• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius v

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Excellent Mileage, Roomy, Comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, storage, versatility"

Cons: "One dial controls fan, mode, temperature"

"My family of 5 downsized from a mini-van. The Prius v is perfect for us. One family member who is 6'1" actually prefers to sit in the back seat as there is plenty of leg room and the rear seats recline. We've taken this car on vacations with our dog kennel and can fit all our luggage just fine. I laugh every time I fill up because I'm saving hundreds of dollars on fuel compared to our mini-van. As far as the rear back up beeping, you can ask the dealer to shut that off so it only beeps once, then stops. Field of vision in this car is great, no bad blind spots. We got the base model and it still has great features including bluetooth. It takes no time at all to get used to the features of a hybrid. I've owned this car for six months and I love it. I think everyone should drive a Prius v!"

Worst toyota ever had

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "nth to say when compare with the same money RAV4"

Cons: "more space can be had in this size"

"I have own hilux, toyota light truck ,caldina and many generation of toyota corolla since 80s 90 ,97 , to 2007 corolla matrix. But for the prius I wish I had rather buy 2013 RAV 4. Before I bought the prius ,I had 2010 honda insight which is 42 mpg easy acheive and fun to drive .As i am toyota customer, i thought it would be much better than honda .So i bought prius V with panoramic roof.But after eagar to test my mpg i full the tank up to the top and reset the trip meter to zero. the mpg i get when i divide the mileage by gallan was only around 37.4 mpg from LA to San Diego (72 mph average) .In the city the active mpg changing dramatically down and up to around 30 to 99 (may be electric motor only working for 99Mpg)no matter how gently u press the pedal with avg mpg showing 39.8(in the city)which should get more for hybrid in city. need to turn off eco to keep with the traffic flow in the city and take so long to get to 30mph unlike honda insight with eco turn on all time. In the freeway with cruse the car used power bar to highest everytime encounter small upland and the active mpg is unstable even in the flat freeway 35mpg to 40+ changing all time which my honda never happen . it is hard to keep with 70 mph traffic as the mpg keep falling down and very slow, with avg mpg 37 heavily maintain not easy acheive .But i notice sth if i drive around (on the way to Las Vegas) 81 to 82 mph with the cruse ,the change in power struggle when encountering a small high land is unnoticeable the mpg i get was 40+.I thought this may be because of high temperature or 80mph is the critical point of the engine where power is readily available so no need to struggle for gas. In the morning when coming out of drive way i heard screeching sound ( some metal is rubbing against metal)come out from motor in EV mode as tire rotate round by round 2mph with no gas paddle press. And My car stop showing EV mode(the word EV inscribe in the car icon ) in instrumental penal and eco light stop lighting for ever. SO i am surprise when people said the mpg is higher the Posted EPA figure on the review. the worst toyota i ever had but i dont regret getting toyota since it will last upto 300k miles but i regret i dont choose RAV4 since prius has no power (even smaller engine honda is more agile then more hp and torque prius ) this prius stop me from buying a toyota hybrid (camry) again and made me wait for coming soon accord hybrid. the mpg never come to 38 when keeping with traffic flow on freeway"

Great small SUV feel with fantastic gas mileage

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "small suv,good value & space,reliable,comfortable"

Cons: "backup alarm"

"I owned a 4Runner for 10 years (and 260,000+ miles) before buying my Prius V. I needed the storage space but did not want the price tag or gas mileage of a typical SUV. The Prius V offered many of the SUV features that I enjoyed over the years. My Prius V has taken the family camping to many places over the past 1 1/2 years, including a couple that were over 6 hours away. I added a hitch and bike rack for added flexibility. Even fully loaded with gear for a trip I can get about 40MPG out of it. I never got that out of my 4Runner. The only thing I lost from going to the Prius V from my 4Runner was a little space in the back, mostly in height. I gained much more leg room in the back seat, over 2X better gas mileage, better leg room for driver, and it can even climb hills with when fully loaded. I miss the daytime running lights that my 4Runner had but I just leave the lights on all the time and they auto shut off after 30 seconds so I treat it like daytime running lights. Overall, the car has great gas mileage, the reliable Toyota quality, ample space and is a fantastic value for a small SUV. After 32K+ miles I am still happy with my decision to replace my 4Runner with the Prius V rather than a RAV4."

MPG's vs. negative features/poor design

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Reason: MPG didn't compensate for undesirable features

Pros: "drives well, good back seat leg room"

Cons: "GPS, seat leather, backup alarm, seats 4 not 5"

"side mirrors reflect air vents and dashboard thus obstructing view in heaving traffic, depending on the light (sun) you cannot read the GPS, car seats four not five adults, no sliding in/out on this leather, radio is difficult to use, no auto on headlights during daylight driving, front seats are difficult if not impossible to adjust to a comfortable setting backup alarm stays on when car is in reverse and does not change as you get close to another car or object..."

Excellant storage, comfort and mileage

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, storage"

Cons: "radio"

"Owned since Jan 2013 with 6k miles. Let me just tell you some of the things that influenced my decision. First, it can handle five adults,and has the storage depth, height and overall volume of small SUVs and larger wagons. The MPG is spectacular - 47 mpg in mixed suburban and highway driving at max speed levels in the warmer months. Like most cars, when the winter fuels are available then it goes down by 10-12%. The V model rides higher then the standard Prius by almost an inch - does not sound like a lot but has made a big difference. Also, the V has better ride quality then the standard Prius, I have owned both. The seat comfort is above average, I judge this by the fact that I can drive over three hours with no discomfort to my 60+ body. Fit and finish are very good, Although I wished the series 5 had a better radio. If you have not driven a standard Prius then you cannot appreciate the full rear window view that the V has. At this time I believe the Prius V is in a class by itself and I am very satisfied with it."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius v near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for