2004 Toyota Prius

Based on 874 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Love it! Drive 150 miles a day with NO complaints

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"I've driven this car 262,000 miles so far with no brake job, no other repairs. Change the oil every 5,000 miles and put good tires on it and that is ALL that has been necessary to date."

Prius is still trendy.

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Yes, I do miss my Acura. I do love my Prius though. No major complaints. The navigation system in the Acuras is better. I don't like the fact that you can't access the navigation destination with buttons while driving. I love the blue tooth and all the room I have in my Prius compared to the Acura Tsx. The car is spacious, dependable and environmentally friendly. I fill up about every 10 days. If I drive 55 - 60 mph I can get almost 2 weeks between fill ups."

The best car I have ever owned or driven

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Bigger inside & trunk than you think! Quiet & MPG!"

Cons: "I hate the Touch screen & Climate Control"

"A cars' purpose is to get me from point A to point B. I like it when it is done cheaply, safely, environmentally friendly as possible, and with out any hassles and in comfort. My 2009 Prius does that all the time. We've taken 4 adults and a 55 pound dog from Tucson to San Redlands, CA, 450 miles, and it was as comfortable as any sedan trip of that length could be. Doing 65 - 80 MPH while getting over 45 MPG was amazing. After that rental car trip, I bought my Prius. Living in the DC area with the Nation's 2nd worst traffic, it's legendary stop & go, makes driving as easy and cheap as it could be. In fact, one pleasant bonus of my many traffic crawls home, was I got over 65 MPG, even if my average speed was that of a person galloping on horseback! You are foolish if a Prius is not at least on your "Strongly Consider" list for your next car. I have 2 complaints: > Why does everyone think a Prius is an expensive car? > I hate automatic climate control and having to use the touch video screen for everything. It's distracting, and in bright sunlight, sometimes impossible to see."

Well made, great vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"Without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. Zero problems, none, nada, nothing. Styling is either you love it, or you hate it. The ride can be stiff over bumpy roads. Great on the interstate. No, it does not get sixty mpg, but it will double anything else in the same class. Not the quickest car but I am yet to get beat going up an on ramp. If you concentrate on your driving, you can approach fifty-five mpg. Would I recommend it? I have and have helped to sell three other Prius vehicles. No wonder Toyota sells more hybrids than anyone else. Enough said."

Most reliable car.

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "50 mpg,nice ride, perfect commuter car"

Cons: "style very unique"

"With over 91000, the only thing I had to do to this car was to have the oil changed every 5000 miles, a new set of tires at 45,000 miles(replaced with michelin tires) replace the starter battery and that is it."

I love my Prius!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy, awesome gas mileage."

Cons: "This car can get really warm inside the cabin."

"I bought my 2007 Prius new and just paid it off after 5 years. I have not had a single issue with it; it performs like a champ. I've kept all my gas records, and my Prius consistently gets 49 to 50 mpg. Excellent Fit"

The energizer bunny of cars

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "The only non-collector car that could be considered an investment"

Cons: "Not exactly a chick magnet, but at my age....... who cares"

"Bought this car two years ago with 189,000 miles for $6500 now has 232,000 and KBB says it's worth over $7000. Have not done anything except put on a set of tires and change oil. Just get in, push da button, go! Have driven it 800 miles in one day several times. I change just the filter at 5,000 miles, then oil and filter at 10k, use Mobil 1. Worst mileage is 70mph highway in winter about 45-46, up to 51 summer city."

Pros and Cons

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"I am 63 years old and parked a Harley Softtail for this car. I am a meachanic by trade and this review is for my 2007 Prius touring. I have put 33,000 trouble free miles on this car. My average MPG has been an impresssive 45.7. I know some say they are getting 50 and better. To get the good gas milage you do have to change your driving style. I have found that a crawling start does not do as well as if you get it up to speed and put on the cruise control. It also helps to let off the gas as soon as you know you are going to have to stop. Anyway the pros for this car are the obvious great gas milage. As I have said I have had no problems with my car. The quality of the way it is put together is goodl The standard features such as the power door locks and windows ect. is good. The technical side of this car is outstanding and will not go into that here. When I wear this one out I will get another one. On the con side. This is an ugly car. The interior looks cheap and has alot of plastic that scratches way to easily. But there are ways to overcome this. I've added stainless trim pieces around the side windows and wheel wells. I've got the touring package so I had 16" wheels which by the way helps alot for the cars driveability. The 15 inch wheels gives the car that baby buggy ride and feel. The touring package also has a better suspension for handling. My steering is very quick and handling is precise. Although my wife says it rides to hard for her I find it to be smooth and quiet. Also there are wood trim kits for the dash and door panels that help to cover up the cheap look of the interior. I did alot of research and drove alot of hybrids before I bought this car. Toyota is way ahead of everyone in this field. As I said I will buy another one if something better doesn't come along. I hope this has helped you in some way. Thanks for reading this."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I like this Prius more than I expected to. Coming out of a sporty Saab 9-5 Turbo, I expected to be disappointed by the handling but gaining great mileage. The car is surprisingly nimble, with a tight turning radius, steering is sufficiently responsive and overall an easy and really pleasant car to drive. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the quietness of it -- the engine cuts out at stop lights and when not needed. And I LOVE driving by the gas stations for weeks at a time...."

Good Reliable Car

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, low operating cost, priced OK"

Cons: "Lack of lugage space if traveling with 4 people."

"I've had mine since new, have about 77,000 miles on it now. The only thing I've had to do is change the oil and put tires on it around 42,000 miles. I did have a couple recalls, a broken key fob, and a bad headlight socket which were all taken car of by Toyota at no cost to me. That's it. No brakes, battery, or exhaust work, etc.. The car has run very reliably for me, and provides comfort and high gas mileage. I get a low of about 42.5 mpg if I drive it hard with the AC always on, and can get 50-51 MPG driving anally without AC, but usually get around 47-49 mpg with day-to-day use in the Pennsylvania hills. It's paid off, and I'm trying to decide how long to keep it. The only down side that I can see is if you travel with 4 people, there's only room for luggage for 2 people. Other than that, I've flipped the back seat down, and carried anything I've needed to travel with. This is the most efficient and lowest cost to own car I've ever owned, which is why I chose it, and it work out well that way."