2012 Toyota Prius v

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

Big guy in a mid-size car works with Prius V

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Comfort, Storage, Technology"

Cons: "Not a jack rabbit"

"Purchased new in mid-2012, I now have 35,000 miles on this great vehicle. Overall I average 43.5 MPG with a high of 51. I'm not a lead foot, but I'm also not driving Miss Daisy. I also love the significant rear storage room. At 6'3 250 I fit comfortably behind the wheel and find this vehicle extremely comfortable and quite on the open road. With multiple passengers, my 6'2 son fits comfortably in the rear seat due to the seat adjustment forward and tilt. The Nav system, blue tooth etc., is awesome. Because I drive a Prius V, I continue to take some ribbing from my friends who get 12-14 MPG from their big trucks and SUV's...but at the end the day, I am saving hundreds of dollars each month at the gas pump! Prius V...great vehicle all-around."

Excellent interior space and reliability.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"This is my second Prius and both cars have been completely reliable. No repairs needed, routine service only. The interior space is ample for back seat passengers. I take a lot of stuff with me on vacation, including a dog crate and it holds all I need. By using 91 octane gas with no ethanol I get mileage 10% over the sticker numbers, except in the winter when the engine runs more to keep the heater working. The car runs effortlessly at 75mpg on the interstates and feels much more drivable than when I used 87 octane with ethanol."

Great with wheelchairs!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "More room than you think!"

Cons: "Little less gas mileage than the standard Prius :("

"I'm a disabled vet, and get around in a wheelchair. This Prius V 5 fits my large frame very comfortably even on long drives! My chair fits easily in the back, and my wife never fights it! Whether I'm driving with my hand controls, or as a passenger, it's as easy as rolling up to it, and simply transferring over, no fuss! We don't get the great gas mileage that the standard size Prius gets, but for us, it was more about the cargo room. We still averaged 35 mpg and I'll take that to the bank all day long!"

I really like this car

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, Bluetooth, roomy, has"

Cons: "No sunroof,"

"It has a great feel when your inside the car. Very roomy for everyone. The back seats recline back and move froward or back. I don't find the the cargo area cover very useful. It could be up higher to cover luggage or what ever you put in back. I find it in the way a lot. The car has plenty of cup holders. Roomy console and two glove-boxes, the back has some cool cubbies also. It drives pretty good. It does get good gas mileage. The MPG is really what they say it gets. My best overall trip was 43 MPG . My worst was 38 MPG. I found being in traffic that is bumper to bumper the car gets the greatest of mileage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius v near Honolulu. See local deals