• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2008 Toyota Prius

Based on 798 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This car is ok if you do not live in Louisiana there is to many pieces of tires on the roadway... The front sits to low my husband has hit tire pieces and a animal and it has coated us over a 1,000.00 in repair. And the car is not even a year old. The front bump is very flemz.. The other this is it is very hard to see out of the back window we do not like that design.. as far as the gas mileage it was ok the best we have gotten was 51 on the highway ... we have never gotten the 60 in town.. but mostly its been 47 or 48 miles to the gallon... I personaly do not think this car is very safe if in acciendent if hitting thing in the road takes off the bump what would a yukon or something bigger would do.."

Love my Prius

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I love my Prius. The only thing that I don't like is that the gas mileage isn't as good as advertised. I usually get around 43 m/g during the winter and 48 m/g during the summer. I am thinking about trading up 2 years to get a new one."

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

Great Car!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I researched for 1.5 years for a new or a reliable small car. The Prius was more costly than other cars, but its reliability, gas efficiency and roominess compensates for it. When I first looked at the Prius, I hated the styling, but now I just love it. The 2006 interiors are 6" longer than previous Prius years. The back seat accomodates people 6 feet and taller easily--something important for me with budding teenage boys in a family of tall people. You have to learn how to drive this car! It cannot be driven like gasoline only cars. Learn how to maximize the efficiency by monitoring the consumption screen when first driving. Also, do buy the extended warranty. The battery is guaranteed for 8 years, but the standard car warranty is important to cover the cost of those expensive non-Toyota made electronics and the transmission should it fail ($10K to repair). Yes, the reliability is there, and I've had great success, but there is always one bad apple. I miss the luxury of my Jeep Laredo, and it would be nice to have a more plush and better overall interior. It is adequate, but not as nice as it could be. Many friends who have Prius models state the same. I love not only the gas mileage, but the super-quick fill up at the pump. I can come, pay and leave while the SUV next to me is still filling. The trunk/hatch is very roomy for a small car. After looking at small car trunks and other hatches like the PT cruiser, it is a dream. The back seats and front passenger seat fold down to accomodate longer items. I can fit 3 suitcases, a tent, 3 sleeping bags and misc other items, and on shopping day, all those grocery bags fit beautifully in the hatchback. BTW, do get the rear hatch net and the rear bumper applique. I don't like the ventilation system, and rate it fair for clearing foggy windows on rainy days. AC/heat are great. The kiddos love the car with its roominess, arm rest and all those cup holders. Its narrow body is desirable for city lot parking, and it does not feel narrow inside. Another plus for me is the high-feeling seating. After downsizing from high-riding jeep, it is nice to sit higher than other small cars. Low carriage, especially in the front is an adjustment. There is a nasty blind spot on the front right when turning left into traffic. The rear backup camera is a necessity. All in all, I love this car. It is a hybrid, so if you are looking for a great family or commuter car it's perfect. If you are looking for a high performance car, look elsewhere for a sports car."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought a used 04 Prius in 05. Love it but would like a new one (07 or 08). The trade in value is not what I expected so tried to sell it on my own. No luck. Cannot understand why any one would be affraid of a used Prius. Have had no problems and love the milage. Better that the Dodge Ram. It does have a little problem in the wind but with snow tires it climbs up my steep drive in the winter."