• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2007 Toyota Prius

Based on 775 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Love this car!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, reliability,great resale"

Cons: "temperature control in backseat"

"Love the gas mileage, although it is only getting 41 mpg after 7 years. Love the reliability: I have replaced tires and a battery(not hybrid)and changed the oil. Love the cargo space: Drop the back seats and it loads almost as much as my Yukon did. I have tested this many times as parent of three and volunteer for many town and school events. The only criticism I have is the driver's seats can get uncomfortable on long road trips (mine doesn't have the lumbar support adjustment in driver's seat.. would recommend.) and in 115 degress the backseat area just doesn't get very cool ( for those with small children it would be a concern). The dog likes the back seats down and lying with her head near the front seat. Temperature control in back is not a problem when it's "normal temperature" ( below 90 in Arizona). I have had this car since it was new in 2007."

Great reliable car.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "MiPG, great car for inner city."

Cons: "None."

"Initially had problems with "key" once in a while. Software recall fixed this. Synergy water pump problems once. Fixed. Other than that, no problems. Once driving long haul at average 65 mph averaged 55mpg. Great pickup at highway speeds."

Great car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"With 245,000 miles, we've replaced one 12 volt battery. No other problems. Many of my family members have since purchased prius with zero complaints!"

I will buy another one

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, sufficient power, solid constru"

Cons: "Replacing the hybrid battery pack is expensive"

"I bought this car new, and have had a few maintenance expenses, including replacing the timing belt and a headlight. The biggest expense was the recent hybrid battery pack replacement. I read about buying a cheaper pack than the Toyota dealer pack, but having anyone other than Toyota work on this car has always made me nervous. So, after a $3000 battery replacement, I am ready for another Prius. Why? The car is reliable, it's great in snow, it has held it's appearance for almost 10 years, and I love the feeling of using less fuel and emitting less pollution. Someday when the plug-in version comes down in price I might consider that as well."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Stable on the road and quick enough acceleration"

Cons: "View out front windshield"

"I have owned more cars then the average individual and can state that this car is my favorite. My next car will be a Prius unless something better comes along. I am looking hard at the Chevy Volt and my wife wants the Tesla Sedan. Might happen! All I know is times are changing and we really need to change with them. I believe if everyone in the country owned one the emission problem would be a thing of the past."

See if you qualify for