• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2004 Toyota Prius

9.3

Based on 828 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Value

By on Thursday, February 05, 2009

"My wife and I have owned our Prius since July 2007. It gets between 46 and 53 mpg. We baby it to get that mileage. My wife and I have a contest to see who can get the best MPG when we are driving it. We have the package 6 so have all the bells. But it would be nice to have electric seats and heated seat. It is very cold here in Colorado sometimes in the winter and it wake's you up early in the morning sitting on cold leather seats. The view in the car is not the best but you get use to it. The paint could be a better quaility too. It scrachs and marks up very easy. We have the touring model so the ride seems to be a little stiff . The next car we buy will probably be a camry hybrid only because you can get a sunroof in it and has a bit more luxury than the Prisus. But will sacrifice mileage for it. But thats ok."

Great Inovative Car

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"My 2008 Prius does everything that I need a car to do. The acceleration from both 0 to 30 and from 60 t0 80 MPH is excellent due to the constant high torque of the electric motor. My fuel cost has been reduced by about 60%."

Great for Commuting

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"Great for commutes, it actually gets great mileage in that slow crawl that you get during commute time. Lots of storage, easy to read displays, love the navigation system."

Super Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Bought Prius in 2007 and the automobile has performed beyond advertised. 50+ in the warmer months and 48+ in colder months. We get better mileage on the highway than in town. We just don't have that much stop and go as one would have in a larger city. Highly recommend this vehicle for city and highway use."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"I traded a 2006 Honda Odyssey in on the Prius and was a bit concerned that I would miss the space in the Odyssey. I was astounded that I actually had more room in the front seat (I am 6'4") and my wife is much more comfortable on trips. The car handles beautifully on the highway and has more than adequate power. With the rear seats folded, I have yet to find anything from Lowes or the garden center that I cannot fit into the Prius. If I had to list a complaint it would be the bladder style gas tank - you have to be careful not to overfill or it will 'burp' gas back out the fill tube. Also the car runs out of fuel very early in to the empty mark. Once you see one bar on the gauge, you had better fill up! I have been stranded twice. Also, the touring package gives a bit of a jittery ride over rough surfaces - enough to occasionally activate the traction control function. One other complaint is the navigation systems 'voice command' - I have NEVER had it understand correctly what I ask for. This feature simply does not work. An extremely well designed and practical car that is fun to drive and economical to own. I average about 46 true miles per gallon. I highly recommend the Prius."