• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Toyota Prius c Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,463 - $18,191.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Best bang for your buck car...

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "MPG!!!, easy to park, feels really solid for size"

Cons: "No love on the freeway"

"We bought this car brand new Sept. 2013 and we love it so far. Owned it about 7 months and my husband does heavy driving on this car for work. We've put close to 11,000 miles on it already. He averages around 48mpg highway and street driving combined. It only takes about $32 to fill up the tank and lasts him all week. I have no complaints when it comes to the savings we have with gas. We got the two year complimentary toyotacare so it has cost us nothing to maintain the car either. We have the c4 so we have the navigation. It works for us, but the screen is a little dim and small. We also wish Toyota didn't add the weird lines all over the car cause it just looks like someone scratched the interior and the seats. It's a design flaw. The back head rests are also a little big for the car and becomes a blindspot. Overall though, love love love this little car."

Spartan Fuel Miser

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg"

Cons: "Very sluggish acceleration; seats not supportive"

"Having owned a Gen 2 Prius, tried the new sibling of the Prius family, the Prius C ~ which has been noted to have exceptional gas mileage of 48-50mpg. My experience ~ 50% gridlock Boston traffic and 50% highway (driving fast - not conservative) - overall mpg of 43mpg. Definitely superior gas mileage, but not as expected.....spartan front dash is simple and easy to navigate...plenty of room with the back seats folded down (more than anticipated). However, acceleration is tortoise-like at best. Very slow. But gets up to speed on the highway and can easily cruise at 80pmh. For reliability and mpg, the Prius C can't be beat. But if you love to drive, and want a more comfortable ride (the front seats are adequate, but not supportive after an hour+ driving time - no lumbar support, and strains the neck)...there are plenty of other alternatives."

solid vehicle for price.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value & MPG"

Cons: "Seats & acceleration."

"I'm rather picky on what I call nice, because I've sold Cars before. For what I paid for the car, it is way more bang for your buck than buying a full Prius. Now I've drove a standard Prius as a demo car for about a week & loved it, it was a fully loaded Prius 3. Going from a standard Prius to a Prius C is a big change. you lose a lot of what was considered Prius only character. The Prius C looks more like a Toyota Yaris than its big brother Prius. With the price you get a great value but loose some comfort & styling. however you'll keep the famous Prius MPG & acceleration, only at a cut in Quality. I would Recommend it to almost anyone who always leaves in a timely manner & doesn't need to speed."

Same mpg as liftback prius but cheaper!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, Sporty, Many Utility Uses"

Cons: "No PHEV option available yet"

"The real world average mpg of the Prius C is equivalent to the original liftback Prius. The price tag, however, is significantly lower. The base model comes standard with cloth seats which require care to avoid dirt/stains. It will be nice if future generations of the Prius C plug in like the PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Prius. Overall, the Prius C is a Ridiculously Good Value!"

By far the best car I have ever owned or driven!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "My Prius is so much fun to own and drive!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of even one negative!"

"This car is LITERALLY paying for itself! I have done the math and with the current fuel prices being the highest they've been in a while, I have come to the conclusion that what I am saving in fuel cost is far-outweighing the monthly payments that I am making! Also, I can zip in and out of any spot or through and around any traffic better than I have in any other vehicle I have ever owned or driven. In short, I LOVE MY PRIUS!!!"