2002 Toyota Prius

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

super reliable easy on gas-low maintenance

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "economical-great second car"

Cons: "no key pad with car. can purchase if desired."

"great for a second car-good for local driving and very economical."

1 of the best I ever owned

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Gets 30 mpg. All new tires October 23, 2013"

"Would recommend it to anyone. People are amazed when they find out how old it is, still gets great mileage (mostly short hops in city driving!"

Wonderful experience every time I drive!

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Efficient, Snappy Torque, Well designed"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car recently with 150,000 miles, and I absolutely love it! The mileage is wonderful; 52 mpg is what I got in the summer, and now when it is colder, I'm getting 45-46 mpg. The interior is beautifully set up, although the shifter is in the way of being able to see the volume and tune button on the radio. My Prius has plenty of snap for me, making accelerations for passing and merging a breeze. The brakes are amazing: I've never driven a car with better braking control. With 150,000 miles, the shocks are a little stiff when going over bumps, and may need replacing. And the recommended oil change intervals by Toyota are great! 7,500 miles for highway driving, and 5,000 miles for city. I changed the oil, and then when there were 2,000 miles on the oil change I checked the level, and it was right to where I filled it to, and the oil was golden amber colored still! I love when I drive in all electric mode, it is even quieter than it usually is. While in electric mode, the vehicle is silent, except for a little hum from the electric motor and wind and tire noise! I highly recommend a Toyota Prius, "They make more than just a statement!""

AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, SAFE, ECONOMICAL

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"After just a few months with it I have put 3162 miles on it. My car is averaging at 40 mpg. I had previously owned an Accord. Now that I have my car I think I hate my Accord. Buy this car. GOOD JOB TOYOTA."

2002 Prius sedan, fabulous car!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "see below"

Cons: "see below"

"I have loved my Prius from day one. I average 50 mph for distance driving, and my lowest average ever (in ten and a half years) was about 44 mph when just putzing around town for weeks on end. I take excellent care of this car, don't let anyone else drive it, keep it garaged when possible, and service it on schedule with Toyota. But more than all that, it's just a GREAT CAR. I haven't had a single engine problem yet, it still looks fine and people think it's a lot newer than it is, the visibility and comfort are exceptional, the turning radius is superb, and it's just an excellent design and machine. The single problem with the car is that the front tires wear out quickly and need to be replaced too often. Also one of my window buttons wore out. Still, not bad for ten and a half years. I plan to keep this car for at least ten more years......if the Hawaii ocean winds don't rust out the body first! I'm even planning on picking up another one of this same model for my Mainland car."

See if you qualify for