2001 Toyota Prius

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

will never go back to a non hybrid!

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"This Hybrid is my first! I bought it used in 2003 and I love it. It was hit in an intersection 3 mo. ago and it handled beautifully. The anti-lock brakes saved my life. I was able to manuver the car without hitting anything and it repaired beautifully. I feel very safe in this small car. Plus I fill my tank once a month...boy was I surprised when I had to fill the Chevy Cobolt rental 3x in one month! I'll never go back to a regular car. Hybrids should be the standard until they perfect the electric car."

Love this car!

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "does everything it needs to"

Cons: "no hatch back"

"I bought this car new, just before the 2nd generation came out. Perhaps I should've waited a few months, because having a hatchback and all would be great. However, the 1st generation has done a brilliant job. I'm still getting 50 mpg and have had very few maintenance issues. Very very happy!"

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Our Prius is wonderful! It handles well in all conditions. We live on a mountain and it gets up that steep hill in snow better than our Saabs did - and that was pretty impressive! The only things I wish were different is the seats could be a little more comfortable on long rides and I wish it were able to accomodate a plug-in kit. I'd buy another Prius in a heartbeat - but only if I couldn't get an all electric vehicle! Maybe Toyota could make the Prius all electric - or at least as a plug-in."

Great Vehicle.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Bought as a total back in 2004, put humpty dumpty back together again and its a jem. So far in the 8 years owning it just maintenance, brakes, tires,oil changes every 5,000 miles etc..."

An excellent car -- 186,000 miles and still going

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, standard features"

Cons: "Needs snow tires in the winter."

"I purchased this car new in 2002 and have put 186,000 miles on it at of January, 2012. It's MPG performance is great, though it has dropped a bit as the car aged. For the first 100,000 miles we averaged around 40 mpg (which is what it was rated); in the past two years this has dropped to around 34 -- higher in the summer, lower in the winter (we live in Buffalo, NY). It drives like a dream -- very tight turning circle, good acceleration, handles well on street or highway. It does require snow tires in the winter, however -- but with them it does just fine."