• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,507 - $25,584.

10/7.5

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great small SUV feel with fantastic gas mileage

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "small suv,good value & space,reliable,comfortable"

Cons: "backup alarm"

"I owned a 4Runner for 10 years (and 260,000+ miles) before buying my Prius V. I needed the storage space but did not want the price tag or gas mileage of a typical SUV. The Prius V offered many of the SUV features that I enjoyed over the years. My Prius V has taken the family camping to many places over the past 1 1/2 years, including a couple that were over 6 hours away. I added a hitch and bike rack for added flexibility. Even fully loaded with gear for a trip I can get about 40MPG out of it. I never got that out of my 4Runner. The only thing I lost from going to the Prius V from my 4Runner was a little space in the back, mostly in height. I gained much more leg room in the back seat, over 2X better gas mileage, better leg room for driver, and it can even climb hills with when fully loaded. I miss the daytime running lights that my 4Runner had but I just leave the lights on all the time and they auto shut off after 30 seconds so I treat it like daytime running lights. Overall, the car has great gas mileage, the reliable Toyota quality, ample space and is a fantastic value for a small SUV. After 32K+ miles I am still happy with my decision to replace my 4Runner with the Prius V rather than a RAV4."

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

i love this car

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "ease of use comfort and economy"

Cons: "the stereo speakers sound cheap"

"In 2007 i was in the market for an economical car I test drove the first Prius,I actually drove it over to the Honda dealer and looked at new Civics. The biggest problem with the first Prius was its high price,no incentives were available and dealers wanted more than sticker price the first Prius also had huge blind spots and the transition from electric to gas was a bit harsh and the technology wasn't proven reliable. same day we fell in love with and purchased the honda civic si sedan "32mpg sports car" SEVEN YEARS LATER At the 2014 auto show i met the Prius v. Instantly noticed the increase in roominess also gone was the huge blind spot! looked at the price and it was a bit high but decided to find one i could drive. At the dealership i found a certified used 2012v3 14000 miles for 10000 off msrp i bought it . Drove it 30 miles home. Next morning temp was 17 degrees heavy snow storm with 3-4 inches already on the road. decided to drive the prius anyway. My drive to work was 63 miles that day. i was totally impressed with the way the prius travels snow covered roads at speed. it never felt loose like my civic did with just a little snow. it didn't get stuck in the heavy plow rows at intersections and i felt comfortable at 50 mph with 4 inches of snow in the way. Best of all i figured out how to display my average mpg and it was 47.2 WOW i was expecting maybe 35 mpg at best in those conditions but this prius surpassed even its 40mpg hwy rating. top it off i love the fact that u never need to dig your keys out just walk up grab door handle it quickly unlocks automatically. Sit down,step on brake,press power,shift into gear and your off get where your going,stop,just press power and walk away the car sets the parking brake and powers down with the push of one large button on the dash even turns off the headlights after a few seconds if you wish to leave them on. FIND THE COLOR YOU LIKE AND BUY THE PRIUS-V!"

Great with wheelchairs!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "More room than you think!"

Cons: "Little less gas mileage than the standard Prius :("

"I'm a disabled vet, and get around in a wheelchair. This Prius V 5 fits my large frame very comfortably even on long drives! My chair fits easily in the back, and my wife never fights it! Whether I'm driving with my hand controls, or as a passenger, it's as easy as rolling up to it, and simply transferring over, no fuss! We don't get the great gas mileage that the standard size Prius gets, but for us, it was more about the cargo room. We still averaged 35 mpg and I'll take that to the bank all day long!"

Love my Prius V with a couple of reservations

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable..roomy...good leg room"

Cons: "No automatic trunk release and auto close"

"Very surprised to learn that there was no inside trunk release or automatic close. I'm in my 70's and have trouble pulling the trunk closed..For the price of 27,000, I feel that is a serious flaw.. I am only getting 38.4 MPG..I bought the Prius for the mileage, but am disappointed that it does not reach at least 40 MPG.. It is also a bit noisy on acceleration, especially going up a hill..."