• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in

9.7

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Best Car Ever!!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas milege, Love the drive feels solid!!"

Cons: "I liked the 2012 buttons in the center better"

"I have own Porsches, BMW, Lexus and Infinities and I must admit I love my Prius. So much I purchased two of them. I originally purchased the 2012 Prius Hybrid Plugin, I thought i got a good deal but now I feel I have a GREAT deal. Not only did I sell my cars and received about $5,000 back from the sell. With my purchase of two new 2014 Plugins, now pay $400 less than what I owe, not only that I got a 100,000 mileage 6/yr warranty with tire coverage. Yes get any type of tire coverage that Toyota will sell. My 2012 had three flats in the first 6 months so much so we purchased a spare tire just so were not left on the road. It drives the same if not better I think the new one gets better mileage. We use them for work and they do just that work. In one month we drove about 3,500 miles. I am now selling all my primary gas cars and I am getting a full electric telsa. Were going green because i am tired of spending $1k in gas per month. Now we only spend about $100-200 per month in gas if we need to."

Very nice but engine runs too much in winter

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to save on gas! Good power on electric."

Cons: "Just the gas engine starts in winter, no switch of"

"Very satisfactory but engine starts even on a one mile trip in winter from warm garage. OK in summer. goes 10 miles on charge, we drive 34% on electric only..........."

I love driving 600 miles a tank!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Economical, good mechanicals"

Cons: "audio system, nav and back up camera are not good"

"Since we bought this car we have averaged about 85mpg. It is a very reliable car and perfect for the crazy soccer mom driving that we seem to do every day. Also took it out through the Sierra Nevada National Parks and it did great there too. It is a regular Prius with a little bit extra. We have solar panels so it made sense to get the plug in otherwise a regular Prius would be just fine (and for less)."

Amazingly spaceous, but noisy

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Honest 50+ mpg even up to 70 mph"

Cons: "Noisy at freeway speeds."

2013 Prius Plug-In

"This car has the same passenger compartment as the Camry, so it is quite comfortable for 4 average size occupants. Since there is no motor noise at slow speeds, Toyota added a grinding sound (sounds like something rubbing in a wheel well). With the windows down I keep thinking there is something broken. Since the phony sound is electrically generated, I would have used a motor sound (personally a muscle car motor sound). At freeway speeds the road noise is so great you must turn the sound system up significantly. This is not relaxing. Also, if anything is kicked up and strikes the undercarriage, it sounds and feels like something fell off the car. The seats are reasonably designed, but feel cheap and I don't have the over-priced 6-way adjustable option."

2013 Prius Plug-In

Awesome Auto

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable gas mileage and comfort"

Cons: "EV battery mileage is on the low end"

"This is my fourth Prius and is the best vehicle I have owned to date. Short trip city driving yields about 70-90 mpg and if I do longer road trips, I get 55-70 mpg depending on terrain (up hill/down hill). Extremely comfortable seats and lots of leg room, front and back. Plus, it rides very smoothly on the road. Love my Prius..."

Per Page:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Prius Plug-in near Honolulu. See local deals