• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2002 Toyota Prius

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

My dream car, and it's 5 years old!

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I bought a 2002 Prius used in 2005 and it is still my dream car. Extremely comfortable for 4 adults even though it looks small on the outside. Definitely fast enough to survive on freeways. I get about 45 mpg in the city and 40 with fast highway driving. Outstanding reliability. Only problem was one day my navigation system stopped working. Took it to the dealer and all they had to do was reboot / reinstall the DVD, which they did at no cost at all(this was not a dealer that sold me the car, by the way). One downside is storage: though the trunk is very roomy for a hybrid car, the rear seats do not fold down. Redesigning the Prius (in 04 I think) as a hatchback was a good idea. I put on a roof rack to handle any larger items, and I still get the milage I mentioned above. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and if it ever dies, I will replace it with another Prius without any hesitation."

Can't Say Enough Good Things

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Truly the best car I've ever had. It's largely been maintenance free. I've driven it all over the U.S. and the biggest expense has been tires -- I simply wear them out quicker because I feel secure taking long trips. You DO have to be religious about changing the oil on a recommended schedule; performance noticeably drops if you don't. And there's a design quirk that was corrected in later models where a kill switch for the main battery stack is located under the lining of the trunk -- pack the space too full and you could inadvertently disconnect the main power. But unlike past cars I've had that gave me at least 2 or 3 major problems after 4 years' driving, this car has given me none. I would buy another in a heartbeat."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Short trips, long trips, it doesn't matter. It is a real joy to drive! New Goodyear tires at 30,000, slightly oversized, really make the car hug the road in turns. If you don't exceed speed limits your mileage is excellent but if you insist on driving 75 mph or more and you really start to take a mileage hit. Even with gas prices above $3.00 I find that I consistently spend only 8 cents per mile for fuel. I find that statistic much more useful than tracking MPG. Purchased new in 2003 - zero problems. Always do suggested maintenance."

MY car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I leased this car new in 2003 and bought it once the lease was up. The first thing I had to do was learn to drive a little differently to get the most milage. The room inside is what surprises most people. Four large adults fit comfortably with plenty of leg room. Any problems I have had have been minimal and covered by warrenty. I don't want to ever give it up. I average 38 MPG in the winter and 45MPG in the summer."

I'm glad I bought it

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought this car new in 2003 because of environmental concerns. The rear has three seat belts but it is a tight squeeze for three adults or large teen agers. Now that gasoline prices are high I love the mpg. I drove 1,000 miles from Ohio to North Carolina and back at highway speeds and with the air conditioner running and got 53.5 mpg. I have gotten as much as 59 mpg in regular driving."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25