2003 Toyota Prius

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Wonderful experience every time I drive!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Efficient, Snappy Torque, Well designed"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car recently with 150,000 miles, and I absolutely love it! The mileage is wonderful; 52 mpg is what I got in the summer, and now when it is colder, I'm getting 45-46 mpg. The interior is beautifully set up, although the shifter is in the way of being able to see the volume and tune button on the radio. My Prius has plenty of snap for me, making accelerations for passing and merging a breeze. The brakes are amazing: I've never driven a car with better braking control. With 150,000 miles, the shocks are a little stiff when going over bumps, and may need replacing. And the recommended oil change intervals by Toyota are great! 7,500 miles for highway driving, and 5,000 miles for city. I changed the oil, and then when there were 2,000 miles on the oil change I checked the level, and it was right to where I filled it to, and the oil was golden amber colored still! I love when I drive in all electric mode, it is even quieter than it usually is. While in electric mode, the vehicle is silent, except for a little hum from the electric motor and wind and tire noise! I highly recommend a Toyota Prius, "They make more than just a statement!""

AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, SAFE, ECONOMICAL

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"After just a few months with it I have put 3162 miles on it. My car is averaging at 40 mpg. I had previously owned an Accord. Now that I have my car I think I hate my Accord. Buy this car. GOOD JOB TOYOTA."

2002 Prius sedan, fabulous car!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "see below"

Cons: "see below"

"I have loved my Prius from day one. I average 50 mph for distance driving, and my lowest average ever (in ten and a half years) was about 44 mph when just putzing around town for weeks on end. I take excellent care of this car, don't let anyone else drive it, keep it garaged when possible, and service it on schedule with Toyota. But more than all that, it's just a GREAT CAR. I haven't had a single engine problem yet, it still looks fine and people think it's a lot newer than it is, the visibility and comfort are exceptional, the turning radius is superb, and it's just an excellent design and machine. The single problem with the car is that the front tires wear out quickly and need to be replaced too often. Also one of my window buttons wore out. Still, not bad for ten and a half years. I plan to keep this car for at least ten more years......if the Hawaii ocean winds don't rust out the body first! I'm even planning on picking up another one of this same model for my Mainland car."

Good Gas Mileage -- But is it Worth it?

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Reliability"

"I have owned this car for over 70,000 miles (now has 162,000). We purchased it for the gas mileage. We have consistently gotten around 42 mpg, which is the best feature. However, we have had to put $$$ in repairs. Charging system was replaced ($3500, not including the battery); battery ($2800); power steering pump (part of the hybrid system - $500); Steering Rack Assembly ($2800 part I found re-built); frame bolts loose ($100 to tighten--after replacing cv joints through misdiagnosis. We bought the car expecting to save money over our 20 mpg minivan. We should have kept the minivan! To be honest, though, the Toyota service people said this is not the norm for a 2002 Prius and suggested we simply purchased a lemon."

VERY DANGEROUS VEHICLE

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "NOT MANY TO MENTION"

Cons: "IT COULD KILL YOU"

"BAD STEERING ,BAD BRAKES UNRELIABLE CAR LOST STEERING PS WARNING LIGHTS ON ABS WARNING AND DEALER WON`T FIX IT TOYOTA GIVES RUNAROUND I ADVIZE PEOPLE DON`T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND POSSIBLY YOUR LIFE"