2012 Toyota Prius v

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Best car Ever Owned

By on Monday, June 13, 2016

Pros: "reliability, confort, mileage and good pick-up"

"Always thought of the Prius as strange looking. However, "Persona" model in black with the additional chrome trim along the baseboards as a startling improvement. Everyone tells me what a great looking car. More importantly, it has been trouble free. Made a trip to PA and NJ and on highway stretches got 55 mpg at 73-75 mph. Also, it doesnlt use a drop of oil. Further, approached recently in a shopping center parking lot where the man saif, "I envy you" I asked why? he replied that my wife made me trade in my Prius V for a Honda CRV and I hate the Honda and miss my Prius. What more can I say."

Reliable utility vehicle that is inexpensive

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "Utility, economy"

Cons: "A bit noisy at high speeds"

"Toyota makes reliable cars. this car in almost 3 years has not needed a single repair except a tire replacment due to a flat.. Garage kept. Love the dynamic cruise control which comes in handy on longer trips. Great fuel economy on regular gas- 42 mpg long term average right on top of the EPA listing. Can carry a lot of stuff with rear seat up and even more with part or all of rear seat down."

Road Noise is unbearable at high speeds.

By on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pros: "Cargo area, gas mileage, well designed interior,"

Cons: "Road Noise,"

"The Prius V v is a great car, good gas mileage (averaging 42 mpg) even on my trips back and forth to Florida (1365 Mimes one way). Can't stand the Road Noise while highway driving. You have to practically yell to the person in the back seat. In addition, forget listening to the Radio/CD while on the highway... Too much Road Noise. I do a lot of highway driving and am about to trade for a quieter car. Love the cargo storage area... 63 cubic feet. For city and non highway driving it's fantastic. I would recommend it if it was used for city driving."

Great small SUV feel with fantastic gas mileage

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pros: "small suv,good value & space,reliable,comfortable"

Cons: "backup alarm"

"I owned a 4Runner for 10 years (and 260,000+ miles) before buying my Prius V. I needed the storage space but did not want the price tag or gas mileage of a typical SUV. The Prius V offered many of the SUV features that I enjoyed over the years. My Prius V has taken the family camping to many places over the past 1 1/2 years, including a couple that were over 6 hours away. I added a hitch and bike rack for added flexibility. Even fully loaded with gear for a trip I can get about 40MPG out of it. I never got that out of my 4Runner. The only thing I lost from going to the Prius V from my 4Runner was a little space in the back, mostly in height. I gained much more leg room in the back seat, over 2X better gas mileage, better leg room for driver, and it can even climb hills with when fully loaded. I miss the daytime running lights that my 4Runner had but I just leave the lights on all the time and they auto shut off after 30 seconds so I treat it like daytime running lights. Overall, the car has great gas mileage, the reliable Toyota quality, ample space and is a fantastic value for a small SUV. After 32K+ miles I am still happy with my decision to replace my 4Runner with the Prius V rather than a RAV4."

Big guy in a mid-size car works with Prius V

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Comfort, Storage, Technology"

Cons: "Not a jack rabbit"

"Purchased new in mid-2012, I now have 35,000 miles on this great vehicle. Overall I average 43.5 MPG with a high of 51. I'm not a lead foot, but I'm also not driving Miss Daisy. I also love the significant rear storage room. At 6'3 250 I fit comfortably behind the wheel and find this vehicle extremely comfortable and quite on the open road. With multiple passengers, my 6'2 son fits comfortably in the rear seat due to the seat adjustment forward and tilt. The Nav system, blue tooth etc., is awesome. Because I drive a Prius V, I continue to take some ribbing from my friends who get 12-14 MPG from their big trucks and SUV's...but at the end the day, I am saving hundreds of dollars each month at the gas pump! Prius V...great vehicle all-around."

Excellant storage, comfort and mileage

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, storage"

Cons: "radio"

"Owned since Jan 2013 with 6k miles. Let me just tell you some of the things that influenced my decision. First, it can handle five adults,and has the storage depth, height and overall volume of small SUVs and larger wagons. The MPG is spectacular - 47 mpg in mixed suburban and highway driving at max speed levels in the warmer months. Like most cars, when the winter fuels are available then it goes down by 10-12%. The V model rides higher then the standard Prius by almost an inch - does not sound like a lot but has made a big difference. Also, the V has better ride quality then the standard Prius, I have owned both. The seat comfort is above average, I judge this by the fact that I can drive over three hours with no discomfort to my 60+ body. Fit and finish are very good, Although I wished the series 5 had a better radio. If you have not driven a standard Prius then you cannot appreciate the full rear window view that the V has. At this time I believe the Prius V is in a class by itself and I am very satisfied with it."

Excellent interior space and reliability.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"This is my second Prius and both cars have been completely reliable. No repairs needed, routine service only. The interior space is ample for back seat passengers. I take a lot of stuff with me on vacation, including a dog crate and it holds all I need. By using 91 octane gas with no ethanol I get mileage 10% over the sticker numbers, except in the winter when the engine runs more to keep the heater working. The car runs effortlessly at 75mpg on the interstates and feels much more drivable than when I used 87 octane with ethanol."

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

Great with wheelchairs!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "More room than you think!"

Cons: "Little less gas mileage than the standard Prius :("

"I'm a disabled vet, and get around in a wheelchair. This Prius V 5 fits my large frame very comfortably even on long drives! My chair fits easily in the back, and my wife never fights it! Whether I'm driving with my hand controls, or as a passenger, it's as easy as rolling up to it, and simply transferring over, no fuss! We don't get the great gas mileage that the standard size Prius gets, but for us, it was more about the cargo room. We still averaged 35 mpg and I'll take that to the bank all day long!"

I really like this car

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, Bluetooth, roomy, has"

Cons: "No sunroof,"

"It has a great feel when your inside the car. Very roomy for everyone. The back seats recline back and move froward or back. I don't find the the cargo area cover very useful. It could be up higher to cover luggage or what ever you put in back. I find it in the way a lot. The car has plenty of cup holders. Roomy console and two glove-boxes, the back has some cool cubbies also. It drives pretty good. It does get good gas mileage. The MPG is really what they say it gets. My best overall trip was 43 MPG . My worst was 38 MPG. I found being in traffic that is bumper to bumper the car gets the greatest of mileage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius v near Honolulu. See local deals