2008 Toyota Prius

Based on 793 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Helping Save the World

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"We've had our Prius for over 2 yrs now. We had a bum battery upon delivery, which was correctly quickly. Since then, absolutely reliable. I tend to drive longer distances, and got on a recent business trip about 55.6 from Western PA to New York area. Probably in the high 40's on the return (it's uphill that way, isn't it?) My wife can get around 40mpg around the neighborhood, which is quite hilly. But it averages about 20mpg up a long hill near home - which is better than our Jeep Cherokee did on the downhill. ;) We did not go for the upgraded electronics in 2005 so miss the gps features, etc. I'm 6'4" and am quite comfortable. And the back seat has WAY more leg room than aforementioned Jeep Grand Cherokee. We've now got a sister and a nephew who have Priusized, trying to emulate us."

Best Car Ever. Solid Resale Value

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"This is the best car ever. I am not going to buy a conventional gasoline car again. I actually own two Hybrid vehicles now. The other one is a 2006 Hybrid. My mileage is between 46 to 53 mpg and on average city/highway driving it is about 48mpg. One nice feature of the Prius is that the exhaust is cleaner than everyone else. There is not much to critisize but it would be nice to improve the external paint and the interior surfaces. They are too easy to scratch and mark. The car is roomy and powerful enough for me. I am never going back to a gasoline only car. The more I avoid gasoline by using electric the better. I'm absolutely sold sold sold on hybrid. I'm going to buy a 3rd hybrid next year. It is good to know my resale value is excellent. A real bonus. Not many cars can claim that."

Great all around car

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"It's easy to focus on the fuel economy but I have foud the Prius to be a very good family vehicle. It has plenty of power for day to day driving and in all kinds of terrain. Trips to the mountains posed no problem. It has been trouble free for a year now. I really like the controls on the steering wheel."

Lucky to have found Prius

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"I had a Toyota Corolla for 5 years before deciding to switch over to Prius (Touring edition). The reason I switched over from Corolla, which is another good car from Toyota, to Prius is Prius has a roomy leg room at the back seat. This car has a lot of safety features and the roomy interior are definitely a plus. I don't get 60MPG as claimed but average in the 45MPG. However, I am happy with that mileage considered my rough driving habit. The steering is stable on the road and I don't feel the 'floating' experience as claimed by other owners."

Best Ever

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"I purchased this vehicle one month ago and am totally pleased with it. Right now I am getting 51mpg in city and 46.3 Highway, regardless on what the say the mileage is, I am very happy with it. I am 6 foot tall and big and fit quite well in the front as well as back seat. After putting 27k miles on my mustang in less than one year, I am very pleased with this car and the dollar amount I am saving already on gas. This is a great vehicle if you travel alot and need to cut back on finances. Of course I do have my mercedes to fall back on for impressing the ladies, but for business, I am 100% pro prius."