2008 Toyota Prius

Based on 866 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Prius is still trendy.

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Yes, I do miss my Acura. I do love my Prius though. No major complaints. The navigation system in the Acuras is better. I don't like the fact that you can't access the navigation destination with buttons while driving. I love the blue tooth and all the room I have in my Prius compared to the Acura Tsx. The car is spacious, dependable and environmentally friendly. I fill up about every 10 days. If I drive 55 - 60 mph I can get almost 2 weeks between fill ups."

Helping Save the World

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"We've had our Prius for over 2 yrs now. We had a bum battery upon delivery, which was correctly quickly. Since then, absolutely reliable. I tend to drive longer distances, and got on a recent business trip about 55.6 from Western PA to New York area. Probably in the high 40's on the return (it's uphill that way, isn't it?) My wife can get around 40mpg around the neighborhood, which is quite hilly. But it averages about 20mpg up a long hill near home - which is better than our Jeep Cherokee did on the downhill. ;) We did not go for the upgraded electronics in 2005 so miss the gps features, etc. I'm 6'4" and am quite comfortable. And the back seat has WAY more leg room than aforementioned Jeep Grand Cherokee. We've now got a sister and a nephew who have Priusized, trying to emulate us."

The best car I have ever owned or driven

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Bigger inside & trunk than you think! Quiet & MPG!"

Cons: "I hate the Touch screen & Climate Control"

"A cars' purpose is to get me from point A to point B. I like it when it is done cheaply, safely, environmentally friendly as possible, and with out any hassles and in comfort. My 2009 Prius does that all the time. We've taken 4 adults and a 55 pound dog from Tucson to San Redlands, CA, 450 miles, and it was as comfortable as any sedan trip of that length could be. Doing 65 - 80 MPH while getting over 45 MPG was amazing. After that rental car trip, I bought my Prius. Living in the DC area with the Nation's 2nd worst traffic, it's legendary stop & go, makes driving as easy and cheap as it could be. In fact, one pleasant bonus of my many traffic crawls home, was I got over 65 MPG, even if my average speed was that of a person galloping on horseback! You are foolish if a Prius is not at least on your "Strongly Consider" list for your next car. I have 2 complaints: > Why does everyone think a Prius is an expensive car? > I hate automatic climate control and having to use the touch video screen for everything. It's distracting, and in bright sunlight, sometimes impossible to see."

Well made, great vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. Zero problems, none, nada, nothing. Styling is either you love it, or you hate it. The ride can be stiff over bumpy roads. Great on the interstate. No, it does not get sixty mpg, but it will double anything else in the same class. Not the quickest car but I am yet to get beat going up an on ramp. If you concentrate on your driving, you can approach fifty-five mpg. Would I recommend it? I have and have helped to sell three other Prius vehicles. No wonder Toyota sells more hybrids than anyone else. Enough said."

Most reliable car.

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "50 mpg,nice ride, perfect commuter car"

Cons: "style very unique"

"With over 91000, the only thing I had to do to this car was to have the oil changed every 5000 miles, a new set of tires at 45,000 miles(replaced with michelin tires) replace the starter battery and that is it."