2007 Toyota Prius

Based on 875 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

My retirement car has not dissapointed

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "reliability, dependability, gas mileage, green"

Cons: "blind spot, the 2005 cost"

"Purchased this before retirement - much too early because the other expired early. I am getting my first repair and that is to replace the water pump at about 100K miles. Before then, I only serviced on regular intervals. I am on my second set of tires. The body is holding up well - no rust, and I am so pleased with this car. Mileage is still good with an average of about 50mpg in the city or more. The only problem that I can think of is that the blind spot is very bad. I know that and compensate for it by looking very carefully before moving into the right lane. Love the car and do not intend to replace it soon."

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"This was our first Toyota. Except for a few mechanical glitches that were fixed for free this has been a great car. It has 97000 miles on it and acts like it is new with no hiccups whatsoever. The car is hard on tires though because of the added weight of the car batteries. I recommend getting higher performance tires even though you will loose a little gas mileage with the tires. The handling will be better and so will the life of the tire. Now the car drives like a tank in the winter weather. We do get the stated mpg. Comfortable ride and roomy. We will be getting another Prius."

A Good Decision

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Handles well and drives like a larger car. We average 48 mpg, which is less than advertised but still great. We purchased the vehicle as a hedge against high gas prices, and it has served that purpose well. We have had zero mechanical problems. Load capacity is low, making it impractical for long trips with four people. We rent a van for vacations. The car sits very low, which results in occassional scrapes when entering parking lots or driveways. The seats are spartan. Rear visibility borders on dangerous. The backup camera is a necessity. Marked down in Quality due to what seems to be thin clear coat that makes the vehicle highly vulnerable to scratches. This is the perfect commuter car that retains its value well. Its limitations are offset by its advantages. My wife says this is the best car she's owned since her red T Bird back in the fifty cents per gallon era."

Great mileage

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"Getting a little over 53 M.P.G locally & 45 highway at high speed. Its got good pick up. The front of the vehicle is not visible past the windsheild from the front seats which only allows one to quess how close one is to the object in front of you"

Love this car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"I've had my Prius for a year and a half and it is the best car I've ever owned. I traded in a minivan and too many trips to the gas station for this car and my 2 children fit comfortably in the back seat for all our errand running. We can even fit our 75 lb Golden Retreiver in the hatch back for short trips around town. This car is surprisingly roomy inside and the back-up camera is something I've needed all my life. No more guessing if you're too close to the car behind or if there's something lying in the driveway behind you. I get better gas mileage on long highway trips (around 53 mpg) than around town driving (around 45 mpg), which is the opposite of what I've heard is supposed to happen, but I'm not complaining. This car is great!"

I love my Prius!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"If you're solely looking to save on gas money, the Prius is a good pick. I average about 46 MPG. However, this is not the only reason that the Prius stands out. The seats are comfortable, it has more cargo space than my Jeep Liberty and is a comfortable ride. The only things I would change are the blind spot from the bar in the hatchback, the light colored upholstery and the head room in the back. Although it has ample leg room, a tall person just might feel their hair grazing the ceiling. I have the package 4 which has all of the safety features that I appreciate as well. If you're looking to buy one, be sure to look in neighboring states. It was cheaper for my husband and I to fly to St. Louis and drive home than it was to purchase in San Antonio!"

Best car ever

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"We love our 2004 Prius and never had a problem-only routine main. and new tires. We usually get about 49 mph in the city and 53mph fully packed for vacation and 55 normally hwy. We can get a tremendous amount of things in the car. We always take it to Sams and Costco. We have two hybrids and like the Toyota best for mileage and comfort. We sing its praises to anyone who will listen."

Best car on the road.

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable car and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the 50mph that I expected."

"Bought this car used from a private party. Have been very satisfied with it. Good gas mileage, plenty of room for 5 people. Back seats fold down, so you can haul lots in this car. Drives well in the snow. Fabric seats hold up well. Mine has the navigation system, but I am older and prefer a paper map. No console in the front which I love. Lots of nooks and crannies for storing stuff. I have the silver pine mica, which I think is a beautiful color (don't know why they quit using this color). As you can tell, I am really sold on this car."

saving $600.00 per month in fuel

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "fuel savings, easy to drive & park, reliable"

Cons: "visibility out the back"

"We bought this for the business to do estimates and small jobs. We have been able to do a lot more work than we expected because the back seats fold down. We can do approximately 90% of our work in this vehicle. We were using an 04 trail blazer for the same work. We have cut our fuel expense by $600.00 per month."

