2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,933 - $18,638.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Prius C Two has delivered more than I expected

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, price, fun to drive"

Cons: "not a race car, front cup holder/dashboard design"

"I bought this car going into a new job where I knew I'd be commuting apprx 60 mi round trip per day. This car has been spectacularly fuel efficient, averaging 52 mpg+ and sometimes 62 mpg. There are a ton of great features included on the Two kit. It doesn't accelerate especially fast, but when buying a car for efficiency it's not going to be a race car. Right after I purchased this car I drove it 2,200 mi cross country and it did really well. The seats didn't hurt my back at all after sitting in it for 3 solid days. Handled 75 mph well, did get a bit blown around during high wind gusts but nothing too outrageous for such a small car. It's a dream to parallel park! Love the way the bluetooth automatically connects with my iphone to play music. One of the best features (that I didn't even pay attention to when buying) is the ability to add in the price of gas, it even auto-prompts you when you fill up. The computer calculates your cost per trip - super cool! It also has a great display that can help you achieve even better fuel savings (I've gotten up to 82 mpg). I really love this car, have not regretted the choice once, and would totally recommend it. I think one of the main things I love about the car, is I'm pretty sure its smarter than me! Haha! For example, it won't let anyone adjust any major settings if the car is moving. It's a smart lil car! My only random complaints: - the car doesn't beep when you use the fob to lock it so I'm often nervous it isn't locked - the layout of the left cup holder & the dashboard makes it so you often scrape it when the driver puts a to-go cup down"

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, quality car, It's a Toyota"

Cons: "Window tint could be darker"

"I was skeptical about the car after reading the Consumer Reports review, but I bought one anyway. I love this car. I commute 79.8 miles a day and I am averaging 52mpg while driving the speed limit of 75mph. I am super impressed with this car and not only for it being a gas sipper. I am able to maintain 75mph on interstate and it has enough power to pass other vehicles too. There is enough power to make it a good commuter. If you take it up a hill from a dead stop, it will struggle a bit but I power through it and my little car responds. If I wanted a sports car or Chevy Silverado, I would have bought one. I wanted a reliable, safe, quality, gas saver car that would retain its value and I bought one. Hey, I can fit my Lhasa, Maltese and 85lb Rottweiler in the back seat with no problem. When my friends ride along, they tell me there is plenty of space in the back. So space is no problem. My mom and dad want one too. I only wish my car would have come with darker window tint but that is easily fixed."

Best mpg I have ever seen

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "Radio does not have much bass"

"I had a ford fusion before this car. I find the prius c to be a better car all the way around. If you are looking for a fast car you will not like this car. The prius c is a little under power. I can be up to 70 mph when getting on the highway so it works for me top speed is about 108 mph.I have 7000 miles on the car and the over all avg mpg is 50 mpg the best I have seen is around 60 mpg in the city and 48 to 52 on the highway at 70 mph.The ac lowers your gas mileage by about 7 mpg but with the ac on I still get 44 to 48mpg so it is still good. The seats are pretty good I have the prius c 2. Road noise is a little loud but the tire seem to be the problem but all and all I am very happy with the car. It has never had to go back to the dealer for any problem the fusion I had was in for service 7 times in 30,000 miles"

Nice Package: Good Value, Super Handling, Green!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Saving Planet. Design, Economy, Versatile, Cute!"

Cons: "Not a Ferrari"

"I am a Realtor and of course I do a lot of city, stop and go, and short trip driving. When I went shopping for a hybrid or other high mpg (fuel efficient) car I started out looking at used hybrids or new, small econ cars. I really wanted to keep it below $20,000 AND have incredible gas mileage. After several weeks of test driving and frustration I discovered the Prius C - What a great value compared to the standard Prius! I estimate that I am saving about $150 a month in gas expense vs my (Turbo)Subaru. Years down the road when my car payment is done this will make a huge difference in my quality of life - that extra $150 to $200 a month! For maximum fuel efficiency, the acceleration takes some getting used to, physically and psychologically. I had an Audi A4 years ago, and then a Subaru with a turbo. So, I was used to having power and superior handling at my fingertips. There is enough power, when needed, in this vehicle - but the whole dynamic is different and a driver needs to anticipate acceleration when possible. However, cluing in to the gauges and learning how to get maximum efficiency has, in general, changed my driving style. It's fun to challenge myself and try to get 59 mgp on the flat, short trips. Long down-hills, like coming out of the mountains or off the foothills, it's WAY FUN to see the trip meter read at 78 to 99 mpg. The handling of the "C" class I found far superior to the older, (used), regular Prius versions. (I test drove several) and the turning radius, control, and steering is GREAT in this car. Aside from lacking pure, raw acceleration this baby DOES drive like a little sports car at city street speeds (15-45). It's not so impressive on the highway but performed better than several Honda's (stiff, bumpy ride), the Ford Fiesta, anything from Kia or Hyundai. Cabin design and the split-seat hatchback are incredibly versatile, and I've been able to get all kinds of large or bulky items into my Prius C with no problem at all. I even moved a medium size piece of antique furniture! Overall, I am happy with the Toyota Prius C - but the proof will be in the pudding long term. If I am still praising the quality in 5-10 years, and watching my gas dollars go farther than anyone else as gas approaches $5 a gallon again (it will), I expect my satisfaction with this vehicle to only grow from here."

Farm girl loves it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas savings with comfort & good looks"

Cons: "Minor aerodynamic noise in specific conditions"

"I'm driving my new Prius c (model 2) for the past 8 months. I have 12K miles on it and I continue to love it. I am not a "green" person; I bought it because I'm thrifty. Monthly gas costs went from $300 to $75. Yay! I am mostly getting 56 mpg on average. I heard I might get less mpg in the winter (I live in PA), and it did drop a bit when it got below freezing, but I am still thrilled. It doesn't have "schwoop" to get into fast moving traffic, but I adjust. 5'10" tall hubby is happy with it too, as his concern was would he bump his head on the liner. I studies all videos I could find on it before buying it, i.e. how to drive it, etc. I was overly concerned. You just get in and drive. IF you want to squeeze out even better mileage, you pulse & glide. Also, I barely do city driving, which would give the best mpg. I'm all over country roads & highways. I'm an empty nester, and it suits me fine. There's only 1 thing I dislike, but I made an adjustment: When driving around 55mph with all windows down, I get this rumble noise. It's an aerodynamic issue. So I adjust the windows to eliminate it. But that's it. I am a very happy camper and would definitely buy another."