• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,593 - $28,650.

10/7.6

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Big guy in a mid-size car works with Prius V

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Comfort, Storage, Technology"

Cons: "Not a jack rabbit"

"Purchased new in mid-2012, I now have 35,000 miles on this great vehicle. Overall I average 43.5 MPG with a high of 51. I'm not a lead foot, but I'm also not driving Miss Daisy. I also love the significant rear storage room. At 6'3 250 I fit comfortably behind the wheel and find this vehicle extremely comfortable and quite on the open road. With multiple passengers, my 6'2 son fits comfortably in the rear seat due to the seat adjustment forward and tilt. The Nav system, blue tooth etc., is awesome. Because I drive a Prius V, I continue to take some ribbing from my friends who get 12-14 MPG from their big trucks and SUV's...but at the end the day, I am saving hundreds of dollars each month at the gas pump! Prius V...great vehicle all-around."

40+ mpg with small suv size

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "price, space, reliable, options, fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic feel, motor sound when pushed"

"Many people question why I paid so much for a hybrid. I said they should consider why people pay so much for a small suv? This car has about the same interior space and quality and gets 40+ mpg for the same price. If more people looked at facts and less at popular press they would see 30K for fully a loaded suv is a value and knowing it'll go 200K+ with minimal issues is why Toyota has it's quality reputation. We have been happy with the decision and paying $30 to go 400+ miles feels great. I love quality cars and the steering feel is ok but it is a very fun car to drive. It's a pleasure to take your time and trying to run in electric only makes driving game like. In the end I would say it's a great option if you don't push the engine hard and want an inexpensive but fun way to get from point a to point b."

Excellant storage, comfort and mileage

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, storage"

Cons: "radio"

"Owned since Jan 2013 with 6k miles. Let me just tell you some of the things that influenced my decision. First, it can handle five adults,and has the storage depth, height and overall volume of small SUVs and larger wagons. The MPG is spectacular - 47 mpg in mixed suburban and highway driving at max speed levels in the warmer months. Like most cars, when the winter fuels are available then it goes down by 10-12%. The V model rides higher then the standard Prius by almost an inch - does not sound like a lot but has made a big difference. Also, the V has better ride quality then the standard Prius, I have owned both. The seat comfort is above average, I judge this by the fact that I can drive over three hours with no discomfort to my 60+ body. Fit and finish are very good, Although I wished the series 5 had a better radio. If you have not driven a standard Prius then you cannot appreciate the full rear window view that the V has. At this time I believe the Prius V is in a class by itself and I am very satisfied with it."

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

Great small SUV feel with fantastic gas mileage

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "small suv,good value & space,reliable,comfortable"

Cons: "backup alarm"

"I owned a 4Runner for 10 years (and 260,000+ miles) before buying my Prius V. I needed the storage space but did not want the price tag or gas mileage of a typical SUV. The Prius V offered many of the SUV features that I enjoyed over the years. My Prius V has taken the family camping to many places over the past 1 1/2 years, including a couple that were over 6 hours away. I added a hitch and bike rack for added flexibility. Even fully loaded with gear for a trip I can get about 40MPG out of it. I never got that out of my 4Runner. The only thing I lost from going to the Prius V from my 4Runner was a little space in the back, mostly in height. I gained much more leg room in the back seat, over 2X better gas mileage, better leg room for driver, and it can even climb hills with when fully loaded. I miss the daytime running lights that my 4Runner had but I just leave the lights on all the time and they auto shut off after 30 seconds so I treat it like daytime running lights. Overall, the car has great gas mileage, the reliable Toyota quality, ample space and is a fantastic value for a small SUV. After 32K+ miles I am still happy with my decision to replace my 4Runner with the Prius V rather than a RAV4."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25