• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2001 Toyota Prius

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

You get your money's worth

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"This as all Toyota's is a good car. I've never had any problems with it. It drives nice, easy to park, looks great. I bought it when the gas prices jumped and couldn't of made a better purchase. It's a great car, fun to drive and fun to see how long you can actually keep it in E-mode (electric mode). My kids love to drive it too. I think you'll see more and more of these in the near future."

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What a car

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"I have owed my Prius for 5 years, you couldn't pry my keys away from me. I've been on long road trips with no problems and awesome gas mileage. Highly recommend taking a test drive."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"Hey man u guys should buy Toyota Pruis it rocks than other cars!!!!!! Cool man try it and then rate it for yourself? ok BYE"

Whata car!

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I own six vehicles and this is by far my favorite car. After 6 months to order and 7 years of ownership, I'm not ready to give it up...yet. Avg mileage city summer = 39. Avg mileage city winter = 41. Best highway mileage extended trip = 47. Longest trip between fillups = LA to Vegas and back."

I LOVE This Car

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I took delivery on this car in November 2001 and had driven it 46,383 miles as of Sept. 27, 2007, the last time I purchased gas. The mpg up to that date was 44.9. But the real reason I love this car is that I can see better out of this vehicle than any other car I have ever driven. I usually buy a new car every five or six years, but I'm keeping this one as long as I can. I love it."

Reliability Defined

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"As my Prius with 73,000 miles approaches its 7th anniversary, I consider how remarkably well this car looks and runs with so little required maintenance. Mechanically, the car remains tight and just as much fun to drive as it was initially. Fuel economy improvements continue as we still learn more about how to exploit its capabilities. Despite daily battles with a pair of mutts in the back seat, the interior is only now starting to show its age with a couple of small punctures in the seat cushions. Paint is still glossy and clean. Rust spots appear ONLY where collision repair work was performed. I downgraded the comfort rating because, despite the fact that my 6'5", 260lb. frame fits in the driver seat. 2 hour and longer trips require effort and frequent stops to relieve mild back aches due to seats designed for smaller folks. As a used car, this is the ULTIMATE pizza delivery vehicle - clean, quiet, maneuverable and fuel efficient."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Our Prius is wonderful! It handles well in all conditions. We live on a mountain and it gets up that steep hill in snow better than our Saabs did - and that was pretty impressive! The only things I wish were different is the seats could be a little more comfortable on long rides and I wish it were able to accomodate a plug-in kit. I'd buy another Prius in a heartbeat - but only if I couldn't get an all electric vehicle! Maybe Toyota could make the Prius all electric - or at least as a plug-in."

Perfect Car

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I bought mine new in early 2003 and it has about 46,000 miles on it. Toyota recalled a computer and replaced mine for free, but I've never had a single problem with the car. Pickup is terrific and the turning radius is teeny. I also like having a sedan with a trunk. Plus I can get into the tiniest spaces that most other cars don't fit. The gas mileage isn't quite as good as the newer models. Around town I average about 39 to 42. I get better mileage on the highway - upper 40s. That's not what Toyata predicts, but it is what happens with mine. You'll never regret getting one!"

Love My Prius

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I've been at the wheel of seven cars -- including an '04 Honda Civic and an '07 Acura TL -- and my '02 Prius is still my favorite car to drive! It's not fancy, but it doesn't have to be. It rides smoothly and comfortably at all speeds, handles tightly and stops on a dime when it has to. This car has had a couple of owners before me (according to Carfax) and it still looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. When people ask me what I dislike most about it, I say "the cup holders" because that's seriously my biggest complaint! (Be careful with your drinks...) I will probably drive this car until the wheels fall off, and even then, I'll just look forward to getting a brand new Prius."