• 2014 Compact Cars

2005 Toyota Prius

Based on 747 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Absolutely Fantastic Value Over 7 Years of Owning

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "45 mpg after 7 years. Low maintenance. Solid car."

Cons: "Not so great on snow or in mountains."

"We bought this car new. Had basic model upgraded with leather seats. We've driven the car around town and on some long trips. This is not a super-exciting car, but it is an awesome value over time. Don't let naysayers talk you out of this hybrid worrying about batteries. Ours are still GREAT and we still get 45 mpg without trying and more if we really try. It's a great trip car because of how far it can go on a tank of gas. And it is more roomy and comfortable than you would imagine. Don't assume anything till you get in one and drive it. It rides really smooth in town and on the highway. It's a quiet, solid car even on the highway. We've had it for 7 years and NOTHING has broken on this car. Maintenance has been super cheap. It's holding up really, really well. I can only say 2 cons for this car...it doesn't have a lot of power in the mountains and it did not do well in snow with the original tires and it really needs good all-weather tires to be adequate in the snow. I would not recommend it for a lot of snow driving. It has plenty of power if you are not in mountains. Plenty of power to get on the highway and accelerate at speed. It's super easy to drive and park. The vision out the back is not so great but it has the backup camera too. The A/C works great in hot weather. If you want to save money on gas, this car is AWESOME. TCO is fantastic!"

Wonderful Car-

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"Have this car for 10 years and it drives like I just drove it off the dealer's lot in 1984! I still am getting 44 MPG (overall) and am very happy with how well it handles. It has good acceleration and merges into highway traffic with no problem. It has a roomy back seat."

very good car have owned it since new .

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "not as comfortable as I need"

"Really a great car. I have back and hip problems and need a more comfortable ride."

Best car for the price

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"I bought this car in 2010 used with 61,235 miles. I work as independent contractor and so far i have 369,245 miles on the car. I hade couple of things fixed beside the wear and tear issues. The dashboard which was replaced because it was a recall and i didn't have to pay for, and the c converter which i found a small shop that did it for 800 dollars. I do all my maintenance like changing oil and rotate my tires at the dealer because its cheaper and they give you a report on whats wrong and i do any fixing at a shop I've have dealing with the past 10 years. I was told by the dealer this is the highest miles they have seen on a Prius. The car is amazing for the following reasons: 1. Great MPG (46-58) through the life of the car. Summer time you will get the highest and winter the lowest. you will lose 1/2 to 1 mile on average yearly. 2. Low maintenance. 3. Good space. 4. Good looking car. I find the only thing bad about the car is snow which we got a lot this year so I was forced to use my AWD."

needed service--tires & oil--that's all it needed-

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "maintenance free, inexpensive to operate"

Cons: "not good looking but there all over the highway"

"Has original brakes."