Most dependable and economical car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Great value, very comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Not pretty or sexy."

"I bought this car due to a long commute and high gas prices, and it hasn't disappointed me. The only repairs I have had to make are due to body damage from hitting two deer. Routine maintenance and new tires are the only maintenance expenses I have incurred. Still gets 47 MPG with mostly highway driving."

I love my Prius!!

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy, comfort, low noise"

Cons: "No sun roof available in 2009"

"Overall, I can't see why anyone would buy anything else. I was a bit reluctant at first, but am so glad i bought this. the gas money i save is almost paying for the car. It has almost as much room inside as my old Pathfinder. It is quick in traffic and maneuvers easily. I bought used and have had absolutely no problems in two years. I love 48-50 MPG. I have the touring edition which is great with comfortable leather seats. The GPS/navigation is fun too. Living with Massachusetts winters, I can say that the Prius is not bad in the snow...just slow down and don't drive like a crazy person."

Best Car (still) on the market

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "mpg, interior space, good back seat for 3 people"

Cons: "price, acceleration"

"160000 miles, still getting well over 50MPG, one issue was so far - water pump changed but was still under warranty. I haven't replaced ever brake pads/shoes. Service is minimal. Very practical. Surprisingly there is a lot of space inside for people and for anything else. Good controls, good very intuitive navigation system, good sound. Trim is a little weak and flemsy but it looks still good. I was rear ended and the damage was not very obviously substantial but it was a lot of money to repair (11k)in part due to hybrid battery removal/storage/reinstallation. Overall it is amazing vehicle!"

Love My Prius

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"I was very surprised when my wife, who was a tried and true Excursion driver, drove the Prius and loved it. When I told her I wanted to test drive a Prius her replay was a rather sarcastic "You have fun with that". Well long story short, she drove the car and loved it. We've only had it a short time but we love it. Reducing our fill-up cost from $120 down to $30 has helped the pocket book immensely. Most of the driving we've done has been highway and we've averaged about 47mpg. However, the car is still new so I'm hoping that we may get even better mileage by the time we get to the 1st oil change. There is plenty of room in both the front and back seat. Our son who is a rather large football player (6 ft and 225 lbs) fits comfortably in the back seat. However, the back seat does lacks headroom for those much over 6 ft. I would highly recommend a serious look at the Prius for anyone looking for a high mileage car."

The best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"I can definitely say that after owning a hybrid, I will never buy another conventional gas engine car again (unless I buy one as a collector's piece). It looks small, but it's very roomy inside. I don't even feel like I'm in a car because it's so comfortable, it feels like I'm just sitting in a chair with a steering wheel. There is also a ton of storage in this vehicle and so many great electronic features, like a touch-screen panel to control the temperature, audio and bluetooth accessories. The only thing that I didn't get was the nav system, which I really wish I had gotten (I will on my next purchase). I was also pleasantly surprised to see the scotch-guard protection of all of the fabric in the car. I spilled a cola on my beige-colored passenger seat less than one month after buying it and the liquid beaded. I was able to wipe it up with a cloth and it never left a single mark. The only drawback that I've noticed with this car is that because it is light, its a little difficult to handle on a windy day, but no more difficult than a tall SUV. It gets up to speed very quickly and I never have a problem merging into traffic, but because of the traction control, sometimes it can "stutter" when I hit the gas from a dead stop, but then it picks right up and speeds off. Overall, it's by far, the best car that I've ever owned and I brag about it to all of my friends. Everyone wants to see how it works and thinks that it's "so cool"."

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I parked my Lexus because of gas mileage and bought a Prius.I am saving 50 to 60 dollars a week in fuel cost alone .I have had zero problems with the Prius, and intend to but a 2009 model.In weather around 55 degrees I can average 55 to 56 miles mpg per tank.Toyota has a real winner"

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"Formerly owned a BMW, two Lexuses, and A GMC Envoy. I have owned a 2007 Prius for approximately 12 months. Fun to drive, and I am impressed with quality of entire car. For a supposedly small vehichle, surprisingly roomy. Have had no problems whatsoever. I am getting about 48 miles per gallon."

