2005 Toyota Prius

Based on 875 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

My 07 Prius

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I've had my Prius for just over a year now and love it. I never thought I could have a car after my truck and jeep, but when I saw the mpg on the Toyota website, I had to go look and bought it that weekend. Although I've never gotten the 51/60 Toyota claims, 45 avg mpg is still tons better than anything else. I love the standard digital display and steering wheel controls for air and music and have not yet run out of room when moving stuff, although there has been creative packing. It's a lot roomier than you would think. My only issue is that the wind tends to blow me around a bit, worried people will think I'm drunk I weave so much sometimes. I'm a speeder though and have no problems maintaining 75 or 80 mph although it does kill the mpg. I love my little car and that I'm doing my part to help the environment, not to mention my checkbook :) and I think everyone should have one or something similar."

Save BIG on gas!

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"I bought an '06 about a year and a half ago and have no regrets, except maybe one... Not enough interior room. I am 6'4'' and should have realized when I bought it that I would be a little cramped for leg room. However, an average of 50 MPG makes up for the lack of space. I've already put 37K on it and am saving $100's in gas. Also have had ZERO problems with the car and don't expect to for years. This vehicle is a great investment for you and the enviroment!!!"

05 Prius @ 62k

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Good: MPG is consistant at 48-50mpg. Enough power to climb mountains with little cargo. Smooth and reliable. Zero problems. Free parking in LA! Bad: Heavily underpowered with 4 passengers + cargo. Window rattles and noise insulation is poor. Poor rear visibility."

what can I say its a toyota

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "great to drive ,"

Cons: "coffee cup holder. cheap material on seats."

"Bought this car 5 years ago on ebay, fantastic car, had the seat changed to leather for comfort. learned to use winter tires in the snow handles like a dream seems the weight balance is perfect in driving in a snow storm.. maintenance is very low for 5 years changed only the tires, 2 front wheel bearing assembly.. and the start up battery.. muffler replaced pin hole on pipe.. one hid ballast 125.00 everything bought on ebay to save. when small battery goes, change otherwise car acts strange. average mpg 50 in warm weather winter it is 40 mpg"

Not a bad little car

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Just a warning people watch for tire wear had 2 previous Prius's 05 and 06 at 16k 05 tires were shot!! No hard driving all paved roads and more city than highway never had to slam on brakes and didn't leave rubber at the stop signs and lights taking off. Our 07 is ridiculous to fuel and the dealer refuses to look at it says weather affects air in the fuel cell. Our 05 and 06 were recalled for the same problem when the fuel pipe from the fender to the fuel cell was replaced the problem was stopped. The 07 is getting better mileage than the 05 and 06. Took the Prius on a trip from SW Indiana to Myrtle Beach and all over the area got 50.25 mpg overall which is about 7mpg better than we ever experienced on the previous 2 Prius's. My other car is an 07 Camry and there is little difference in comfort between the 2 however both cars are mostly basic equipment so the Camry was cheaper than the Prius. Saved $60 on gas over the Camry for the above trip. Again keep an eye on tire wear!!!"

My retirement car has not dissapointed

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "reliability, dependability, gas mileage, green"

Cons: "blind spot, the 2005 cost"

"Purchased this before retirement - much too early because the other expired early. I am getting my first repair and that is to replace the water pump at about 100K miles. Before then, I only serviced on regular intervals. I am on my second set of tires. The body is holding up well - no rust, and I am so pleased with this car. Mileage is still good with an average of about 50mpg in the city or more. The only problem that I can think of is that the blind spot is very bad. I know that and compensate for it by looking very carefully before moving into the right lane. Love the car and do not intend to replace it soon."

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"This was our first Toyota. Except for a few mechanical glitches that were fixed for free this has been a great car. It has 97000 miles on it and acts like it is new with no hiccups whatsoever. The car is hard on tires though because of the added weight of the car batteries. I recommend getting higher performance tires even though you will loose a little gas mileage with the tires. The handling will be better and so will the life of the tire. Now the car drives like a tank in the winter weather. We do get the stated mpg. Comfortable ride and roomy. We will be getting another Prius."

A Good Decision

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Handles well and drives like a larger car. We average 48 mpg, which is less than advertised but still great. We purchased the vehicle as a hedge against high gas prices, and it has served that purpose well. We have had zero mechanical problems. Load capacity is low, making it impractical for long trips with four people. We rent a van for vacations. The car sits very low, which results in occassional scrapes when entering parking lots or driveways. The seats are spartan. Rear visibility borders on dangerous. The backup camera is a necessity. Marked down in Quality due to what seems to be thin clear coat that makes the vehicle highly vulnerable to scratches. This is the perfect commuter car that retains its value well. Its limitations are offset by its advantages. My wife says this is the best car she's owned since her red T Bird back in the fifty cents per gallon era."

Great mileage

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"Getting a little over 53 M.P.G locally & 45 highway at high speed. Its got good pick up. The front of the vehicle is not visible past the windsheild from the front seats which only allows one to quess how close one is to the object in front of you"

Love this car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"I've had my Prius for a year and a half and it is the best car I've ever owned. I traded in a minivan and too many trips to the gas station for this car and my 2 children fit comfortably in the back seat for all our errand running. We can even fit our 75 lb Golden Retreiver in the hatch back for short trips around town. This car is surprisingly roomy inside and the back-up camera is something I've needed all my life. No more guessing if you're too close to the car behind or if there's something lying in the driveway behind you. I get better gas mileage on long highway trips (around 53 mpg) than around town driving (around 45 mpg), which is the opposite of what I've heard is supposed to happen, but I'm not complaining. This car is great!"