• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,613 - $25,502.

10/7.5

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very practical, reliable, cost effective vehicle

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "space for hauling stuff, 40+ mpg, easy to drive"

Cons: "keyless entry only on driver door, reverse dinging"

"I really like my Prius V. This is my second Hybrid vehicle (I had a Hybrid Camry last time), and I have been very satisfied with the way the battery merges with the engine power. It has a special button for additional power when you feel you might need it--merging onto interstate highways or steep hills. The mileage has been consistently 42-45 mpg. I do wish the driver's seat was automatic in changing positions--my husband and I are very different heights. I switched to the Prius V because I needed a vehicle that would allow me to carry multiple boxes of books, plants for landscaping, bicycles for kids, and luggage. The Prius has worked very well for this purpose. We bought a dark gray one because that was what was available locally. This makes it harder to spot the vehicle in parking lots. There is sufficient headroom for my very tall husband and friends. A little more leg room for the back seat would be nice, but this is OK. I also really wanted a back-up camera, which is a big help in parking lots. I wish that the vehicle would sit higher off the ground, thus minimizing scraping the carriage on bumper blocks. The basic sound system is adequate. It does have Blu-tooth capability, which my husband uses. We had a tire blow-out on the highway while I was driving. I was able to fully control the vehicle and take the next exit. I like having the dashboard read out in the center, rather than right in front of the steering wheel. I also like the key-less ignition. Adjusting to pushing a button (rather than turning a key) takes a little getting used to. The car is nearly silent when it is in eco mode, so you have to be mindful that pedestrians cannot hear you coming. There are plenty of cup holders. In stop and go traffic, it works well, stopping quickly when necessary. The cruise control also works really well. The constant dinging sound when you are in reverse can get on your nerves. The interior feels much more spacious than the earlier Prius models. The ride is not as smooth as my Camry, but is is comfortable most of the time. There are fewer blind spots than there were in the Camry."

Nice ride at a year-end bargain price

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage,smooth ride,manufacturer reliabilty"

Cons: "Some road noise...but insulation is weight."

"Recently bought a new '14 V three to replace my rattle-trap '12 Subaru Forester (...first and LAST new Subaru purchase for me, by the way). Considered waiting for the '15, but discovered only minimal improvements (same battery pack) and an elongated front-end snout--you either like it or hate it. The Prius is far more quieter than the Subaru, has more room... and the electronics are simply in a different league. And, as we all know, the gas mileage is spectacular for a vehicle that rivals compact SUV space. Some ratings criticize initial purchase cost of the Prius V, but in my case my new '14 v Three was around 22,400 plus tax. A year-end bargain, in my book. I really like the illuminated auto-open door when you approach the car with the fob in you pocket."

Almost 40K Miles, Still Pleased With the Prius V

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, lots of space"

Cons: "A few rattles"

"Toyota did a great job of combining fuel economy with practicality in the Prius V. Interior space is plentiful, flexible, and functional. We actually moved from Virginia to California - the Prius V stuffed with loads of our junk and our two dogs. We averaged about 42 MPG for the trip. She's not the prettiest car to look at but really gets us around. A few rattles have developed which is annoying, but overall we're pleased with this choice."

I average about 48 miles per gallon in the city.

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage"

Cons: "Expensive to buy"

"I use regular gas. Toyota specifies synthetic oil 0 w 20 w. Oil change cost about $60.00. Change oil every 10,000 miles. Great design. Material some sub par. Noisy on acceleration. Reliable. Big amount of space. I own the Prius V model 3. Hard to justify the cost of a hybrid. You pay more to buy it and save on gas."

Excellent value

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling"

Cons: "Has small car ride."

"Purchased new from dealer. Excellent reliability. Mileage almost always 40+. Lots of room for traveling and can hold full-sized golf bag easily. Power is more than adequate for interstate as well as rural mountainous driving. Only change I would make next time is getting the package that unlocks all doors with touch of drivers door (present car only unlocks drivers door) and built in navigation system."