• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,860 - $20,687.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Prius C the best

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

"I've had this car for a year now and I absolutely love it. In the spring/summer/fall I average 60 miles per gallon. Which is fantastic. It is a 400 mile 8 gallon tank - which means you hardly have to fill up and when you do it's never a huge expense. In the winter time I average about 45 miles per gallon - which is still better than most. Yes, the pickup isn't the best and you feel low to the ground. You also feel obligated to drive slower on the highway because you drive a Prius that monitors your eco score. But, really, you don't need much faster pickup than it gives you. When you need to go somewhere, you get there. Where you think it is a small car and it may be hard to fit 5 people driving, it really is very accommodating to that. The con's I have are: The seat color is incredibly easy to stain The headrests are very large in comparison to the car I feel like I have to turn up the radio because the road noise It is a smooth ride, and while you can feel pot holes more so than a larger car, you have to remember that you are in a tiny car. You can easily park in spots without question. Any spot - even in between two SUV's! I love the hatchback - you are driving a tiny car and yet you can still carry stuff! Yes, it's small but the benefits outway the cons. :)"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive (geek factor)"

Cons: "people will bug you to trade it in"

"I love everything about this car except the height of the driver's seat. I got the c2 and it is not adjustable. I have learned to live with it. I average 63mpg over the whole year. I do not run the heat or air-conditioning whenever possible---it uses fuel for heat and NiMH-storage for the AC. I use the "B" like a jake-brake is used in a tractor-trailer and it fills in for slowing down to a stop before (or perhaps not having to) apply the brakes. It is less wear and tear on the brakes and the "B" function adds more juice to the storage battery. I don't give a fig for "tearing out" of places or passing people on the streets or highway. I drive the speed limit or slightly under and let all the crazies who want the stress of passing me to go ahead and have that stress. I got this c2 for the price of a c1 as a c1 was not available where I live. Of the 3 extra dumb things that I didn't want to pay for in a c2, I use one: the tonneau top for the hatch opening. But, I could just as easily live without it. I plan to never trade this baby in. :-)"

solid vehicle for price.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value & MPG"

Cons: "Seats & acceleration."

"I'm rather picky on what I call nice, because I've sold Cars before. For what I paid for the car, it is way more bang for your buck than buying a full Prius. Now I've drove a standard Prius as a demo car for about a week & loved it, it was a fully loaded Prius 3. Going from a standard Prius to a Prius C is a big change. you lose a lot of what was considered Prius only character. The Prius C looks more like a Toyota Yaris than its big brother Prius. With the price you get a great value but loose some comfort & styling. however you'll keep the famous Prius MPG & acceleration, only at a cut in Quality. I would Recommend it to almost anyone who always leaves in a timely manner & doesn't need to speed."

Turtle Power

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price"

Cons: "acceleration from 40 to 65, goofy stock look"

"This is a rating for a model 1. Coming from someone who owned much faster cars before, the Prius C is a humbling experience. It will force humility if you have none while trying to get onto highways. It goes from 0-35 or so just fine but getting it to the next level is an exercise in patience. This car definitely feels much more comfortable on the street. I'd rate this car on the street 10/10 when considering fuel mileage but highway 2/10. It's that much of a difference. If you're ever entering a highway where you're immediately tossed on the runway, do not try to out-speed anyone. The much vaunted fuel mileage is what this car is all about. After slamming the car to see what it could do for about 400 miles, finally got to the point where I needed to fill up around 450 with a mixture of street and highway driving. I'm now at 500 driving like a human being and still with a full tank. It is also a small tank, 9.5 gallons to fill so all your gas price fears evaporate instantly upon purchase. Aesthetically this car is underwhelming but definitely has mod potential, which is why I went for the cheapest model so I can make my own adjustments for the right price. A 16 inch light weight alloy wheel and a drop of about a few inches would make a world of difference and not effect gas mileage since standard rims are heavy fuel efficient steal. The blue tooth hooked up beautifully with my iphone with no issues. Speakers don't have much bite at level 1 though. Might get something aftermarket. If you're used to cruise control, don't think about buying this car without it. I'm a man on the taller side (6ft) and the gas pedal is very small! Smaller than any car I've ever been in, covers about half my foot and feels funny pressing down or holding any speed. Never been a cruise control guy but the small pedal almost makes me wish I got the feature. All in all, great car. Every gripe I've had cannot compare with the fuel economy and the price I paid for it. Haggle a bit, you should at least get 1000 off the MSRP. If you don't, walk out! They'll change their tune. :)"

Same mpg as liftback prius but cheaper!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, Sporty, Many Utility Uses"

Cons: "No PHEV option available yet"

"The real world average mpg of the Prius C is equivalent to the original liftback Prius. The price tag, however, is significantly lower. The base model comes standard with cloth seats which require care to avoid dirt/stains. It will be nice if future generations of the Prius C plug in like the PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Prius. Overall, the Prius C is a Ridiculously Good Value!"