• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2004 Toyota Prius

Based on 777 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Best vehicle ever, great gas mileage,very safe car

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, best fuel economy"

Cons: "Needs more cushion on front seats."

"I have 2 Toyota Prius, I have had 3 total. I am so happy with them, I have them for personal & use them in my business. I do not ever want to own a vehicle now that is not a hybrid. Why should I, when the gas economy is 36 in worst winter driving conditions, to 48 in best summer conditions. They are very safe. The one that I no longer drive, was wrecked & driver walked away, with nothing but a bruise and a little stiff. The only thing I think they should improve, is to add more cushion to the front seats. I added foam under a seat cover."

LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "great gas miliage, safe, perfect for anyone"

Cons: "leather seats get hot!"

"The Prius is amazing! Not only do I get great gas mileage (averaging 47 miles to the gallon), but I can fit my family of 5 comfortably in it. I also fit my great dane inside!! The trunk area has a lot of space. Perfect for getting groceries or packing up for a trip. The only negative for me is the leather seats! I live in the south and they get hot!"

Great vehicle. Very roomy interior, great mileage

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "large color back-up camera, U-turns great"

Cons: "interior not very dressy"

"This has been a great and reliable car. Not especially exciting to drive, but easy, comfortable, and extremely economical. Great on a long trip. Doesn't have great acceleration, but not bad. Can do a u-turn in very little space. Love the big back-up camera! Also like the backup warning beep - wish they had extended it to outside also, to warn walkers. Friends like riding in it, as the interior is very spacious, great seat and leg room, but no luxury here. Cargo space is great, I've hauled really large boxes and long items, surprising most Home Depot and Lowe's loading assistants. I've always loved the keyless entry! A very safe option for ladies. I hate to trade this car, but now need a car higher off the ground with bad knees and back. Will sorely miss this friend."

I'm a Prius Believer!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "MPG and overall value"

Cons: "Could use some interior features added."

"I own a 2005 Prius that I bought used in 2010. I had been skeptical of the Prius prior to owning, but I'm sold now! Gas mileage per tank has ran from 43 mpg up to 51 mpg, depending on the type of mileage, speed, etc. Ideal speeds for optimal mpg seems to be between 45 and 70. Interior feels bigger than it looks. Hatchback allows more space for hauling/storage than it looks. Service has been good and I recommend the Prius for anyone considering a hybrid and/or needing good gas mileage!"

Ugly, uncomfortable & cheaply built.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "It is still running at 146,000 miles."

Cons: "Ugly, uncomfortable, cheaply built."

"We've purchased this car new in 2006 and it's never lived up to the hype. First, it's an extraordinarily uncomfortable car to drive or ride in due to the minimalist (read cheap) front seats and limited foot room. Secondly, the interior materials simply don't hold up. Finally, the car has been troublesome throughout its tenure: the breaking system has consistently produced weird noises (squealing and scraping) that the dealership has been unable to resolve and there have been more safety recalls than I can count."

Very good vehicle, best car on the road

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and cheap to drive"

"What is there not to like? Great gas mileage, comfortable ride, fit and trim are excellent. Good headroom for taller than average people. Enough power to safely merge into traffic or to pass when necessary. Responsive, predictable handling, smooth transmission, smooth engine, not repair prone. People who love to burn rubber and support the oil industry might not like it."

Never needed repairs, only regular maintenance.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Relaible, no mechanical issues"

Cons: "Dashboard lights reflect on windshield at night."

"Consistently gets 46+ MPG. Not the best looking car on the road, not the most fun to drive but very reliable and hard to beat the MPG"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, reliability,great resale"

Cons: "temperature control in backseat"

"Love the gas mileage, although it is only getting 41 mpg after 7 years. Love the reliability: I have replaced tires and a battery(not hybrid)and changed the oil. Love the cargo space: Drop the back seats and it loads almost as much as my Yukon did. I have tested this many times as parent of three and volunteer for many town and school events. The only criticism I have is the driver's seats can get uncomfortable on long road trips (mine doesn't have the lumbar support adjustment in driver's seat.. would recommend.) and in 115 degress the backseat area just doesn't get very cool ( for those with small children it would be a concern). The dog likes the back seats down and lying with her head near the front seat. Temperature control in back is not a problem when it's "normal temperature" ( below 90 in Arizona). I have had this car since it was new in 2007."

Great reliable car.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "MiPG, great car for inner city."

Cons: "None."

"Initially had problems with "key" once in a while. Software recall fixed this. Synergy water pump problems once. Fixed. Other than that, no problems. Once driving long haul at average 65 mph averaged 55mpg. Great pickup at highway speeds."

Great car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"With 245,000 miles, we've replaced one 12 volt battery. No other problems. Many of my family members have since purchased prius with zero complaints!"