2004 Toyota Prius

Based on 875 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Simply outstanding

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great mileage, looks great on the road"

Cons: "Not a luxury car"

"The vehicle that I would trade for instead of a Prius has not been invented yet. I bought it for the mileage, and would be happy if it were only reasonably comfortable and held the road. I have no complaints about comfort, and it handles the road as well as any car I've driven. People will tell you you can't get any pickup with a hybrid. I'm not a pedal puncher, but I've never had any complaints. There are three Priuses in our family."

Reliable, great gas mileage with super attributes.

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Great value and keeps value. Fun to drive."

Cons: "uhh..can't think of any."

"I've driven this car for 8 years and am absolutely delighted with it. Gas mileage started out as 50 mpg but now at 45 mpg... People are amazed at room for 5 adults. I put down the two rear seats and it turns into a pickup truck...I've packed in lumbar, mulch, sod, 20 bags of groceries--no problem! Back-up camera when in reverse drive and YOU CAN'T LOCK YOUR KEYS IN CAR! Car recognizes presence of key from 5 feet away and opens car for you. You can put your key in purse, coat packet, backpack and never have to take it out as you don't insert key into any ignition. So if you left your backpack or purse in car (with key inside) you can't lock the door by depressing the door lock. Yeah!! It's completely dependable. I've only had to replace the 12 volt battery once and the water pump. That's it! Bluetooth, multi-CD player with a great speaker system. Leather seats are primo. It has superb pickup speed at entering freeways. Once I got into a bind passing a semi on an interstate and two cars were drag racing and cut me off. Only thing I could do was hit the accelerator to finish passing and I got it up to 120 mph! Wow! A 1.5L 4 cylinder that can rock! I can't think of a single con! I bought it for $22,000 and 8 years later it has a KBB of $12,000. Darn cheap GREAT transportation. I LOVE this car!"

mpg been going down over time still best car ever

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"only thing had to be replaced is the hatch handle but I open it many times a day I think this is a great car . Buying our 3rd one this week"

Great car, no leg room tho :-(

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "Good design, fun to drive, quiet"

Cons: "No leg room for people 5'11" or more"

"Great car all around, wish they would add a few inches for the tall drivers to stretch their legs a bit more"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun, great looks!"

"I LOVE my 2006 Prius! The gas mileage has consistently been right around 50 mpg the whole eight years I've had it. I love the way it handles, and I love its sporty look-----and mine is red! What's not to love? Well, maybe a little less road noise, but that's minor. And being a hatchback, it is totally convenient for hauling around whatever this old lady wants to haul. Perfect car!"