2003 Toyota Prius

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Love my PRIUS!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "40 mpg in town and 44 mpg HWY"

Cons: "its really tiny and wont pull a boat;)"

"I brought my 03 PRIUS used with 117k last year and have put over 30k miles in the last year, with the gas savings alone I could have practically bought another!! Obviously the design and comfort is not that of a luxury vehicle but the savings out weigh that in my book plus the green points you gain in others eyes make it just about as cool as driving a BMW:) or at least I feel that way!! It is small enough to fit in any parking spot and really pretty comfortable for a economy model. I bought this model because of all of the reviews of each year since the car was put into production it seemed like this one had the least reported problems. My mom also has an 03 Prius that she has put 420k miles (and still going!) on and literally never had to do anything other than oil changes and tires until 350k and since then she has put new brakes and about $300 worth of misc fixes so I feel like I will get my money out of my little guy!!"

Great car!

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"The car handles well, accelerates quickly, has plenty of room for passengers and luggage. Visibility is good, reliability is great EXCEPT that in desert driving I had to replace the main battery once already three years ago and the replacement is needing to be replaced. Fortunately it's covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The seat is not the most comfortable for long road trips, but is more than adequate for commuting to work. I've driven the newer wedge-shaped models and still prefer my original classic Prius. I love this car and highly recommend it!"

Whata car!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I own six vehicles and this is by far my favorite car. After 6 months to order and 7 years of ownership, I'm not ready to give it up...yet. Avg mileage city summer = 39. Avg mileage city winter = 41. Best highway mileage extended trip = 47. Longest trip between fillups = LA to Vegas and back."

MY car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I leased this car new in 2003 and bought it once the lease was up. The first thing I had to do was learn to drive a little differently to get the most milage. The room inside is what surprises most people. Four large adults fit comfortably with plenty of leg room. Any problems I have had have been minimal and covered by warrenty. I don't want to ever give it up. I average 38 MPG in the winter and 45MPG in the summer."

Have absolutely loved my original Prius.

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "roomy back seat, great gas mileage"

Cons: "not a sporty ride, has trouble going uphill"

"I was 17 when I bought my Prius and loved the "new" hybrid technology. Over the years, they have changed the car from a sedan look to a hatchback to something unrecognizable. I've always enjoyed scooting around Los Angeles and being able to fit in any compact spot. My car is getting on the older side now and I'm having a hard time deciding what can take my Prius's place."