2008 Toyota Prius

Based on 839 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Best car for the price

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"I bought this car in 2010 used with 61,235 miles. I work as independent contractor and so far i have 369,245 miles on the car. I hade couple of things fixed beside the wear and tear issues. The dashboard which was replaced because it was a recall and i didn't have to pay for, and the c converter which i found a small shop that did it for 800 dollars. I do all my maintenance like changing oil and rotate my tires at the dealer because its cheaper and they give you a report on whats wrong and i do any fixing at a shop I've have dealing with the past 10 years. I was told by the dealer this is the highest miles they have seen on a Prius. The car is amazing for the following reasons: 1. Great MPG (46-58) through the life of the car. Summer time you will get the highest and winter the lowest. you will lose 1/2 to 1 mile on average yearly. 2. Low maintenance. 3. Good space. 4. Good looking car. I find the only thing bad about the car is snow which we got a lot this year so I was forced to use my AWD."

most reliable vehicle I've had

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "average quality interior"

"I've never had a car that had 295,000 miles on it and still has the original brake pads and spark plugs, as well as no other repairs except for two recalls. It's also great to go 500 miles on just over 10 gallons of gas."

The best car I have ever owned or driven

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Bigger inside & trunk than you think! Quiet & MPG!"

Cons: "I hate the Touch screen & Climate Control"

"A cars' purpose is to get me from point A to point B. I like it when it is done cheaply, safely, environmentally friendly as possible, and with out any hassles and in comfort. My 2009 Prius does that all the time. We've taken 4 adults and a 55 pound dog from Tucson to San Redlands, CA, 450 miles, and it was as comfortable as any sedan trip of that length could be. Doing 65 - 80 MPH while getting over 45 MPG was amazing. After that rental car trip, I bought my Prius. Living in the DC area with the Nation's 2nd worst traffic, it's legendary stop & go, makes driving as easy and cheap as it could be. In fact, one pleasant bonus of my many traffic crawls home, was I got over 65 MPG, even if my average speed was that of a person galloping on horseback! You are foolish if a Prius is not at least on your "Strongly Consider" list for your next car. I have 2 complaints: > Why does everyone think a Prius is an expensive car? > I hate automatic climate control and having to use the touch video screen for everything. It's distracting, and in bright sunlight, sometimes impossible to see."

Good Reliable Car

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, low operating cost, priced OK"

Cons: "Lack of lugage space if traveling with 4 people."

"I've had mine since new, have about 77,000 miles on it now. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put tires on it around 42,000 miles. I did have a couple recalls, a broken key fob, and a bad headlight socket which were all taken car of by Toyota at no cost to me. That's it. No brakes, battery, or exhaust work, etc.. The car has run very reliably for me, and provides comfort and high gas mileage. I get a low of about 42.5 mpg if I drive it hard with the AC always on, and can get 50-51 MPG driving anally without AC, but usually get around 47-49 mpg with day-to-day use in the Pennsylvania hills. It's paid off, and I'm trying to decide how long to keep it. The only down side that I can see is if you travel with 4 people, there's only room for luggage for 2 people. Other than that, I've flipped the back seat down, and carried anything I've needed to travel with. This is the most efficient and lowest cost to own car I've ever owned, which is why I chose it, and it work out well that way."

This is my 24th. car and this is the best.

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Bought at auction. Great price. Great on gas."

Cons: "Must install telephone jack."

"Since 1971 this is my 24th. car and this is the best I've ever had. The gas pumps say they miss me. Rides good. Nuff said."