• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2001 Toyota Prius

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

Love this car

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I love this car. I only have to fill up the gas tank once every 6 weeks! Perfect for those of us that hate pumping gas!!!"

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

Only hybrids in my future

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"As Consumer Reports notes, realistic gas mileage is NOT as displayed on the maufacturer's stickers (standard EPA tests). I've average 43 mpg over 70,0000 miles. That about 60% city and 40% highway. Also highway is routinely better than city mileage. It's seldom mentioned but I think it's important to note that the mileage display plays an important role in changing your driving habits. I drive slower; I drive more safely; I drive more fuel efficiently. Just because I can see the mileage change in real time I think about what I'm trying to achieve (get somewhere in time) and I routinely modify the way I drive to include fuel efficiency. I'll never drive a lower MPG car again."

Reliable, Gas Saver, Roomy

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I agree with the other reviewers: this Prius is surprisingly roomy, and very reliable. The only downside is styling, there is nothing fancy about this car. Unless you consider the standard LCD screen, which most people riding in my car for the first time think is super high-tech. I've gotten an average of 36-42 MPG over the last 5 years, and I drive aggresively (hard starts and stops) and use the A/C a lot. The car has held it's value very well, and has spoiled me with everything I get to take for granted: riding in the carpool lane by myself, great gas mileage, no car repair bills, 6-CD in-dash player. I love the tight turning radius, the few blind spots due to the generously-sized windows, the easy to read center-mounted digital speedometer, and the roomy cockpit."

will never go back to a non hybrid!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"This Hybrid is my first! I bought it used in 2003 and I love it. It was hit in an intersection 3 mo. ago and it handled beautifully. The anti-lock brakes saved my life. I was able to manuver the car without hitting anything and it repaired beautifully. I feel very safe in this small car. Plus I fill my tank once a month...boy was I surprised when I had to fill the Chevy Cobolt rental 3x in one month! I'll never go back to a regular car. Hybrids should be the standard until they perfect the electric car."

My dream car, and it's 5 years old!

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I bought a 2002 Prius used in 2005 and it is still my dream car. Extremely comfortable for 4 adults even though it looks small on the outside. Definitely fast enough to survive on freeways. I get about 45 mpg in the city and 40 with fast highway driving. Outstanding reliability. Only problem was one day my navigation system stopped working. Took it to the dealer and all they had to do was reboot / reinstall the DVD, which they did at no cost at all(this was not a dealer that sold me the car, by the way). One downside is storage: though the trunk is very roomy for a hybrid car, the rear seats do not fold down. Redesigning the Prius (in 04 I think) as a hatchback was a good idea. I put on a roof rack to handle any larger items, and I still get the milage I mentioned above. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and if it ever dies, I will replace it with another Prius without any hesitation."

Can't Say Enough Good Things

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Truly the best car I've ever had. It's largely been maintenance free. I've driven it all over the U.S. and the biggest expense has been tires -- I simply wear them out quicker because I feel secure taking long trips. You DO have to be religious about changing the oil on a recommended schedule; performance noticeably drops if you don't. And there's a design quirk that was corrected in later models where a kill switch for the main battery stack is located under the lining of the trunk -- pack the space too full and you could inadvertently disconnect the main power. But unlike past cars I've had that gave me at least 2 or 3 major problems after 4 years' driving, this car has given me none. I would buy another in a heartbeat."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Short trips, long trips, it doesn't matter. It is a real joy to drive! New Goodyear tires at 30,000, slightly oversized, really make the car hug the road in turns. If you don't exceed speed limits your mileage is excellent but if you insist on driving 75 mph or more and you really start to take a mileage hit. Even with gas prices above $3.00 I find that I consistently spend only 8 cents per mile for fuel. I find that statistic much more useful than tracking MPG. Purchased new in 2003 - zero problems. Always do suggested maintenance."

MY car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I leased this car new in 2003 and bought it once the lease was up. The first thing I had to do was learn to drive a little differently to get the most milage. The room inside is what surprises most people. Four large adults fit comfortably with plenty of leg room. Any problems I have had have been minimal and covered by warrenty. I don't want to ever give it up. I average 38 MPG in the winter and 45MPG in the summer."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next