• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2008 Toyota Prius

Based on 792 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Not a bad little car

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Just a warning people watch for tire wear had 2 previous Prius's 05 and 06 at 16k 05 tires were shot!! No hard driving all paved roads and more city than highway never had to slam on brakes and didn't leave rubber at the stop signs and lights taking off. Our 07 is ridiculous to fuel and the dealer refuses to look at it says weather affects air in the fuel cell. Our 05 and 06 were recalled for the same problem when the fuel pipe from the fender to the fuel cell was replaced the problem was stopped. The 07 is getting better mileage than the 05 and 06. Took the Prius on a trip from SW Indiana to Myrtle Beach and all over the area got 50.25 mpg overall which is about 7mpg better than we ever experienced on the previous 2 Prius's. My other car is an 07 Camry and there is little difference in comfort between the 2 however both cars are mostly basic equipment so the Camry was cheaper than the Prius. Saved $60 on gas over the Camry for the above trip. Again keep an eye on tire wear!!!"

Never Going Back

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I bought my Prius in the summer of 2005 - got lucky and happened to be at the dealer on the day it came in, made my offer on the spot so didn't have to wait 7 months like my friends. This was before the big rises in gasoline prices - I bought the car because I have a grandson who likes to breathe clean air, but now I'm glad I did for other, obvious reasons. I took this car on a 3500-mile road trip with my parents and all of our luggage for 3 weeks last summer. They usually drive their minivan, but were amazed at how comfortable we were, how much luggage we could take, and the fact that we averaged over 50 mpg even with 3 adults in the car and a lot of mountain driving. I will never go back to a regular car again. Now I'm looking forward to the day when I don't need gas at all!"

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

Style and Efficiency

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"This is a great little car that sips gas no matter how heavy your foot is! I was a skeptic before with the claims of 60 MPG and all that... thought it couldn't have much power and would be a slug to drive. Well, it doesn't get 60 MPG, our highest was 56 MPG with an average of 47 MPG over the past 23000 miles. It has giddayup too, just press the pedal and it will zoom, merge and keep up with the rest of the NASCAR folks on the highway. Handles well, (better than my daughters Corolla) and has a comfortable ride despite the short wheelbase. It could use some extra features like power heated seats and some better lumbar support. For the price it was a little on the expensive side for the features offered. One thing is for sure - I have more money in my pocket after trading in the Sequoia for the Prius - that is evident at the gas pump everytime I fill up!"

Best car ever

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"We love our 2004 Prius and never had a problem-only routine main. and new tires. We usually get about 49 mph in the city and 53mph fully packed for vacation and 55 normally hwy. We can get a tremendous amount of things in the car. We always take it to Sams and Costco. We have two hybrids and like the Toyota best for mileage and comfort. We sing its praises to anyone who will listen."