2002 Toyota Prius

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Reliable, Gas Saver, Roomy

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I agree with the other reviewers: this Prius is surprisingly roomy, and very reliable. The only downside is styling, there is nothing fancy about this car. Unless you consider the standard LCD screen, which most people riding in my car for the first time think is super high-tech. I've gotten an average of 36-42 MPG over the last 5 years, and I drive aggresively (hard starts and stops) and use the A/C a lot. The car has held it's value very well, and has spoiled me with everything I get to take for granted: riding in the carpool lane by myself, great gas mileage, no car repair bills, 6-CD in-dash player. I love the tight turning radius, the few blind spots due to the generously-sized windows, the easy to read center-mounted digital speedometer, and the roomy cockpit."

will never go back to a non hybrid!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"This Hybrid is my first! I bought it used in 2003 and I love it. It was hit in an intersection 3 mo. ago and it handled beautifully. The anti-lock brakes saved my life. I was able to manuver the car without hitting anything and it repaired beautifully. I feel very safe in this small car. Plus I fill my tank once a month...boy was I surprised when I had to fill the Chevy Cobolt rental 3x in one month! I'll never go back to a regular car. Hybrids should be the standard until they perfect the electric car."

Love this car!

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "does everything it needs to"

Cons: "no hatch back"

"I bought this car new, just before the 2nd generation came out. Perhaps I should've waited a few months, because having a hatchback and all would be great. However, the 1st generation has done a brilliant job. I'm still getting 50 mpg and have had very few maintenance issues. Very very happy!"

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Our Prius is wonderful! It handles well in all conditions. We live on a mountain and it gets up that steep hill in snow better than our Saabs did - and that was pretty impressive! The only things I wish were different is the seats could be a little more comfortable on long rides and I wish it were able to accomodate a plug-in kit. I'd buy another Prius in a heartbeat - but only if I couldn't get an all electric vehicle! Maybe Toyota could make the Prius all electric - or at least as a plug-in."

Great Vehicle.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Bought as a total back in 2004, put humpty dumpty back together again and its a jem. So far in the 8 years owning it just maintenance, brakes, tires,oil changes every 5,000 miles etc..."