2014 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,174 - $18,787.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

Farm girl loves it

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas savings with comfort & good looks"

Cons: "Minor aerodynamic noise in specific conditions"

"I'm driving my new Prius c (model 2) for the past 8 months. I have 12K miles on it and I continue to love it. I am not a "green" person; I bought it because I'm thrifty. Monthly gas costs went from $300 to $75. Yay! I am mostly getting 56 mpg on average. I heard I might get less mpg in the winter (I live in PA), and it did drop a bit when it got below freezing, but I am still thrilled. It doesn't have "schwoop" to get into fast moving traffic, but I adjust. 5'10" tall hubby is happy with it too, as his concern was would he bump his head on the liner. I studies all videos I could find on it before buying it, i.e. how to drive it, etc. I was overly concerned. You just get in and drive. IF you want to squeeze out even better mileage, you pulse & glide. Also, I barely do city driving, which would give the best mpg. I'm all over country roads & highways. I'm an empty nester, and it suits me fine. There's only 1 thing I dislike, but I made an adjustment: When driving around 55mph with all windows down, I get this rumble noise. It's an aerodynamic issue. So I adjust the windows to eliminate it. But that's it. I am a very happy camper and would definitely buy another."

This car is amazing. Gtting close to 65 Mil/Gal

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive. Saves a lot of money."

Cons: "n/a"

"I'm honestly saving a lot of money every day I drive this car! I used to spend $10.00 a day for gas and my car was a sedan. Now I'm paying less than $2.50 a day!! I know it's unreal but it's true! It also runs great. I’m 6’ tall but I have a lot of leg room in this car. This car is a smart choice in today’s high gas prices. The selling price is also reasonable. I highly recommend this car."

WHAT A DEAL

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOT THAT I CAN FIND"

"PURCHASE THIS CAR ON 11-5-12. WITH GAS PRICES NEAR $4.00/GAL. AND I KNOW THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE A FEW YEARS AGO--I WANTED SOMETHING FOR THE FUTURE. I AM ON A FIXED INCOME AND MY PREV. CAR GOT AROUND 20 MPG. I TOOK THE PRIUS C (2) OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE--AND WAS SOLD. IT WILL TAKE ME AWHILE TO FIGURE OUT ALL THE DISPLAYS THAT I CAN BRING UP ON THE SCREEN. I PURCHASED THE CAR FOR $20034 WHICH INCLUDED CARPETED FLOOR MATES AND REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR ( OPTION'S ).I ALSO PURCHASED A HITCH ( TO CARRY BICYCLE'S ) WHICH I WILL INSTALL MYSELF ( $119.00 ON EBAY ). THE NO MAINT. PROGRAM FOR 2 YEARS OR 25,000 MILES IS A NICE FEATURE ALSO. I DID BY THE 7 YEAR/100,000 BUMPER TO BUMPER SERVICE PLAN ( $1,000 TAX INCLUDED ), SO SHOULD BE ALL SET FOR AWHILE.THIS MAY NOT BE A FAMILY CAR--BUT FOR ONE OR TWO PEOPLE AND THERE TOYS--IT WILL DO. REMEMBER IT'S ALL ABOUT SAVING MONEY. THE RIDE IS VERY GOOD ( IT'S A WIDE CAR ) , SO YOU HAVE THE ROOM--YOU DON'T FEEL TIGHT INSIDE."

Best value for price

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Gas, looks, features"

Cons: "Electric engine could b stronger slow speed up."

"I bought this car to save on gas on my daily commute and it's one of the most afortable cars out there. It's fun to drive and there are lots of features that will make that commute les boring. I bought the Prius c one bacause it's best for what I nead it I don't nead all the fancy extra stuf, this car has all I nead and more and I can modify it as I want as far as lighter wheels or stuf to make it even more efficient than it is and add my personal look rather than the dealers overpriced looks. Very happy with this car. :-)"

Revision on "Best small car"

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Almost every thing"

"I wrote my first review about 6 months ago. That review is known to be the most helpful review on kbb. Since then, I have put 4k on the car and got our fist service a week ago (through ToyotaCare) which was free and fast (40 min). Couple of months ago consumerreport gave the car a thumb down and many people have posted great or horrible reviews on Prius C. But every day that I drive my Prius C, I think that I made an excellent choice. My wife's view about the car has changed from 'good' to 'the best'. Its front seats are more comfortable for me (5'9") than our Honda CRV. Our daily round commute is about 15 miles (20-30% highway) and our combined mpg is 56. The lowest and highest mpg in a 6.5 mile driving in 'Eco Mode' have been 45 and 92 respectively. The mpg is greatly affected by driving behavior and outdoor temperature. The mpg drops in very hot days even if you don't turn on the A/C. I used to think that the car is slow but actually it can keep up with speed of other cars on roads and highways. I figured that if I want to experience a sporty drive, it will be cheaper to rent a car for a road trip. There are some small things that can be improved. Some people don't like its exterior but I really don't care about how it looks in others' eyes. I always want to enjoy my own driving and small things inside the car matter to me. The inside can be improved in terms of material quality. If you move the front seats very close to the dashboard, you can easily scratch your bare legs if rubbed against the plastic. Besides, it's somehow uncomfortable that to answer a call you have to push the top part of the 'phone' button on the radio (trim 'Two') but the bottom part of the 'phone' button on the steering! It would also be more convenient if there was a DC power outlet inside the armrest and if a power-adjustable seat was available. The 'heated seat' is unnecessary and too expensive; you can buy heated cushion for less than $30. It is definitely a small car and may not suit you if you have a large family. I don't want to push anyone to get a Prius C but it is worth test-driving one and comparing it with other cars."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next