• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,070 - $25,087.

10/7.6

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great value - economical commuter car that 'hauls'

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, cheap to operate, technologically strong"

Cons: "Image, slow acceleration, handling just 'okay'"

"No one expects a Prius to be a hot rod, and it isn't. What's more, I am a very conservative individual and purchased the Prius for the selfish reasons of reliability and fuel economy - not 'green' concerns. (I had a loaded 4 door 4WD Tacoma prior.) The car doesn't disappoint. If you take it for what it is, the car is awesome. Lots of gadgets (I love gadgets), decent power, decent ride, TONS of carry space, quiet and comfortable (I'm 6'4" and 210 pounds). It's reliable and cheap to operate and I love it. Would I love to have a large pickup? Sure! But I don't carry large loads or pull a trailer - I commute back and forth to work - and the Prius V serves me well."

Great with wheelchairs!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "More room than you think!"

Cons: "Little less gas mileage than the standard Prius :("

"I'm a disabled vet, and get around in a wheelchair. This Prius V 5 fits my large frame very comfortably even on long drives! My chair fits easily in the back, and my wife never fights it! Whether I'm driving with my hand controls, or as a passenger, it's as easy as rolling up to it, and simply transferring over, no fuss! We don't get the great gas mileage that the standard size Prius gets, but for us, it was more about the cargo room. We still averaged 35 mpg and I'll take that to the bank all day long!"

I will buy another one

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, cargo capacity and comfort"

Cons: "A little boxy driving feel"

"For the money, it is well worth it. I do get the incredible mileage (up to 70 mph) and the cargo capacity is outstanding. It holds four adults with comfort. For this price range, the technology is outstanding in the package "5" level. I definitely would buy another one. I have recommended this car to friends and those that bought one have been very pleased."

Excellent value, large amount of cargo space.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, cargo space"

Cons: "Noise level, paint quality, Navigation System"

"PRIUS V: Excellent value with some quirks. PROS: Gas mileage (between 48 and 50 mph in the summer, between 32 an 36 in the winter).Lower battery efficiency in winter due to cold temperatures. Also constant running of heating system, forcing the gas engine to run more frequently. Road handling is excellent, the car feels very safe. Comfort is surprisingly good for such a car. Large cargo space (larger that my SUV). Interior: Good ergonomics at the console. Controls accessible and usually easy to manage with some exceptions. Three drink holders on front is helpful as well as two glove/storage compartments. Seats surprisingly comfortable. AV Interface and ergonomics mostly good with some exceptions: USB outlets are useful, BT syncing of any phone on AV system is good. Hands free phone is excellent. CONS: Noise level too high.To boost fuel economy, sacrifices were made in soundproofing. The car can be noisy, especially on rough surfaces. Paint quality: Because of weight control (that is my belief) the amount of paint applied to the car was reduced. On my Prius V, front of the car has paint scratches and dings due to small stones and other debris on the road.This should not be happening on a 10 month old car. According to Toyota, it is also due to the shape of the front bumper which sends back to the hood all of the junk collected ! Also tiniest shock on the car will immediately result in a small body scratch. Navigation system: I was warned. The GPS on the Prius is one of the worst. I agree: GPS is often getting confused, road algorithms are not efficient, reaction time is slow. For the price paid for such extra, one would expect a better GPS. No possibility to change voice as well and no real Text To Speech. GPS ergonomics not good with touch control on screen problematic and counter-intuitive. Radio controls: Standard radio is good. XM Satellite Radio is very good but too few XM/FM/AM presets available on radio. Radio controls are not always obvious. It take some time to get used to them, Another quirk on all Prius: It is very easy on newer Prius to leave the car on without noticing it. it has happened to me and to many others. I have to make sure to press the main control off prior to exiting the car. Taking the key with me will not disengage the On/Off switch. A friend's relative drove 100 miles to their house and they realized after arriving that they did not have their car key with them.... when trying to restart the car at a gas station. Tires: In order to save on fuel, Toyota chose middle of the road tires. Those Yokohama tires are a compromise between regular all-weather radials or specialized tires. Although the choice of those tires help with fuel efficiency, it becomes problematic during the winter as the car is not as good on snowing conditions as one would expect from a front wheel drive. All in all it is a good car. It is expensive but there are good deals to be made on new ones. It is almost impossible to find a used Prius, as owners don't want to part with them once they have one. The main point is, no one can beat 50 mpg..."

Great little car

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "good little road car - packs up and performs nice."

Cons: "non"

"Bought this as our primary vehicle after driving vans for many years. It has done everything we expected including saving us about $250.00 monthly on gas. We have been all over the U.S. and 3 Canadian provinces (58,000 miles in 13 months) and have no complaints. will probably buy another one next year."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next