• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,297 - $28,439.

10/7.6

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Big guy in a mid-size car works with Prius V

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Comfort, Storage, Technology"

Cons: "Not a jack rabbit"

"Purchased new in mid-2012, I now have 35,000 miles on this great vehicle. Overall I average 43.5 MPG with a high of 51. I'm not a lead foot, but I'm also not driving Miss Daisy. I also love the significant rear storage room. At 6'3 250 I fit comfortably behind the wheel and find this vehicle extremely comfortable and quite on the open road. With multiple passengers, my 6'2 son fits comfortably in the rear seat due to the seat adjustment forward and tilt. The Nav system, blue tooth etc., is awesome. Because I drive a Prius V, I continue to take some ribbing from my friends who get 12-14 MPG from their big trucks and SUV's...but at the end the day, I am saving hundreds of dollars each month at the gas pump! Prius V...great vehicle all-around."

Excellent interior space and reliability.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"This is my second Prius and both cars have been completely reliable. No repairs needed, routine service only. The interior space is ample for back seat passengers. I take a lot of stuff with me on vacation, including a dog crate and it holds all I need. By using 91 octane gas with no ethanol I get mileage 10% over the sticker numbers, except in the winter when the engine runs more to keep the heater working. The car runs effortlessly at 75mpg on the interstates and feels much more drivable than when I used 87 octane with ethanol."

40+ mpg with small suv size

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "price, space, reliable, options, fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic feel, motor sound when pushed"

"Many people question why I paid so much for a hybrid. I said they should consider why people pay so much for a small suv? This car has about the same interior space and quality and gets 40+ mpg for the same price. If more people looked at facts and less at popular press they would see 30K for fully a loaded suv is a value and knowing it'll go 200K+ with minimal issues is why Toyota has it's quality reputation. We have been happy with the decision and paying $30 to go 400+ miles feels great. I love quality cars and the steering feel is ok but it is a very fun car to drive. It's a pleasure to take your time and trying to run in electric only makes driving game like. In the end I would say it's a great option if you don't push the engine hard and want an inexpensive but fun way to get from point a to point b."

Excellant storage, comfort and mileage

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, storage"

Cons: "radio"

"Owned since Jan 2013 with 6k miles. Let me just tell you some of the things that influenced my decision. First, it can handle five adults,and has the storage depth, height and overall volume of small SUVs and larger wagons. The MPG is spectacular - 47 mpg in mixed suburban and highway driving at max speed levels in the warmer months. Like most cars, when the winter fuels are available then it goes down by 10-12%. The V model rides higher then the standard Prius by almost an inch - does not sound like a lot but has made a big difference. Also, the V has better ride quality then the standard Prius, I have owned both. The seat comfort is above average, I judge this by the fact that I can drive over three hours with no discomfort to my 60+ body. Fit and finish are very good, Although I wished the series 5 had a better radio. If you have not driven a standard Prius then you cannot appreciate the full rear window view that the V has. At this time I believe the Prius V is in a class by itself and I am very satisfied with it."

Excellant storage, comfort and mileage

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, storage"

Cons: "radio"