• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius v

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Saved on gas but don't go over a bump!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride and good on gas"

Cons: "too delicate for city driving. Repairs are insane"

"I have had the car for 2 months. Although it is great on gas and comfortable to drive, I discovered that if I go over a bump, pothole, speed bump, uneven surface, it can cause irreparable damage to the solid axle making it impossible to align the tires. I discovered this after going over a small bump. The tire deflated instantly and allegedly led to a minor bend in the solid axle which is not covered by a warranty. This needs to be replaced at a cost of over $2,000. This was a minor bump!!!!! I was told that this can happen driving in the snow also. Great car on a smooth surface--not so good in the city. So, I saved about $200 in gas but have a $2000 repair."

We just purchased this car and we love it!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We bought this type because of its bigger interior and the back seats recline thats great for long road trips to OKC... Plenty of plug-in options for our devices. Another reason is we felt its more stable and better smoother ride than the regular Prius. So far no complaints. Right now we are getting above avg. gas mileage!!!!"

Love my Prius V with a couple of reservations

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable..roomy...good leg room"

Cons: "No automatic trunk release and auto close"

"Very surprised to learn that there was no inside trunk release or automatic close. I'm in my 70's and have trouble pulling the trunk closed..For the price of 27,000, I feel that is a serious flaw.. I am only getting 38.4 MPG..I bought the Prius for the mileage, but am disappointed that it does not reach at least 40 MPG.. It is also a bit noisy on acceleration, especially going up a hill..."

I really like this car

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, Bluetooth, roomy, has"

Cons: "No sunroof,"

"It has a great feel when your inside the car. Very roomy for everyone. The back seats recline back and move froward or back. I don't find the the cargo area cover very useful. It could be up higher to cover luggage or what ever you put in back. I find it in the way a lot. The car has plenty of cup holders. Roomy console and two glove-boxes, the back has some cool cubbies also. It drives pretty good. It does get good gas mileage. The MPG is really what they say it gets. My best overall trip was 43 MPG . My worst was 38 MPG. I found being in traffic that is bumper to bumper the car gets the greatest of mileage."

Great value - economical commuter car that 'hauls'

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, cheap to operate, technologically strong"

Cons: "Image, slow acceleration, handling just 'okay'"

"No one expects a Prius to be a hot rod, and it isn't. What's more, I am a very conservative individual and purchased the Prius for the selfish reasons of reliability and fuel economy - not 'green' concerns. (I had a loaded 4 door 4WD Tacoma prior.) The car doesn't disappoint. If you take it for what it is, the car is awesome. Lots of gadgets (I love gadgets), decent power, decent ride, TONS of carry space, quiet and comfortable (I'm 6'4" and 210 pounds). It's reliable and cheap to operate and I love it. Would I love to have a large pickup? Sure! But I don't carry large loads or pull a trailer - I commute back and forth to work - and the Prius V serves me well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius v near Honolulu. See local deals