2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,343 - $18,878.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Great ca very good mpg

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great MPG alot of features and options."

Cons: "Slow pick up and can have bumpy ride on highway."

"Very good MPG I have got as high as 57 mpg and as low as 45 against the wind in cold weather. The fit and finish is very good and navigation system easy to use. Radio apps work real well. Great car."

Cheap Commute for 40 mile Round Trips

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mileage / Warranty /Fit and Finish / Features"

Cons: "Slow Accel to Save fuel / Crazy "Other" drivers"

"I bought this car because I became tired of paying $4.10 for a gallon of premium for my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 and only getting 23 mpg tops in it since I bought it new. When I bought the SRT-4 back in 2003 premium gas was only $1.60 a gallon. Then Katrina hit and the petrol market exploded on prices and has never recovered. With this new sipper I can save over $30 a week on my commute to work, and save the rest to have fun in my 280hp turbo SRT-4 on weekends, or once in awhile at the track. I got the best warranty toyota offered @ 8 years / 125,000 mile warranty so if it breaks it is not my problem... its toyotas. I will repost my findings as of now my car only has 250 miles on it. but so far the power is plenty to get me from A TO B w/o beating my wallet up at the pump. I am still waiting for elio to produce their 84mpg car to buy. Maybe next year."

So Much to Love About this City Car!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"I love my Prius c! The gas mileage is AMAZING. Easy to park and zip around town. Don't let the size fool you. Fold down the back seats, and you have unexpected large cargo space. Plenty of cup holders and compartments. Controllers from steering wheel and Bluetooth functionality are really the cherry on top. A great value."

Spartan Fuel Miser

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg"

Cons: "Very sluggish acceleration; seats not supportive"

"Having owned a Gen 2 Prius, tried the new sibling of the Prius family, the Prius C ~ which has been noted to have exceptional gas mileage of 48-50mpg. My experience ~ 50% gridlock Boston traffic and 50% highway (driving fast - not conservative) - overall mpg of 43mpg. Definitely superior gas mileage, but not as expected.....spartan front dash is simple and easy to navigate...plenty of room with the back seats folded down (more than anticipated). However, acceleration is tortoise-like at best. Very slow. But gets up to speed on the highway and can easily cruise at 80pmh. For reliability and mpg, the Prius C can't be beat. But if you love to drive, and want a more comfortable ride (the front seats are adequate, but not supportive after an hour+ driving time - no lumbar support, and strains the neck)...there are plenty of other alternatives."

Not great in winter. No insulation.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Feeling green."

Cons: "Poor cabin heat. Poor mpg in winter."

"This car gets great gas mileage in the summer - mid 50's on a 95% hwy drive of 126 miles daily. In the winter it gets in the high 30's. They tell me it's normal and because of winter mix gas. Also, when it is cold, the heater doesn't start until you have gone at least 5 miles. They tell me that is also normal. A plug in heated seat cushion is a life saver ($10 at Menards). The road noise is awful. I'm sure I'm damaging my hearing by cranking the radio up so far so I can hear it. I'm hoping a different brand of tires will help. I haven't had any mechanical problems but I hit a raccoon and that caused $1600 damage because it is so low to the ground. It is sluggish and I feel vulnerable driving on the freeway with semis."