEHICLE I EVER HAVE

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "EVERYTHING GOOD AND SPECIAL 50-52 MPG IN SUMMER,"

Cons: "45-47MPG IN WINTER"

"I MOVE TO MEXICO AND UNFORTUNATLY I CAN NOT LEGALIZE CAR IN MEXICO FOR BEEN MADE IN JAPAN"

Best vehicle ever, great gas mileage,very safe car

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, best fuel economy"

Cons: "Needs more cushion on front seats."

"I have 2 Toyota Prius, I have had 3 total. I am so happy with them, I have them for personal & use them in my business. I do not ever want to own a vehicle now that is not a hybrid. Why should I, when the gas economy is 36 in worst winter driving conditions, to 48 in best summer conditions. They are very safe. The one that I no longer drive, was wrecked & driver walked away, with nothing but a bruise and a little stiff. The only thing I think they should improve, is to add more cushion to the front seats. I added foam under a seat cover."

LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "great gas miliage, safe, perfect for anyone"

Cons: "leather seats get hot!"

"The Prius is amazing! Not only do I get great gas mileage (averaging 47 miles to the gallon), but I can fit my family of 5 comfortably in it. I also fit my great dane inside!! The trunk area has a lot of space. Perfect for getting groceries or packing up for a trip. The only negative for me is the leather seats! I live in the south and they get hot!"

Great vehicle. Very roomy interior, great mileage

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "large color back-up camera, U-turns great"

Cons: "interior not very dressy"

"This has been a great and reliable car. Not especially exciting to drive, but easy, comfortable, and extremely economical. Great on a long trip. Doesn't have great acceleration, but not bad. Can do a u-turn in very little space. Love the big back-up camera! Also like the backup warning beep - wish they had extended it to outside also, to warn walkers. Friends like riding in it, as the interior is very spacious, great seat and leg room, but no luxury here. Cargo space is great, I've hauled really large boxes and long items, surprising most Home Depot and Lowe's loading assistants. I've always loved the keyless entry! A very safe option for ladies. I hate to trade this car, but now need a car higher off the ground with bad knees and back. Will sorely miss this friend."

I'm a Prius Believer!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "MPG and overall value"

Cons: "Could use some interior features added."

"I own a 2005 Prius that I bought used in 2010. I had been skeptical of the Prius prior to owning, but I'm sold now! Gas mileage per tank has ran from 43 mpg up to 51 mpg, depending on the type of mileage, speed, etc. Ideal speeds for optimal mpg seems to be between 45 and 70. Interior feels bigger than it looks. Hatchback allows more space for hauling/storage than it looks. Service has been good and I recommend the Prius for anyone considering a hybrid and/or needing good gas mileage!"

Ugly, uncomfortable & cheaply built.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "It is still running at 146,000 miles."

Cons: "Ugly, uncomfortable, cheaply built."

"We've purchased this car new in 2006 and it's never lived up to the hype. First, it's an extraordinarily uncomfortable car to drive or ride in due to the minimalist (read cheap) front seats and limited foot room. Secondly, the interior materials simply don't hold up. Finally, the car has been troublesome throughout its tenure: the breaking system has consistently produced weird noises (squealing and scraping) that the dealership has been unable to resolve and there have been more safety recalls than I can count."

Very good vehicle, best car on the road

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and cheap to drive"

"What is there not to like? Great gas mileage, comfortable ride, fit and trim are excellent. Good headroom for taller than average people. Enough power to safely merge into traffic or to pass when necessary. Responsive, predictable handling, smooth transmission, smooth engine, not repair prone. People who love to burn rubber and support the oil industry might not like it."