Worth Every Penny

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I drive 120 miles round trip each day. I previously owened a Nissan Pathfinder and found myself spending 150+ dollars a week on gas. I decided to go with the Prius to save on gas. Obviously this was the main reason I wanted a Hybrid. What I found out is not only the Prius excellent on gas (45MPG average) it is a fun vehicle to drive with plenty of pickup. The components are well designed and placed within arms reach. The drive is comfortable, and smooth. Also the interior has much more room than you would expect. I bought an 05 used Cert for only 17K. Best car purchase i have ever made and I am saving over 200 dollars per week over my SUV. Not a had decision after all. I strongly suggest this vehicle to everyone"

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"I've owned a 2005 Prius since 12/05 and continue to be very satisfied with both its performance and comfortable ride. I live in NE Dutchess county, NYS, and deal with hills and cold weather. It struggles a bit with the hills, but not any more than my 2000 Subaru Outback Sport. Mileage drops to about 45 MPG in the winter and is consistently over 50 MPG in the summer months. On the occasions when I drive on Long Island or NYC, the car as gotten up to 60 MPG. My only gripe with Toyota concerns the original tires (Goodyear Integrity). They just made it to 30K miles when they had to be replaced. They weren't good at all on even light snow. I replaced them with BF Goodrich Traction T/AH tires and the difference is dramatic."

I LOVE my Prius!

By on Monday, November 5, 2007

"The review asks "I would recommend this vehicle to a friend Yes No". I have recommended it to Family, Friends, and complete strangers. I have had people stop me in the parking lot, at restaurants, even an off-duty police man directing traffic! I tell them a few things: the car is great, the car will teach you how to drive it better--pay attention, I do country (but not interstate) driving and average 50 mpg with a record of 67 mpg. Last thing I want to say, my dad made his living as a machinist, installing and maintaining huge machines, he grew up around cars, he has worked on all kinds, he was always a "buy American" person, at 91 he now says, "If I were getting another car, this [my Prius] is what I would get." It is rare that he gets in my car without making some complementary comment, and I have had it for four years. When I get a new car, it will be another Prius. Today I had my 75,000 mi. check. And it was the first time I asked them to check something out: my shift lever was sticking, the mechanic cleaned and lubed it, it's working great again. I LOVE my Prius!"

Fuel Efficiency

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Great car! Handles beautifully and gets great gas milage. Make sure your air filter is clean for the best performance!"

Totally Reliable

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"I bought this Prius in April, 2005 after having waited 13 months. Great car -- totally reliable, excellent gas mileage, etc. I love the way this car handles. In three years, absolutely no repairs or problems!!"

65k Driver

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"Driven 65k in So Cal - Only problems are those one would expect with the trim in any car driven over 100K! I average 45-55 mpg on LA-San Diego freeway and local combined. I wish I had the option for a back up camera - In 2004 they did not offer it but the Nav system is a great gas saver in areas where you do not know the short cuts"

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Floor mats wore out in less than a year. No mechanical problems.....ride is not great and turning radius is just fair.......but reliability, styling and durability make up for any shortcomings."

Perfect to/from work

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I like this car so much more than I expected to. Having upgraded house and landed 2 kids, I needed to trade in the BMW and get practical. I actually average 48.8 MPGs and fill my tank about every 480 miles on less than 10 gallons. What was unexpected was the room for 5 (legit) and the game I play when I drive it. Prius drivers will relate to this.....acceleration between gas and battery is depends upon how much pressure you push on the accelerator and how much battery power you've built up. Makes the time pass! I'd buy it again and have a hard time going back to cars that only get 25 MPGs."

Never Going Back

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I bought my Prius in the summer of 2005 - got lucky and happened to be at the dealer on the day it came in, made my offer on the spot so didn't have to wait 7 months like my friends. This was before the big rises in gasoline prices - I bought the car because I have a grandson who likes to breathe clean air, but now I'm glad I did for other, obvious reasons. I took this car on a 3500-mile road trip with my parents and all of our luggage for 3 weeks last summer. They usually drive their minivan, but were amazed at how comfortable we were, how much luggage we could take, and the fact that we averaged over 50 mpg even with 3 adults in the car and a lot of mountain driving. I will never go back to a regular car again. Now I'm looking forward to the day when I don't need gas at all!"