• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2007 Toyota Prius

Based on 821 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

I love my Prius!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, awesome gas mileage."

Cons: "This car can get really warm inside the cabin."

"I bought my 2007 Prius new and just paid it off after 5 years. I have not had a single issue with it; it performs like a champ. I've kept all my gas records, and my Prius consistently gets 49 to 50 mpg. Excellent Fit"

Well made, great vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. Zero problems, none, nada, nothing. Styling is either you love it, or you hate it. The ride can be stiff over bumpy roads. Great on the interstate. No, it does not get sixty mpg, but it will double anything else in the same class. Not the quickest car but I am yet to get beat going up an on ramp. If you concentrate on your driving, you can approach fifty-five mpg. Would I recommend it? I have and have helped to sell three other Prius vehicles. No wonder Toyota sells more hybrids than anyone else. Enough said."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I like this Prius more than I expected to. Coming out of a sporty Saab 9-5 Turbo, I expected to be disappointed by the handling but gaining great mileage. The car is surprisingly nimble, with a tight turning radius, steering is sufficiently responsive and overall an easy and really pleasant car to drive. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the quietness of it -- the engine cuts out at stop lights and when not needed. And I LOVE driving by the gas stations for weeks at a time...."

Love it! Drive 150 miles a day with NO complaints

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"I've driven this car 262,000 miles so far with no brake job, no other repairs. Change the oil every 5,000 miles and put good tires on it and that is ALL that has been necessary to date."

The energizer bunny of cars

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "The only non-collector car that could be considered an investment"

Cons: "Not exactly a chick magnet, but at my age....... who cares"

"Bought this car two years ago with 189,000 miles for $6500 now has 232,000 and KBB says it's worth over $7000. Have not done anything except put on a set of tires and change oil. Just get in, push da button, go! Have driven it 800 miles in one day several times. I change just the filter at 5,000 miles, then oil and filter at 10k, use Mobil 1. Worst mileage is 70mph highway in winter about 45-46, up to 51 summer city."

My 07 Prius

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I've had my Prius for just over a year now and love it. I never thought I could have a car after my truck and jeep, but when I saw the mpg on the Toyota website, I had to go look and bought it that weekend. Although I've never gotten the 51/60 Toyota claims, 45 avg mpg is still tons better than anything else. I love the standard digital display and steering wheel controls for air and music and have not yet run out of room when moving stuff, although there has been creative packing. It's a lot roomier than you would think. My only issue is that the wind tends to blow me around a bit, worried people will think I'm drunk I weave so much sometimes. I'm a speeder though and have no problems maintaining 75 or 80 mph although it does kill the mpg. I love my little car and that I'm doing my part to help the environment, not to mention my checkbook :) and I think everyone should have one or something similar."

Save BIG on gas!

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"I bought an '06 about a year and a half ago and have no regrets, except maybe one... Not enough interior room. I am 6'4'' and should have realized when I bought it that I would be a little cramped for leg room. However, an average of 50 MPG makes up for the lack of space. I've already put 37K on it and am saving $100's in gas. Also have had ZERO problems with the car and don't expect to for years. This vehicle is a great investment for you and the enviroment!!!"

05 Prius @ 62k

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Good: MPG is consistant at 48-50mpg. Enough power to climb mountains with little cargo. Smooth and reliable. Zero problems. Free parking in LA! Bad: Heavily underpowered with 4 passengers + cargo. Window rattles and noise insulation is poor. Poor rear visibility."

Not a bad little car

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Just a warning people watch for tire wear had 2 previous Prius's 05 and 06 at 16k 05 tires were shot!! No hard driving all paved roads and more city than highway never had to slam on brakes and didn't leave rubber at the stop signs and lights taking off. Our 07 is ridiculous to fuel and the dealer refuses to look at it says weather affects air in the fuel cell. Our 05 and 06 were recalled for the same problem when the fuel pipe from the fender to the fuel cell was replaced the problem was stopped. The 07 is getting better mileage than the 05 and 06. Took the Prius on a trip from SW Indiana to Myrtle Beach and all over the area got 50.25 mpg overall which is about 7mpg better than we ever experienced on the previous 2 Prius's. My other car is an 07 Camry and there is little difference in comfort between the 2 however both cars are mostly basic equipment so the Camry was cheaper than the Prius. Saved $60 on gas over the Camry for the above trip. Again keep an eye on tire wear!!!"

what can I say its a toyota

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "great to drive ,"

Cons: "coffee cup holder. cheap material on seats."

"Bought this car 5 years ago on ebay, fantastic car, had the seat changed to leather for comfort. learned to use winter tires in the snow handles like a dream seems the weight balance is perfect in driving in a snow storm.. maintenance is very low for 5 years changed only the tires, 2 front wheel bearing assembly.. and the start up battery.. muffler replaced pin hole on pipe.. one hid ballast 125.00 everything bought on ebay to save. when small battery goes, change otherwise car acts strange. average mpg 50 in warm weather winter it is 40 mpg"