• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,038 - $18,577.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 8 9 10 | Next

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, quality car, It's a Toyota"

Cons: "Window tint could be darker"

"I was skeptical about the car after reading the Consumer Reports review, but I bought one anyway. I love this car. I commute 79.8 miles a day and I am averaging 52mpg while driving the speed limit of 75mph. I am super impressed with this car and not only for it being a gas sipper. I am able to maintain 75mph on interstate and it has enough power to pass other vehicles too. There is enough power to make it a good commuter. If you take it up a hill from a dead stop, it will struggle a bit but I power through it and my little car responds. If I wanted a sports car or Chevy Silverado, I would have bought one. I wanted a reliable, safe, quality, gas saver car that would retain its value and I bought one. Hey, I can fit my Lhasa, Maltese and 85lb Rottweiler in the back seat with no problem. When my friends ride along, they tell me there is plenty of space in the back. So space is no problem. My mom and dad want one too. I only wish my car would have come with darker window tint but that is easily fixed."

a very good car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "FUEL MILEAGE"

Cons: "no leg room for both front and back passenger"

lil orange

"i love the car..wife disagrees the seats are like bricks way under powered but over all i really love the car.i get around 48.0 mpg i have 7000 mls on it now.not recommended for long trip although i have taken it on a 500 ml trip i was comfortable but the wife and kid wasn't.no leg room for passenger wife is 5'8 and was cramped for 9 hours.but over all i would recommend buying the car for GAS MILEAGE!!!"

lil orange

Best small car

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "High mpg, smooth drive, sporty view"

Cons: "Low power"

"Three years ago, we test drove a Prius but we didn't like it. It was noisy on highway and the cargo size was something between small and medium. During the last 4 months, I test drove Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus (Sedan), Nissan Versa, Hyndi Elantra and Accent, and Honda Fit and Civic. Ford Fiesta has a small backseat but unfriendly dashboard, however the dive was better than Honda Fit; more horsepower with a better dynamic. Ford Focus backseat was not significantly different from Fiesta's but the drive was smoother. I didn't expect that much of wind noise from the legendary Civic EX. Even though it looks like Versa offers a bigger space, its interior was not as sporty and as live as other cars and the power was comparable to Prius C. Both Elantra and Versa are quite powerful with more interior option at a lower cost but the rear view was not good at all. Compared to Fiesta and Focus, Prius C offers a bigger backseat, smoother drive, less road noise, a much better interior, almost no blind-spot, and more options (Bluetooth and automatic climate control with air filter for all trims). I really like the drive; much better than the original Prius that we test drove 3 years ago. The Prius C cargo space is smaller than all other cars but if you buy one for what it's built for --City, you don't need that much of cargo space. I have gotten up to 70mpg in city and an average of 54. Such a high mpg is due to a small engine; nonetheless, The power is good enough to get you on highways and turn fas on the road crosses. It's better to have the right amount of power than to have too much of it and that's why you can save money in long run. According to my calculations and considering EPA mpg and available discounts for above cars, 5-years cost to own of Fiesta or Focus were just couple of hundred cheaper than Prius C's (gas price = $4), so it all depends if you need more power or you think that the gas price will go higher and you want to save couple of hundreds. In general, I am very happy with my choice."

Exactly what I was looking for.

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Awesome."

"It's rated at 46 to 53. My first tank of gas (holds 9.5 gals) took me 474 miles. If you drive it like Toyota suggests, you get great mpg's. My combined mileage was 56 mpg, which included a trip through the White Mountains. Sure it's under powered in the Mountains, but I don't live in the mountains, I visit them once in a while. If you want a fast car, don't look for a Hybrid. If you want great mpg's then here it is. It's fun to drive. I wanted a new Ford Fiesta, until I drove one, then I drove this and the rest is....."

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage and the info display..."

Cons: "slow take off."

"The Prius C is great for the ECO friendly driver. The info display will have you curious for many days because of all of the many features. Overall a great car! The only down side is that if you are looking for a car with a lot of take off power then this is not the car for you."

Previous | 1 ... 8 9 10 | Next